BMI Healthcare Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 15 Dec 2020

3.1
BMI Healthcare Chief Executive Officer  Karen Prins
Karen Prins
Pros
  • "Friendly staff, made to feel welcome(in 9 reviews)

• "I genuinely cannot think of any about the job or company but there are other poor souls who also work there that are great people(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hey BMI, I have photos if you're interested(in 10 reviews)

• "Poor support from senior management at a regional and national level(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Think twice before you join this company!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Executive Director in London, England

I worked at BMI Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic peer group with a great sharing of knowledge Some super support staff in Head Office

Cons

Lack of capital investment Poor support from senior management at a regional and national level Bullying and threatening behaviour shown Poor payers - slaries need to be improved Lack of proper direction at a corporate level

Continue reading
  2. "Ok company to work for"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Outpatients Administrator in Enfield, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BMI Healthcare

Pros

Easy job, nice colleagues and patients, consultants would occasionally see you for free

Cons

Blame culture, very low pay, senior management very cliquey

"Present environment"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BMI Healthcare full-time

Pros

Private healthcare and good pay

Cons

Restrictions from senior management on improving patient care, management number and money orientated

Continue reading

"Incompetent Management who are not PASSIONATE ABOUT staff CARE."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at BMI Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There as some good people who don't deserve the grief they get working here.

Cons

This hospital is doing well to still be open. The senior management team do little to assist any staff under them if it doesn't help themselves in any way. If there was a reward scheme for smoking or wasting time online then they require big bonuses! Safe to say when projects start they go full speed at their staff for a day and then the next day get their tunnel vision focused on something else. This means confusing messages to staff and no morale when being constantly criticised. They spend all day pretending to like each other and then talk about each other behind their backs to the less senior staff. This means none of the staff that I know trust any of them because they show a complete lack of trust and respect even to each other let alone the staff they are in charge of. The wrong staff have been promoted into senior positions and are just blagging their way through while passing all their work off on to everyone else. The amount of staff that are leaving now is unreal. All of BMIs policies and procedures are designed to give their staff the very minimum in way of returns. Many staff are on Minimum wage even though they work far harder than some co ordinators/ managers. The Maternity, Sick pay and holidays are all the minimum allowed by UK law. For a company that is meant to be passionate about care it is amazing how little they care about their own staff. Staff are expected to work extra hours at minimum notice and only receive time back and not overtime, the holidays are granted by managers who make up their own rules on when you can take them. Basically if it makes their lives a tiny bit difficult they will be rejected. Overall this hospital has no respect or care for most of it's staff but the senior management team live in a bubble believing all is fine and relaying this to the executive director to make him believe life is good. I will end by mentioning a bit of advice given to a dept by one of the 2 directors in charge just now. This person said you need to do 2 things. Give away no knowledge and accept no responsibility.

"Paid the bills"

Call Centre Advisor in Hillington, Scotland

I have been working at BMI Healthcare for more than 5 years

Pros

In my work area my workmates were, for the most part, friendly, helpful and supportive and the boss in charge of my area was an amazing lady. Very caring and interested in all of her staff.

Cons

No let up in workload so very high pressured. Constant changes to procedures. To much pandering to secretaries and consultants whims on ridiculous points. Ever shifting bonus structures. Increasingly regimented call structure was taking away from positive human interaction with patients. Call monitoring was becoming increasingly judged on if you got the right data and opened and closed the call with exactly the right phrases than in if you met the patient's needs. Little chance for career progression. Little inter departmental cooperation. There is an 'its not my problem' attitude in some hospital staff that is detrimental to patients. While my manager was great overall senior management seemed purely money driven, constantly cost cutting. I don't think Stephen Collier is still CEO.

Continue reading
  6. "Bank stores clerk, bank medical records clerk"

Former Freelancer - Support Worker Bank in Lancaster, England

I worked at BMI Healthcare for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely hardworking staff. There is nothing else good about them I just wrote this part to fill in the minimum requirement. I would give them no stars for overall rating if at all possible.

Cons

Never officially finished with them, was unavailable for work for 3 months following an operation. I called them to say I was available for work again (knowing that they had advertised for bank admin staff) left a message on the answering machine as no one ever answers the phone, to date no one has called back. The company is run purely for profit which is paid to shareholders and senior management. Patients and staff are considered an inconvenience.

"Bmi Fun but risky"

Current Employee - STaff Registered Nurse

I have been working at BMI Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours New equipment Opportunity to study

Cons

Pressure from senior management Blame culture

"A ship sailing on an ocean of uncertainty with 25 captains, and 22 of them can't(didn't to bother to learn) swim."

I worked at BMI Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Their are some great managers at BMI. The problem is its like playing where wally because there's that many of them. Thankfully I was there long enough to experience a lot of different managers , both directly that i reported to and as an observation. These range from the hard working , always on time , supportive figures who simply want to do the jop they are paid for , to the ones that "work" at home instead of taking sufficient child care , turn up when they want, do very little work and when they do turn up they park in the car park that nobody else is allowed to , but do as I say , not as I do, right? The current CEO Seems very good, She seems to have a plan in mind and has implemented a corporate SL team that is made up of people that care and have passion for the company , its refreshing to see. The current ED at my particular site is a credit to the business , the best they have ever had in my time there and invests in the staff that make they process's work. Its not an unfair company to work for, I didn't feel they were unreasonable. There is an element of satisfaction of a job well done, but again, this realisation comes from a very specific bread of managers as some will just take the credit for themselves.

Cons

BMI healthcare suffers from what can simply be described as small town mentality. By this, I mean that it suffers from an identity crisis. Working in one of the 60 hospitals you're now and again reminded , whether it be an email or on the news that you work for the largest private healthcare company in the country. The company is run at site level with head office and other sub divisions cropping up now and again, unfortunately when they do crop up its usually with bad news. Communication within the hospitals is as good as it should be, communication within BMI lacks any form of corporate standard. This then leads to a scenario where they leave the hospitals to fend for themselves until said hospitals are showing red in some useless report in which case they decide its then time to intervene, the cure is before the prevention , which coincidentally is the main revenue stream of private health care. When I first started my co-worker said to me " the problem with this place is there is more chiefs making the brew" Though she managed to get two similar metaphors mixed up , not a truer word was spoken. Everybody wants to be in charge, The hospital manager wants to be in charge, the finance managers want to be in charge, the senior manage team pretend to be in charge, the receptionist managers want to be in charge, the result? Nobody has a clue about the operational functions of the hospital and instead of having managers with fundamental experience and understand of process's they just pick up the phone and speak to person whos been there the longest, which ironically has never claimed to be in charge. While this all goes on , they have pretenders sitting on the thrones at head office / shared service offices who decide one day they are going to tell 150 staff to operate differently because she has misread a report that has no meaning or point, simply put they do not listen to the people who do the job they dictate. To put it into perspective, the pretender couldn't be bothered to thank their staff for a combined 36 years of experience when making them redundant. Clueless about the job, clueless about people; a staple for senior management in BMI Draconian process's still linger in the halls of the hospitals, because of the aforementioned

Viewing 1 - 7 of 8 English Reviews