BCD Travel Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Dec 29, 2020

Found 51 of over 777 reviews

4.0
BCD Travel President and CEO John Snyder
John Snyder
Pros
  • "Work from home - virtual opportunities(in 51 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance, Very generous time off package(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be challenging for leaders(in 13 reviews)

• "Low pay, not excellent management(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about BCD Travel

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Wonderful Company Until the Bottom Falls Out

Dec 29, 2020 - VIP Corporate Travel Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay if you have the required skills, legitimate work-from-home opportunities

Cons

They pretend to care about the employees until the bottom falls out, then it's all about preserving the corporate image. COVID devastated the travel industry, but BCD used a lot of deceit hidden in "feel good" PR campaigns to bolster employee morale. In the end, no one cared about the employees. I would never work for them again!

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee

BCD Travel - a great company to work for!

Nov 29, 2020 - Call Center Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home - virtual opportunities

Cons

none that i can think of

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

COVID-19 Ravaged Amazing Company

Nov 10, 2020 - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home Multicultural environment Great programs and client relationships

Cons

Senior leadership top heavy Low pay for filed staff

4. 4.0

Good Travel Management Company

Oct 30, 2020 - Receptionist in Alabaster, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits, nice people, work from home

Cons

Could be less tech minded and more people minded.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great work culture and work/life balance

Oct 22, 2020 - Corporate Travel Consultant in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very well organized with their accounts for the most part, and my management team was great. I had the privilege of working with the Siemens account, which are very pleasant clients to work with. Pay is above average, training was provided with a very thorough introduction to the travel industry. My account managers, senior staff and leads took it from there and were always extremely helpful and patient, as there was a lot to learn, especially with the GDS software Sabre. We had two weeks PTO, an additional week of sick time, and we could take another week off by "purchasing" it ahead of time. Work life balance was good and there are work from home opportunities for those who have been at one account for a year. (things might have changed with COVID-19 in that regard though) Asking for time off was automated with a system and easy to do. Even when the company was forced to furlough and eventually let people go they covered our health insurance as long as possible. I ended up taking severance. I wish I still worked there. Maybe I will be back one day..

Cons

Call monitoring standards were very high. Benefits are ok but not amazing. The health care benefits could be better. Occasional upset or unreasonable customer could make things difficult. Not a "recession proof" job as now I am out of work. Travel industry is doing very poorly at the time of writing this.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company to work for

Sep 27, 2020 - Corporate Travel Consultant in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Loved my job. One of the best Companies to work for.

Cons

Nothing significant enough to complain about.

7. 5.0

Amazing people!

Aug 10, 2020 - Global Program Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home flexibility with a lot of trust given by management Most SLTs are pretty good and know their stuff Amazing colleagues

Cons

Depending on client can amount to long hours

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good company with a great culture

May 6, 2020 - Training Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, work from home, great culture, wonderful people, interesting work, great industry, great perks

Cons

Lower than average salary, expensive health benefits, older technology, not very innovative

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company!

Mar 31, 2020 - Devops Engineer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

100% Virtual, Can work from home or in office. It's a blessing to work from home. I don't understand why more companies don't adopt this model. It appears COVID-19 is forcing this to happen.

Cons

Due to the diverse culture and the many people they work with around the world, communication between the teams is not the best because of the cultures that that boss/manager comes from.He/she processes information in a different way based on the culture and maybe have a different way of doing things and that sometimes is a barrier to agreeing up things and understanding the purpose of a particular action. So we tend to have a lot of teams doing their own thing. It sometimes feels like this team against this team etc. Also, we take on to many projects without proper staffing and expect it to be done with a few folks.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disorganized from the top down

Apr 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to work from home and free parking at the airport

Cons

slow to adopt technology, lack of communication between colleagues, company-wide disorganization, toxic work culture, expensive and subpar health insurance benefits, salaries below market.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews