Barratt Developments Reviews

Updated 7 May 2021

4.4
Barratt Developments Chief Executive David Thomas
David Thomas
Pros
  • "Lovely people, great company benefits and a little bit of travel with expenses paid(in 8 reviews)

• "Good company that looks after you(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours, expected to work Saturdays for no overtime(in 7 reviews)

• "High pressure particularly at certain times of the year, some senior management quire old-fashioned outlook and somewhat risk adverse(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Barratt cares about its people

9 Oct 2020 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've found Barratt to be a genuinely considerate employer - they really care about making you be the best you can be. If you put the work in, they will support you to reach your potential. I think the way they supported their staff during the coronavirus crisis was a true testament to this. Health and safety came first, and they made sure everyone received their normal pay if on furlough, and then brought everyone back by the end of June. It's also great to work for a company that absolutely wants to do the right thing. I think this is led from the top by excellent leadership from David Thomas, who beyond being a genuinely nice person is committed to supporting charities and local communities. It's great to be able to feel proud of the company you work for.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Barratt. I've been lucky enough to have had excellent managers and opportunities throughout my time at Barratt and I think this has guided my experience.

Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive review. We are really pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Barratt Developments and we hope that this continues to be positive going forward. We are proud of our culture and it is down to all of our employees such as yourself and their hard work that make it a reality. Thank you again and all the best going forward.

2. 5.0

Excellent Training and Development for Early Careers

5 May 2021 - Land Graduate in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reputable company, Great working culture Commitment to people in the business Progression and development opportunities

Cons

You will always come across people who are resistant to change or adoption of new ideas, but generally these people are not in leadership positions anyway. Otherwise, I cannot see any downsides to working for Barratt Developments.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are proud of our graduate programme and it is down to all of our employees such as yourself and your hard work which makes it a success. Thank you again and all the best going forward.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed my time working there

22 Apr 2021 - Commercial Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team ethos and give managers a degree of autonomy

Cons

Commercial systems (even their new ones) are so outdated

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and we’re happy to hear your experience is positive overall. We value feedback so that we can become an even better company and will take your comments on board. We wish you all the best with your career.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Review

7 May 2021 - Sales Administrator in Chelmsford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office environment and good staff celebration

Cons

Bad culture and no teamwork

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We are sorry to hear your thoughts towards the culture and teamwork within your area. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've also sensed the positive environment that we've worked hard to make part of Barratt Developments and will take all of your comments on board going forward.

5. 3.0

Orthodox way of working

20 Apr 2021 - Personal Assistant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with my team Good benefits

Cons

No progression for admin staff Poor salary structure

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your balanced review. We are sorry to hear about the above cons from your experience with us. We do value all of our current and former employees feedback and so we will take your comments on board. We would like to wish you all the best in your career.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great experience

24 Mar 2021 - Assistant Site Manager in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money , experience and bonus

Cons

Relentless pace of work is difficult for some.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback and we wish you all the best going forward.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

6 Apr 2021 - Senior Buyer in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, good team atmosphere

Cons

High work load for individuals

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your balanced review. We value feedback so that we can become an even better company and will take your comments on board. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and wish you all the best with your career.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Loved it

15 Feb 2021 - Senior Surveyor in Solihull, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good HR structure, and a great place to work

Cons

Small fish in a big pond, but this isn’t a big deal

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read of your positive experience overall. We are proud of our culture and it is down to all of our employees, past and present, that make it a reality. Thank you again and all the best going forward.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent Company

19 Feb 2021 - Trainee Assistant Site Manager in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Motivated and driven team, friendly people, strong work ethic

Cons

Nothing so far for me to be honest.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and we’re happy to hear your experience is a positive one, we hope this continues to be the case for the remainder of your career with us.

10. 5.0

Ambitious and Forward-thinking Employer

7 Oct 2020 - Technical Coordinator in Gateshead, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very strong and reputable company who always put their staff first. Barratt recognise that its staff are it's strength and as such hardwork never goes unrewarded. Great long-term strategies and goals and is wellplaced to be the largest, most sustainable and inclusive housebuilder in the UK

Cons

Is a quite a fast pace, high pressure work environment that might not be for everyone. Organisational can be confusing at first and top-down communication could be improved

Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review. We strive to create an open culture at Barratt Developments and value feedback so that we can become an even better company. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and we’re happy to hear you're pleased overall.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Reviews