BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 74 of over 961 reviews

3.5
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Managing Director Julian Cracknell
Julian Cracknell
Pros
  • "Good flexible working for work/life balance(in 86 reviews)

• "Supportive, interesting work, good team(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very 'Old Boys Network' in senior management(in 50 reviews)

• "The company can't work out if its a consultancy or box shifter(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

181 Comments

Tech

34.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BAE Systems Applied Intelligence~692575
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great culture, exciting opportunities

Jan 17, 2021 - Management Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Supportive and motivational culture + True work/life balance + Opportunities to take serious responsibilities from the start + ability to affect organisational change from any position + Incredible opportunities to work on leading projects

Cons

- Junior pay slightly lower than industry average - Internal IT is terrible - Poor performers passed around rather than removed quickly

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Generally a good place to work

Jan 21, 2021 - Procurement Engineer in Preston, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively good compensation for the local area Job security Encourage work/life balance

Cons

A lot of responsibility avoidance in all areas at all levels making things unecessarily difficult

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Relies on reputation rather than quality of product

Apr 17, 2020 - Product Owner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good work life balance - talented, interesting people - parent company provides stability few companies can match

Cons

- constantly feels like we're behind competition - innovation is not universally nurtured - workforce feels undervalued - few perks, poor salary relative to competitors

6 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a balanced review, we value all of the reviews we receive. It’s great to know you have found a good work life balance here and we agree, our people are our greatest strength. While it's disappointing to hear some of your comments, we appreciate all of the feedback we receive, and will ensure our leadership team is made aware of it. Thanks again.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the job I was expecting

Feb 21, 2020 - Graduate Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers and work life balance

Cons

Terrible, terrible management. Lots of infighting between departments. Lots of inefficiencies that should’ve been fixed years ago.

3 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on working at AI. It’s great to know you feel you have a good work life balance and we agree our people are our greatest strength. While it's disappointing to hear some of your comments, we appreciate all of the feedback we receive, and will ensure our leadership team is made aware of it. Thanks again.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent company to work for

Jan 20, 2020 - Principal Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company to work for with lots of unique opportunities. The company also allows you to have a good work life balance and is flexible in its approach to working from home. Very high work ethics along with high caliber colleagues to work with.

Cons

If you are ever unfortunate enough to be on bench, it can be stressful.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your time at Applied Intelligence. We are proud of how we have developed our flexible working, so feedback that you have benefited from a good work life balance at AI is great to hear! We also couldn't agree more that our people are smart and our greatest strength. Taking time to provide this feedback is really valuable to us so thanks again.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Principal Consultant role in the south west

Dec 5, 2019 - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits package. Good work life balance. Some good projects but the pull is towards London and Guildford.

Cons

Isolated working at times. Lack of clear direction. Senior managers can be controlling.

2 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you very much for your review. It's great to know you are settling in well and you are enjoying the flexibility and benefits. We really value this feedback and hope you continue to enjoy your time with AI. We will be taking your comments forward for review by the leadership team. Thanks again.

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 20, 2019 - Talent Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, working with smart people

Cons

can't think of any really

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Great to hear your feedback, thanks for sharing! Its good to know you like you are finding a good work life balance - we really value this kind of feedback. Thanks again

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Sep 17, 2019 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work/Life balance Helpful and friendly colleagues Excellent benefits Lots of Kit Kat and fruits

Cons

Lack of projects for graduates

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us. We are pleased to hear you feel you have a good work/life balance. Thanks again!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Several benefits but also several drawbacks

Sep 12, 2019 - Accountant in Guildford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is very good here - flexibility is great. The MD at BAE AI is good. Most offices are modern.

Cons

Pay is below average, senior staff are very laissez-faire and do not seem to care for their staff, progression is often hard to come by.

1 person found this review helpful

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a balanced review of your time with us. We value all of the reviews we receive, and will communicate back to our leadership teams. Thanks

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Limitless opportunities for those who try

Aug 1, 2019 - Business Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible opportunities to take leadership positions informally and formally from a very early stage, great exposure with clients and challenges if you seek them. Reasonable work life balance.

Cons

Due to nature of a large organisation, too few people end up doing all the internal initiatives and the less proactive are not strongly encouraged to engage. Lack of close working teams if not on project and sometimes unclear accountability.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Response

Great to hear your feedback, thanks for sharing! Its great to know you are seeing the opportunities we have at AI - we really value this kind of feedback. Your comments and advice will be put forward for consideration. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Reviews