BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Reviews about "interesting work"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 38 of over 964 reviews

3.5
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Managing Director Julian Cracknell
Julian Cracknell
Pros
  • "Good flexible working for work/life balance(in 86 reviews)

• "Supportive, interesting work, good team(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very 'Old Boys Network' in senior management(in 50 reviews)

• "The company can't work out if its a consultancy or box shifter(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

182 Comments

Tech

35.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BAE Systems Applied Intelligence~692575
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "interesting work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good Employer

Jan 7, 2021 - Lead Data Scientist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, interesting work, good team.

Cons

Confusing management and baroque internal market structure.

2. 4.0

Mid level ceiling

Jan 19, 2021 - Solutions Architect in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice offices, interesting work, great colleagues and transparency if organisation. Also good Training.

Cons

Good progression until mid level then ceiling. Very middle class white senior leadership.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting projects and clever people

Aug 20, 2020 - Electronics Engineer in Guildford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Varied and interesting work Surrounded by experienced people to learn from Flexible benefits package (buy/sell holidays, share scheme, private healthcare etc.) Room for career progression Free kit kats

Cons

Traffic bad in Guildford area Some company processes (e.g. security and setting up IT) seem convoluted

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on working at AI. It’s great to know you are enjoying your time here and we agree, our people are our greatest strength. We are so glad you are finding the work varied and interesting (and enjoing the KitKats). We will be feeding back all your comments so thank you again!

4. 5.0

Great work

Aug 18, 2020 - Data Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, good expenses, great colleagues.

Cons

a bit lower than average pay

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Hello and thank you for your review. It’s great to know you are enjoying your time here and are finding the work interesting. Thanks for sharing!

5. 3.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Not bad but Matrix managed and in you can end up in a silo so you only ever meet the in your room / project.

Aug 3, 2020 - Security Engineer/Automation in Gloucester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work but need better tools.

Cons

Opportunities for ideas limited. Not much automation of dull tasks.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thanks for your comments, and glad to hear you had a mostly positive experience working at AI. It's great to hear you found the work interesting but very worrying to hear some of your comments. We will begin investigating this issue immediately. Thanks again for your review.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

An OK place to work for a limited period to gain experience

Jul 8, 2020 - IT Project Manager in Guildford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people work there and there are interesting work opportunities for learning on the job. You might get sponsored for SC or even DV security clearance which is transferable to other organisations / roles.

Cons

Don't expect anyone to care about your career and development / training other than yourself. Managers are scared for their own jobs so look to shift blame or treat people badly to make up for their own shortcomings / self doubt demons.

4 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a balanced review, we value all of the reviews we receive. While it's disappointing to hear some of your comments, we appreciate all of the feedback we receive, and will ensure our leadership team is made aware of it. Thanks again.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the better places to work

Feb 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, committed teams, intelligent and motivated staff, recognize humanity in staff, interesting work

Cons

Limitations by type of work, not easy IT churn work, poor internal processes

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you very much for your review. It’s great to know you are enjoying the work and that you feel there is a good working culture, our people are of course our greatest strength! Thanks again.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

No-one stronger in the government and national security sectors

Nov 17, 2019 - Executive Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very interesting work, and able to work in areas and sectors very few other companies can operate, especially in the international government area. Some amazing people, and fundementally a positive, supportive culture within the business. This is a business that rewards collaboration.

Cons

Multiple re-organisations and restructures of internal ways of working - still not recovered fully from all the changes over the past few years. Still in the process of business change from divestment of MSS and Silversky

2 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on working at AI. It’s great to know you find he work interesting. Following the recent strategic review of the Applied Intelligence Technology & Commercial business unit, we are making some changes to help deliver a profitable, long-term growth plan. We remain committed to supporting our personnel through this process and couldn't agree more that our people are our biggest and strongest asset. Thank you again for your feedback.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mixed experiences of this company

Oct 15, 2019 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bright people; Interesting work; Great mission; Good pay.

Cons

Too many low value contracts, disproportionate overhead cost base, limited competitiveness, frustrated workforce following redundancies two years out of last three.

3 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a balanced review of your time with us. Its great to know you find the work interesting and we certainly agree that our people are smart and our greatest strength. Taking time to provide some of the negative feedback is really valuable for us and we will be sending your comments to the leadership team for review. Thanks again.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Steady decline and lacking strategy

Jul 3, 2019 - Software Engineer in Guildford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues Interesting work Lots of variation

Cons

Constantly changing strategy Lack of investment in products Lack of transparency from senior management Ratio of engineers to managers very biased towards management Few progression paths that don't involve becoming a manager

2 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a balanced review, we value all of the reviews we receive. It’s great to hear you find your work interesting and it’s disappointing to hear your negative feedback but we do appreciate your comments and will ensure our leadership team is made aware of the issues you raised. Thanks again for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews