BReD Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2021

Found 6 of over 7 reviews

4.9

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly, Inclusive, Fair, and Pays Well

Jun 1, 2021 - Dishwasher in Whistler, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays extremely well, Base pay is around minimum wage but with tips included you make great money Hours are great, being able to have evenings off. Felt included from day 1, and expectations were clearly communicated and assisted day to day. Management/Owners work each open day, and are great to work with. Fully Vegan/Plant Based, environmental values are great.

Cons

Can't think of a reason to not work here.

CEO

Thank you for the this feedback. We work hard to create a welcoming and friendly culture for all our employees to enjoy. We believe that having a great experience at work helps give a good balance to our employee’s home life and for the people around them. It is wonderful to hear that we were inclusive, as that is something we strive for.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Barista in Whistler, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have learnt a lot from working with Ed and Natasha, they are extremely hard working and are committed to providing the best products and service. They are making delicious vegan food accessible for everyone and they support other sustainable local, businesses. It's a great community. Getting to know regular customers was also a highlight of this job! They offer awesome work perks and are creative with staff events!

Cons

I personally wouldn't see this as a con but the standards at BReD are very high and they expect hard work in return for some great perks to the job. If you are committed to supporting a small vegan business and showing up for your team then you will enjoy working to high standards and supporting them.

CEO

Thank you for your positive review of our high standards. It is important that our staff share our mission, vision and values of making vegan food accessible to everyone. When we’re all on the same page, the work is very rewarding and morale is high. We hope to attract more conscious and ethically-minded talent like you.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Come join the family !

May 6, 2021 - Cashier/Barista
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at BReD is like being part of a family. It is a small team leaded by welcoming and open minded owners. In addition to being sustainable and 100% plant based, they value the importance of taking care of their employees. They are very generous with their time and products towards the staff and the community.

Cons

It is currently their only location so there is no possibility to climb up the ladder at the moment.

CEO

Response: Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We have been striving for many years to create a welcoming and friendly culture for all our employees to enjoy. We believe that having a great experience at work helps give a good balance to our employee’s home life and for the people around them. Giving back is at the core of our business and we welcome any ideas from our team to enable us to do more.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dishwasher

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work for and with. Awesome food and staff treats. Great employee benefits. Super flexible employers

Cons

No issues at all, had an awesome time working here.

CEO

Thank you for your review. We value each employee and believe their role is key to the success of our business. We are so pleased to receive this feedback about our benefits as we want to attract and reward the best.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Apr 29, 2021 - Assistant Baker in Whistler, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ed & Tash are really good to work for. Not only are they passionate about the business & promoting a vegan lifestyle, they really take care of their employees. Being a small team it's like a second family. Great on the job perks like a fresh loaf of bread or a delicious baked good everyday & all the cups coffee one needs. Very generous health benefits are included for staff & a ski pass too! I've learnt so much from Ed, he's a baking / cooking wizard & full of knowledge.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We’ve been lucky to have found really inspiring people to work for us, which makes our job so much easier. Working with likeminded people and knowing we are making a difference to the community, animals and the planet every day, just gives us more drive to keep going. We want every employee to feel welcome and at home in their work space and we strive to achieve that for them every day.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great team, great product

Apr 18, 2021 - Customer Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and cooperative environment, easy to sell (and eat) product.

Cons

Not many perks for part time staff, pay is a little low for the living costs of the area

CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to provide an environment where our employees have a voice. Where their working day is as enjoyable with us as it is when they leave to go to home. We offer a large range of benefits for our employees and we are constantly reviewing our salaries and benefits, so that we can attract as well as retain our best people.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews