BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Feb 11, 2021

Found 34 of over 1,033 reviews

3.8
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Group Managing Director  Dave Armstrong
Dave Armstrong
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Decent work life balance for consulting(in 98 reviews)

• "Supportive, interesting work, good team(in 74 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very 'Old Boys Network' in senior management(in 52 reviews)

• "The company can't work out if its a consultancy or box shifter(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

235.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BAE Systems Digital Intelligence~692575
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Should never have left

Jan 30, 2019 - Principal Technical Architect in Guildford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Intelligent people. Worked hard with a good social balance.

Cons

Senior management changed frequently and was often at odds with the culture of the company

1 person found this review helpful

BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Response

Our culture is very unique and special to us and so this feedback is really valuable. Thank you for taking the time to review your time at AI. Good luck in your career. Thanks again!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Okay

Feb 11, 2021 - Financial Controller in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well respected organisation with good processes

Cons

Male dominated senior management with an old school culture

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good progression, competitive colleagues, good location

Jun 9, 2020 - Business Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office location Good progression opportunities Good work social life

Cons

Competing against peers constantly Some senior management difficult to work with

Be the first to find this review helpful

BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Response

Thanks for sharing feedback about your time at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. It’s great to know you enjoyed the social like at AI and that you saw opportunities for progression. We will feedback your comments to the leadership team. Thanks again.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall happy with my time there

Feb 3, 2020 - Test Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work is recognised- promotions and reward incentives are available. Happy to pay for certified training to up skill staff. Lovely staff!

Cons

Very 'Old Boys Network' in senior management. Often guilty of putting people in roles they don't want to be in for the sake of 'bums on seats'. You can be stuck in the same role for years if they have no-one to back fill your role.

2 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Response

Thanks for your comments, and glad to hear you had a mostly positive experience working at AI. The ongoing development of our employees is a top priority for us so thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this and we of course agree our staff are our greatest strength! We will be taking all of your comments forward for review so thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Management out of step with modern Software development practices. Old Boys

Jan 15, 2020 - Engineering Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very intelligent and capable technical people. BAE enforced processes have killed the innovation culture that existed. BAE business model of fleecing government customers is the future.

Cons

Senior Management is totally outdated. No trust, increasing micro management over time. I spend 1 hour doing work and 7 hours justifying my decisions each day. Forget HIPPO (Highest Paid Person's Opinion), the poshest person rule, even though they haven't a clue on how to deliver software. Diversity and Inclusion is just lip service. Morale amongst the do'ers is very poor. Senior Management doesn't really care. Recent rounds of redundancies has seen Senior Management look after their own. Everyone else has been thrown to the winds.

6 people found this review helpful

BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Response

Thank you very much for your review. We certainly agree that our people are our greatest strength. While it's disappointing to hear some of your comments, we appreciate all of the feedback we receive, and will ensure our leadership team is made aware of it. Thanks again.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Worked at Guildford for 4.5 years - constant redundancies

Jan 9, 2020 - Test Engineer in Guildford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Surrey Research Park is a nice environment to work in with grass, trees and lakes.

Cons

Surrey Research Park is a nice environment to work in with grass, trees and lakes, but let down by having only one road entrance/exit to the park, so if arriving by car be prepared for an extra 90 mins on your travel time EVERY day, and YES, it’s that bad, and arrive early due to the lack of parking. I was involved with both Hardware and Software testing; the hardware development and testing team were a fantastic team, but everything is pretty much left to the last six weeks of the calendar year, rather than being organised and managed throughout the year. On top of that during this very busy period all staff are expected to complete yearly reviews, gathering 360 feedback and WRF’s etc from colleagues rather than leaving it to the quieter period at the start of a new year. When the company was in trouble during the ‘first restructure’ (round of redundancies), I was asked to move over to Software testing (as qualified in both areas). In this area there are some talented staff and some interesting projects but drastically let down my management not understanding the customer requirements, then trying to do things on the cheap by refactoring existing software. This ends up wasting more time/money and the talent of the staff trying to sort projects out, this in turn leaves the company losing money year after year. Even after having lessons learned retrospectives projects do not improve. After trimming down the company, the company over the next two years constantly took on new staff on monthly intakes, with quite a high proportion ending on the bench because the company did not win the expected business. Then after being reassured there would be no more restructuring there was an enouncement of a second restructure/redundancies. On that very day there were 20 + new starters sitting in the Atrium!!!!!! They have now scrapped the software test practice leaving the company directionless on ensuring the products meet the project requirements and high quality the customers expect. We were told that unless you could find a project to work on with at least 1-year funding, you were redundant, this has in effect turned all of the full time staff into contractors. My multi skilled flexibility to move between hardware and software was rewarded (Stabbed in the back) with redundancy - the company works on its own one-way flexibility policy. They’ve now just closed another building SRP3 after having to twice restructure the company, that is left being financially supported by BAE Systems Group, no one in the company can understand why Julian Cracknell has been left in charge of the business. It’s a very great shame the way its managed, so if you want to work somewhere that is contracting, losing money, with redundancies every 2 years, with a Senior Management and HR team that are not bothered about the staff (just treated as a number) this is the place for you….

5 people found this review helpful