Bakkavor Reviews

Found 274 of over 295 reviews

3.4
Bakkavor CEO Ágúst Gudmundsson
Ágúst Gudmundsson
Pros
  • "always a busy time with good pay even on overtime(in 10 reviews)

• "good staff good benefits good systems(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, busy depending on department(in 19 reviews)

• "Cold environment as Bakkavor is fresh foods manufacturer is a downside of working there(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Genuinely Fantastic Company

Jan 25, 2022 - Applications Support Engineer in Spalding, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Regular opportunities for progression. - Supportive Management - 99.9999% Polite colleagues from all over the world. - Fair rates of pay which CAN be negotiated.

Cons

Only a personal one that I genuinely miss the role and business.

Bakkavor Response

Hi there. Thank you for leaving us a review about your experience working at our Spalding site. We're delighted to see that you recommend Bakkavor as a great place to work. Your feedback is really appreciated.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

good

Aug 3, 2022 - Production Operative
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits and lovely people okay

Cons

care about employees very good

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great business

Aug 12, 2022 - Commercial Account Manager in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of locations to choose to work at

Cons

Food industry is fast paced

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not ready

Aug 16, 2022 - Finance Manager in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits packages great as is staff shop. Lovely people

Cons

No progression available unless you worked through the graduate training scheme. Excellent sales pitch in interview that was not delivered once in post

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Employee

Jul 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good job and people were friendly

Cons

no bad things at all

Bakkavor Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at Bakkavor.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Bad environment

Aug 8, 2022 - Assembly Line Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to meet some decent people if you are lucky and form tight knit friendships.

Cons

The company doesn’t seem to care about it’s employees and you are just a number to them. In the factory everything is rushed. They want quality and quantity but can’t have both. They only make an effort for visits and some line leaders and managers talk in their own language and talk to people like dirt when under pressure. People have to wait ages to go to the toilet and some agency are made to wait for tea breaks. Upper management act oblivious to the ongoing issues on the factory floor.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Place of work

Jul 21, 2022 - Line Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime available, i get paid always on time, pretty good communication with the managers

Cons

Some workers could show more respect towards eachother

Bakkavor Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to see that you recommend Bakkavor as a great place to work. We really appreciate the honest feedback.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not bad as for food manufacturer

Jul 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Newark on Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are relatively ok of you take into account this is a food manufacturer so you don't any skills to get the job here

Cons

Usual manufactory problems but not as bad as my previous employers

Bakkavor Response

Thank you for leaving us a review about your experience working at our Newark site. We're delighted to see that you recommend Bakkavor as a great place to work. Your feedback is really appreciated.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Team work

Jul 10, 2022 - Food Production Operative in Newark on Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work spirit and coverage of any team weak link.

Cons

Improvement in use of language to improve diversity and inclusion

Bakkavor Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience working at Bakkavor. We also want working at Bakkavor to be a positive experience for everyone, so we're delighted to hear about the team spirit at Newark. One of our core values is respect and trust for each other, which your team clearly stands by. At Bakkavor, we require all colleagues to have a basic understanding of English. We’re proud to have thousands of colleagues from hundreds of countries working together. However, Bakkavor is committed to being a diverse, inclusive, supportive workplace for everyone, so we thank you for your feedback. It will help us develop and improve our colleague experience.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good experience

Jul 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Department team relationships Staff Shop Flexibility to work from home

Cons

Archaic structure Inability to do job with new system

Bakkavor Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us make changes to improve our colleagues' experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 274 Reviews

Bakkavor Reviews FAQs

Bakkavor has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 295 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Bakkavor to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bakkavor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bakkavor. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

58% of Bakkavor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bakkavor 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bakkavor to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be work life balance, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Bakkavor Job Seekers