Found 10,397 of over 12K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work life balance so you can manage your professional and personal life together very good" (in 919 reviews)
- "People were great and i enjoyed that no one had any egos when it came to assignments at hand." (in 708 reviews)
- "Provides good benefits and very flexible when it comes to handling personal matters outside of work." (in 642 reviews)
- "Culture is good and diversity" (in 255 reviews)
- "Good work culture and Values" (in 221 reviews)
- "Low pay and top to bottom mentality" (in 526 reviews)
- "Management (for the most part) has poor communication and does not know how to manage without micromanaging." (in 498 reviews)
- "salaries can be low and untransparent." (in 357 reviews)
- "Top level managers have no clue what is going on in the day to day running" (in 238 reviews)
- "Force ranking and frequent layoffs." (in 162 reviews)
- 4.06 Dec 2023Senior AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Good pension - Good management - Good work/life balance for banking (depending on position)
- Low pay for banking - Slow systems - Lots of manual processes
- 4.05 Dec 2023Treasury ClerkCurrent Employee
With BNY you can evolve your career as there are always opportunities for growth. Lovely atmosphere and supportive people.
One of the cons is the pay , as it’s lower compared to other companies in the industry
- 3.03 Dec 2023Corporate Actions AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearManchester City Centre, England
good location to work at
HR team is not co-operative and slow + poor senior management
- 4.027 Nov 2023Senior RepresentativeFormer EmployeeManchester City Centre, England
Lot's of opportunities to move around within the company.
Executive level roles are only based in the US
- 1.029 Nov 2023Senior Analyst Corporate ActionsFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsManchester City Centre, England
Honestly cannot think of any pros aside from relatively secure employment
Poor work/life balance Remuneration doesn't match expected workloads Unpaid overtime is expected on a near daily basis
- 4.017 Nov 2023Head of Fund financeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Good support network and social scene, enjoyed the ESG side and doing my volunteer days for the community.
IT systems were a bit antiquated.
- 4.026 Sept 2023Senior RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearManchester City Centre, England
My team is great, work is not stressful, rarely need to do overtime, work life balance is good. In the city centre so easily reachable by public transport. Grateful for the experience I've gotten here.
Mandating 3 days a week in the office is excessive. Difficult to progress more than 1 grade at a time. Only get raises/ bonuses once a year and not in line with inflation. Lot of bureaucracy due to company being so big. Company is not good at retaining top talent.
BNY Mellon Reviews FAQs
BNY Mellon has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 11,607 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at BNY Mellon to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
66% of BNY Mellon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BNY Mellon 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.