Bain & Company Employee Reviews about "professional development"

Updated 16 Jan 2021

4.6
Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Partner Manny Maceda
Manny Maceda
1,039 Ratings
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "professional development"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The best place to work!"

Current Employee - Professional Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

Huge focus on people and professional development

Cons

Hard work, but very rewarding

2. "Great"

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

Great professional development opportunities and support

Cons

The hours are too brutal

3. "A solid company- you'll learn a lot, you'll give a lot"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing amount of learning, super smart people, strong professional development opportunities. No one signs up for consulting thinking it's going to be a walk in the park. You will work damn hard. The variety that comes with projects means some are stellar and some are rough. But you will learn an incredible amount. And Bain's culture is a mile ahead of any other consulting firms- they put a lot of effort into finding and retaining great people. Can honestly say I never disliked anyone at my time at Bain and that's incredible. Was proud to see Bain take some big steps to confront racial inequality. I hope they've followed through with some of the promises made in June.

Cons

Hours, burnout, inconsistency in HR/management. The hours can be really tough long term, which is why most people leave. The best at Bain find their niche and how to balance life and work. Management can depend based on project but overall the company puts a lot of work into developjng managers.

Continue reading

"The best place in the world to start a career"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The firm's culture is one of constant learning - feedback sessions on my professional development occur 4-6 times a month with people of all tenures. From a compensation and benefits point of view, we are treated the best in the industry.

Cons

Longer hours than one would aspire for!

5. "Brilliant place to work!"

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

You get to work on the most challenging, high-impact projects with the biggest and best companies in the world. The culture is amazing - I don't think any other high-performance company manages to balance your professional development, freedom to try new things and the supportive, 'family', environment that exists. Bain is truly unique in that regard.

Cons

The hours can be long, and that is the sacrifice you need to be willing to make.

6. "Best starting place for a crash course in business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at Bain & Company straight out of uni, and found it the best place to kickstart my career in business. Some of the key pros of working at Bain: -Impactful work: at the end of the day, I could see how our work was making a difference for our clients and wider community. Our advice was informing clients' decision making and led to multiple changes in their organisations. Some projects were truly global in scale and personally it was great to see how they are set up and managed. -Internal culture: Bain internal culture is built around learning and mentoring. We have an extensive internal support system which addresses professional development needs throughout the time at Bain. Despite busy periods, everyone is friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. -Career kickstart: overall, experience and skills developed at Bain make it a great place to start a career in business. Global brand recognition also helps when looking for your next opportunity.

Cons

-Hours: at times it does get busy and work/life balance suffers, however, management team is always aware of it and tries to make up for it between projects. I still think it's better than in other comparable jobs (consulting/banking), based on what I heard from my friends.

Continue reading
  7. "Highly rewarding and great for career progression"

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people who really care about both their colleagues and solving client problems. It is refreshing how team-oriented people are. Excellent professional development opportuniities. Very motivating environment.

Cons

Hours can be long, although compensated for by recognition from managers / partners and rewarding work. Although you can influence which project/s you get to work on, you don't have full control - it is driven by business needs.

Continue reading
  8. "Amazing professional development and great people"

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The dedication at Bain to professional development is truly unique. On every case there is a focus that one part of the job is to deliver results for the client whilst the other part is about developing the team. The culture is fantastic and is organic bottom up rather than some corporate enforced fun.

Cons

None beyond what you'd expect working in a top tier consulting firm.

Bain & Company Response

November 9, 2017Director, Global Consultant Talent Management

Thank you for highlighting our supportive culture in your review. Our aspiration is that our employees thrive in their career - both personally and professionally. As you note, individuals interests and needs may change over time. We believe it's very important be supportive at every step in our employees' career journeys.

9. "Great place to learn with amazing people"

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Working with biggest corporate clients -Culture and values -People: amazing colleagues -Opportunities for learning and professional development -Fun

Cons

-Hours can be tough and unpredictable -Not all work leads to change

10. "Incredible company!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Buenos Aires

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

Outstanding projects in excellent teams, super fast professional development, very familiar and fun culture

Cons

Long hours, travel a lot

Viewing 1 - 10 of 216 English Reviews