BAE Systems USA Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 15 Jun 2020

3.7
BAE Systems USA President and CEO Tom Arseneault
Tom Arseneault
Pros
Cons
  • "Bad upper management on the East Coast(in 68 reviews)

• "Large company can be very difficult to navigate unless you have the right sponsorship(in 43 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Uncertain times with impending redundancies at the moment."

2.0
     in Farnham, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

- Good work life balance with social events aplenty, along with good camaraderie amongst work colleagues. - Good benefits package, although remuneration could be better.

Cons

- Uncertain times with impending redundancies at the moment in particular for experienced hires. - Many colleagues are respectfully "old timers", although this is being addressed. - Work can be dull at times.

Continue reading
  2. "Overall great experience"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros

- I got the maximum amount of pay starting out at my position even though I was heavily under-qualified so I can say that the money was good. - Nice work/life balance. Rarely had to answer calls outside the standard 40/hr work week. - Always got paid and the management was very helpful and friendly. - Can't speak for all areas but since I was IT I worked in a closed area. Being isolated is good because privacy is something you value highly when people come knocking all the time. - Great place to acquire skill sets and the skills necessary to be reliable at that position.

Cons

- Was originally contracted so I didn't have any benefits until the contract ended. wasn't a big deal for me but for others this might be an issue. - The starting pay is great, better than I ever thought I would get coming out of college, but there is no upward mobility in the company. You would have to go get certifications and new knowledge to change to either management or going into an admin role to see an increase of money. This is more a result of how the field service role goes than anything else but I suppose it'd matter for people who would be expecting significant increases. - The yearly evaluations that determine your increase are certainly rigged unless they fear you are quitting. - There can be office drama. Generally speaking, everyone I work with are good people but its inevitable that you'll come across people who are looking for trouble. This is extremely rare but you definitely remember those more than anything else.

3. "Good company to work for!"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance and benefits

Cons

there are not too many career opportunities.

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Imagery Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and work-life balance

Cons

not a lot of positions in the area for lateral movement

Continue reading
  5. "Overall Good Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

9/80 work schedule and good work/life balance. Good management overall.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company.

"Great Project Management/Technical opportunities - limited functional options"

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Large company so there is room to move around if you are proactive In general there is good work/life-balance without a lot of pressure to build the business - unless you are in business development Wide differences among business units so you can have a variety of experiences within one company.

Cons

Large company can be very difficult to navigate unless you have the right sponsorship Functional offices are often understaffed/over-worked.

Continue reading
  7. "Out of touch with employee and contracts"

Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Hudson, NH

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is good. I believe they really let you figure it out and get the job done. High pay and 401k is good. This is a good place for fresh college grads or entry level into defense contracts.

Cons

Work load and task codes. They are all about the dollar. Not the projects. If anyone has worked for the top company’s. Lockheed or Northrop. You’ll know that the project is more important than the task code. Hence EWW. NO EWW with BAE hence high pay. I was told that if I’m waiting for a email for a review of a document that I should not charge to that program. If you have experience with defense contracts. Stay away. The have very few prime contracts. Meaning they are NOT holding the contact.

Continue reading
  8. "Engineering Technologist 2"

Current Employee - Engineering Technologist

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Military Friendly, Competitive pay, Good work/life balance

Cons

Not a lot of promotion potential

9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Radford, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, not many time constraints, family work culture

Cons

Low salary, broad job duties

10. "Great place to work at"

Former Intern - Electrical Engineering Intern

I worked at BAE Systems USA for less than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance. Nice and knowledgeable people to work with. Interesting projects to work on and flexibility on what to work on.

Cons

Lots of paperwork. Difficult to navigate how some things are meant to be done at first but can quickly pick it up.

Found 113 reviews