BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Employee Reviews about "consultancy"

Updated Aug 24, 2020

Found 26 of over 1,059 reviews

3.7
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Group Managing Director  Dave Armstrong
Dave Armstrong
Pros
  • "Decent work life balance for consulting(in 98 reviews)

• "Supportive, interesting work, good team(in 74 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very 'Old Boys Network' in senior management(in 52 reviews)

• "The company can't work out if its a consultancy or box shifter(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

289.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BAE Systems Digital Intelligence~692575
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "consultancy"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

The most amazing people

Sep 9, 2019 - Associate in Gloucester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with the smartest people in the business. Projects are mostly well funded and well managed.

Cons

Given the secure nature of the work, clearances are required. Being a consultancy, travel is a requirement.

Be the first to find this review helpful

BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Response

Thank you very much for your review. We certainly agree that our people are talented and our greatest strength. Taking time to provide this feedback is really valuable for us and we will be sending your comments on. We hope you continue to enjoy working for AI. Thanks again.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Fantastic staff, Reprehensible Management

Aug 24, 2020 - Test Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment to work on Surrey Research Park (but with poor traffic access). Fantastic staff (at the grass roots). Important work being done. Interesting clients. Reasonable remuneration/package. Online Training Courses. Felt proud to work for the company.

Cons

Treat Staff purely as a resource. Limited training, apart from online courses. Restructure / Redundancies every 18 months. Staff have to 'maneuver' themselves to ensure they are not in the firing line or maneuver other people INTO the firing line to save their own jobs. To many inexperienced graduates thinking they can manage projects. The company can't work out if its a consultancy or box shifter. Poor handling of software projects due to lack of understanding of requirements with cost/time over runs, with many unhappy customers. A company known in the industry to be on the way out, only supported by BAE Systems to ensure it has a finger in the digital market to support its big ticket Hardware Sales. Bottom Line Some strong positives with fantastic staff, but outweighed by catastrophically bad senior leadership/HR management. (see common thread throughout Glassdoor reviews). The company is run by the numbers game with a high turn over of staff (well above industry standard). Loyalty and flexibility is ultimately rewarded by redundancy. If your looking for a professional long term career (employment) look elsewhere.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us. It's great to know you found the work interesting and important and we are pleased you felt proud to work for BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. While it's disappointing to hear some of your comments, we appreciate all of the feedback we receive, and will ensure the practice manager, HR and our leadership team is made aware of it. Your invdividual points will go through full review. Your comments and advice are really valuable to us. We wish you the best of luck in your future career. Thank you.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to learn as a graduate

Sep 27, 2018 - Principal Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solved interesting problems Surrounded by intelligent, likeminded people Gained good experience early on in career

Cons

Struggled as a product company within a consultancy

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Some great people and projects but for how much longer?

May 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great for networking and getting out in the industry -Worked with some great people on really interesting projects -Great exposure and stepping stone to other work

Cons

-Struggling to keep good people -Trying to become more of a typical big consultancy with a bigger focus on getting people on any role rather than the right one. Too often people are left in roles they don't want and end up quitting -Salaries are not competitive -Company growth strategy appears to not be working and this has meant low bonuses, pay rises and a general low moral

Continue reading