BJSS Reviews

Updated 5 May 2021

4.0
BJSS Managing Director Stuart Bullock (no image)
Stuart Bullock
Pros
  • "I've worked on incredibly interesting projects with some of the most intelligent and caring people I've ever worked with(in 11 reviews)

• "Relatively flat management structure at the time, which made for laid-back internal culture(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Defeats the appeal of a consultancy(in 17 reviews)

• "Once you join you will be shipped off to client site if there is a project for you otherwise you will end up on the bench(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "I have enjoyed working here since I joined in January"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at BJSS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Onboarded remotely in Jan due to Covid. Well organised. Loads of support available. Everyone I have met has been helpful and friendly. Very talented too.

Cons

Havent heard any bad experience

2. COVID-19

"Best place I have ever worked at"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at BJSS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Note that I started working for BJSS during Covid lockdown. Apart from my interview, I've never been in to the BJSS office. -Some very talented developers here for support. -Friendly people. -Supportive line manager -Choice of a Mac or Windows laptop. -Some good, well known companies that they send us to on contracts. I work for a company that is not well known, but am really enjoying it there. -Good support during lockdown. i.e. Every day, there is a zoom meeting you can attend if you want to, just for people to chat. Occasional zoom events happen too. -Gifts. About 3/4 times in the past 6 months, I've received gifts in the post. One was a hamper with a note that read "Thanks for your hard work during lockdown". Another hamper at Xmas. A gifts with various teas in it. I think this was a really nice touch, and I think it shows that they care about their employees. -You can get AWS certified and they will pay, if you pass the exam. - IT will post equipment out to you if needed.

Cons

Whilst I now like the placement I'm on, I had mixed feelings about the company my first placement was with (but, as a positive, I felt like my line manager listened when I spoke about the negative points, and he offered good advice).

Continue reading

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Bristol, England, England

I have been working at BJSS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Interesting and varied projects in a variety of sectors * Technically strong colleagues * Great office atmosphere * The management team really does care about the wellbeing of the staff * High salaries, great benefits and a payrise every year

Cons

* Fully remote working not allowed (although this makes sense since it's a consultancy)

4. "Excellent and Enjoyable"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Nottingham, England, England

I have been working at BJSS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technically excellent, cutting edge work and great people to work alongside.

Cons

No downsides to speak of

5. "The People Make It"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager

I have been working at BJSS full-time

Pros

+ Smart and dedicated colleagues + Interesting work + Great collaborative culture

Cons

- Growing pains due to recent expansion

6. "The best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Bristol, England, England

I have been working at BJSS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Great staff-focussed atmosphere • Welcoming, safe and friendly environment • Interesting work • Tech talks • Social events • Growth-based career coaching • Good salaries • Relatively flat hierarchy

Cons

Occasionally travel may be required, though expense allotments are generous

Continue reading
  7. "BJSS is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in London, England, England

I worked at BJSS full-time for more than a year

Pros

While not on any projects they support your education endeavours and pay for your certificates, if they are beneficial to your current position.

Cons

Chances you will find awful projects and it is kind of hard to get away from them. It's all the luck of the draw.

8. "Experts in their field"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive

I have been working at BJSS full-time

Pros

They care about their people They know what they're doing and why they do it They understand the importance of rewarding their people

Cons

The company is growing so quickly it's hard to keep up

9. "It's good but I'm not sure I'm at my best here"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Leeds, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BJSS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, different types of work environments are available, generous spending on events and some employee benefits are available. The environment seems stable and relaxed. Enough autonomy to try and promote new ideas to a limited extent.

Cons

Large organisation acting like a small organisation which brings problems and growing pains. Some denial of social problems, particularly around senior staff who are treated like rockstar developers. So far no evident upward mobility. Not all projects operate smoothly and some involve supporting very outdated technology which is not good for career progression. A "putting in extra hours for free" culture.

10. "Varied and Interesting"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at BJSS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great projects and very supportive of there consultants

Cons

Some projects don't go es expected but management are fully supportive of there staff.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 169 Reviews