Barclays London Reviews

1. 5.0

Good compensation, sub-par development

17 Jun 2021 - Cybercrime analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had loads of good experiences with Barclays, with internal events etc

Cons

Opportunities for paid courses/training are few and far between

2. 3.0
    Former Contractor

Great while it lasted

5 May 2021 - Unemployed in Shoal Creek, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazing people focused company genuinely caring about the well-being of its employees.

Cons

As a contractor you are a second class citizen, despite the collective balking about working as a unit. You do not have access to the same support as a permanent employee, which is fine as long as you don’t know all the perks they get. Unfortunately during mixed groups hearing about all the great things on offer you then get told, this apples to perm only. So you do feel quite isolated from members of the team. Also as an outsider applying, they use a bizarre series of Mensa level tests as a way to determine whether you’re suitable for the role. You don’t speak to anyone, you don’t get to ask any questions, it’s just a case of ‘computer data no/computer says yes’. This is great if you wish to fill a business with people who all think the same way, but successful businesses are proven to be built on inclusion & diversity. These sorts of tests would best be served as a next stage after a face to face interview, that way you already have a feel furctgf person & can make a rational decision based on all the information presented. Otherwise you risk getting people who can do thx job asked, but that doesn’t mean that they’ll do it well or excel and grow.

Marketing and Attraction

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a more positive experience with us. Your feedback is valuable as we continue to seek opportunities in ways in which we can support our colleagues in their life and work. Thank you again for your feedback and best of luck in your future endeavours.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Train your managers

24 May 2021 - Personal Banker in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good employee benefits at Barclays.

Cons

Hr is a joke and aids in anxiety. They are not there to help you they are there for the bank and solely the bank. Your complaints about bullying culture in Barclays is ignored. They in fact encourage bullying because once you report a manager for bullying and unfair treatment, they make you tell this manager and this manager then moves you to another branch. The issue does not get dealt. Managers who have had grievances against them by an entire branch are just moved around to terrorise another branch. It is really horrible. There are a few gems in there from colleagues but barclays management is awful! Favouritism and Bully culture. Speak up and they get rid of you. Passed around London as if you were the problem. I left in the end because i was getting bullied for trying to be save in covid19. Forced to come to work to do telephony when you can do this at home? Telling you its just what it is however on BarclaysNow it says work from home if need be. What they preach is not what is done. Especially in the branches. Head office do not know what goes on in their branches. Clearly.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company. Enjoy working, best job I’ve had.

16 May 2021 - Assistant Vice President/Audit Team Lead in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- WFH (Even before pandemic) - Great work life balance - Lots of support - Tons of benefits (including shares) - Competitive Salary - Path to promotion very obvious if you’re good - Very prestigious name to work for

Cons

- Some people are just not very good - Some managers haven’t a clue about management skills - I know it’s audit, but people are too cautious - Inconsistent salaries among same level staff - Very political. You need to know to play the game or you’ll struggle

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Engineer

19 Jun 2021 - Network Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience Time Pay Insurance Health insurance is a plus at Barclays

Cons

Time Pay can be improved with time

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Place to Work

16 May 2021 - Vice President - IT in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Genuinely decent people, I can count on the fingers of one hand the people I have met in the 9 years I have been with Barclays that are unpleasant/nasty -Response to the pandemic has been great, great comms, good behaviour from senior leaders, great support forWFH -Probably one of the most meritocratic organisations I have worked for, there is work to do, but overall pretty good. -As an IT programme manager I have worked on some really interesting and valuable pieces of work

Cons

-A lot of internal bureaucracy -Employee Facing IT Systems (laptops) are incredibly poor -More to do on internal diversity

Marketing and Attraction

Thank you for your feedback. At Barclays, we believe that creating an inclusive and supportive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also what is best for our business. It makes us better at understanding the needs of our customers and clients, and it creates a sense of belonging and value that enables our colleagues to perform at their best.

7. 4.0

PA review

19 Jun 2021 - Executive Assistant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Inclusive and innovative

Cons

Poor salary increase No career journey for PA’s

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible company if you are a Graduate Software Developer

27 May 2021 - Technology Analyst in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've working for 2 teams during my graduate scheme and in both cases the line managers and senior developers are catalysts for personal development. Despite being very busy people they still take significant chunks of their time to help the graduate developers and make sure we are on the right path.

Cons

Some of the gradute training events were poor but it's difficult to blame Barclays as the graduate programme managers did their best with the virtual classes and work from home.

Marketing and Attraction

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. Your feedback is valuable as we continue to seek opportunities to improve the content of our graduate events. It's also great to hear about the support you have received. Wishing you continued success.

9. 4.0

Coverage

19 Jun 2021 - Assistant Vice President in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team environment and good career path

Cons

Disconnect between senior leadership And junior staff

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good employer

19 Jun 2021 - Director in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotion yeah yeah yeah baby

Cons

Long hours ya know son

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,130 Reviews