Bank of the Ozarks Reviews

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bank of the Ozarks Chairman and CEO George G. Gleason
George G. Gleason

1. "Commercial Loan Service Specialist (Real Estate Specialities Group)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time

Pros

The END of the workday......anytime during working hours was HORRIBLE for the duration of my employment and a SELECT few!!

Cons

If you're up to brown-nosing or kissing someone's REAR all day .....everyday, this is the job for you (if not, STEER Clear)!! Dead-end job going absolutely nowhere FAST!! Working conditions Unorganized and still NOT compatible with today's market. Hopefully sometime in the near future, they'll upgrade to using a REAL MAINFRAME, possibly even applications!!!!

Advice to Management

Just because someone GIVES you a TITLE doesn't necessarily mean you EARNED it!! No one should have to deal with DRAMA daily in the workplace!

"Bank of the Ozarks"

Former Employee - Loan Department in Ozark, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Loan Department in Ozark, AR (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Occasionally co-workers. Dental/vision benefits are OK.

Cons

Everything that could be wrong with a company is pretty much wrong with this one. The only thing that matters is the higher-ups. As an Operations employee, you're not even allowed to email some of the officers (as directed by management) because they could care less about your opinion, even if your opinion is part of your job. You're looking at ~$12/hr (I made $11) with an insane workload, and little to no opportunities for raises, while the management staff sits at a very nice, comfortable pay. This bank would rather spend over a billion every year acquiring more banks to make more money for the suits in corporate and not give an extra dime to their employees at Christmas time. What a joke! Your co-workers will backstab you and talk about you behind your back (management doesn't care). Your superiors will write you up if you miss a day without the sick-time to back that up (1.85 hours every 2 weeks - WOW!). You see many overtime hours due to the overwhelming amount of work. And like I said in the beginning, they still pay close to minimum wage. I could write a 10 page essay about all of the things wrong with this place. Stay away from them. It is a joke of a company that tries to call itself the #1 bank in America.

Advice to Management

As far as the loan department goes - everyone needs to be treated equally. The fact that those officers can't be talked to like they're some gods is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. They wouldn't think they're so majestic if the rest of your employees could receive a portion of what they earn.

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers are great. Easy job. Benefits aren't great but could be worse. Typical benefits given, vacation, sick time, STD and LTD.

Cons

Local management is horrible. Only out for themselves. Nepotism is horrible and chain of command can't be bothered with the issues. Very similar to high school with gossiping and whispering about coworkers. The bank is trying to grow entirely to fast without fixing the current issues before buying more banks.

Advice to Management

Listening to your employees would be great. Not management. Your employees that actually do the work. Do something about reprimanding poor managers instead of turning a blind eye and letting them continue to do as they please.

5. "CSR Teller"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Teller in Frisco, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Teller in Frisco, TX (US)

Pros

Not the average sells environment, good hours M-F no weekends. overall friendly coworkers.

Cons

Micromangement at its best. no room for growth

6. "Low pay, high workload"

Former Employee - Balancing Assistant in Ozark, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Balancing Assistant in Ozark, AR (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your fellow co-workers are normally a joy to work with, and work is normally pretty easy.

Cons

Low pay, high workload, growing at too fast of a pace.

Advice to Management

Better training for employees, grow at a more manageable pace.

"Fast growing Company"

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, growing steadily and team spirit

Cons

Poor compensation unless you're upper management.

Advice to Management

Take care of the support staff, (tellers, managers, admin. assistants, etc.). They're the ones carrying the company and fulfilling your dreams. Help them, help you. Better, more competitive pay and insurance benefits.

8. "csr"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks full-time

Pros

Great environment and people.

Cons

Slow to promote. They like to hire from outside of the company

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WK"

Former Employee - Branch Manager/Officer in Lewisville, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager/Officer in Lewisville, TX (US)

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None, cant find anthing good with this experience ruined my life made me doubt myself and hate myself for allowing it to continue.

Cons

Bank president was allowed to yell and bully you. Blamed any changes or decisions that caused the employees to not like something on me. Would lied to cover his back side. We were not allowed to speak to HR about anything that was happening in Dallas. In a training seminar we were told that we could speak to consultants if there were issues to try to get anonymous assistance. They went straight to the head of training, she went right bk to President and the abuse got worst. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING HERE. T he president only got his job since he knew the CEO personally didn't have a clue what he was doing. They finally pulled him bk to Arkansas, only after he ruined my life!!!

Advice to Management

THEY ARE CLUELESS AND REALLY DON'T CARE.

"mgr"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO (US)

Pros

money not very good or bad

Cons

time offis never allowed at all

Advice to Management

quit

"Vice President - Leasing"

Former Employee - Vice President - Leasing in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President - Leasing in Little Rock, AR (US)

Pros

Acquire new customers, turn non-active customers into producing customers, building a strong client base

Cons

No set territory so you always had to check your leads with the "keeper of the customer list". It had no confidential information which should have been easily accessible to check your leads so you did not call on existing customers as prospects. Another disadvantage was the keeper of the list did not always know how to look up customers correctly.

Advice to Management

You need to empower your employees so they can do their piece of the overall puzzles with less hinderence. Also, everything seemed secrectivewhich led people to lie and set other people up to take the fall and be fired when a second chance was the proper thing to do especially when I am a loyal and trustworthy person to my employer.

RSS Feed </> Embed