Barratt Developments Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2022

Found 161 of over 263 reviews

4.6
Pros
  • "It's a great company to work for(in 12 reviews)

• "Flexible working has been introduced which has proven to be a very positive move(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to be prepared to work hard although this doesn't mean having to work long hours(in 12 reviews)

• "I don't have anything negative to say about Barratt(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Excellent company to work

Jan 12, 2022 - Finance Clerk in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities within the business

Cons

Location when using public transport

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback wish you all the best with your career.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Full recommend working for Barratt

Jan 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They actually listen to your engagement feedback and scores Management are personal, whilst also working extremely hard Flexibility - especially since covid and working from home Team spirit Charity work

Cons

Salary could be addressed to match those of their competitors, we seem to be lacking significantly in this area Recognition with awards and bonuses seem to be behind others also

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Jan 12, 2022 - Sales Administrator in Framingham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Share options, caring, birthdays day off, private health care

Cons

Work load huge but everyone very supportive

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Place To Work

Jan 12, 2022 - Commercial Solicitor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Barratt believe in investing in their employees. Work/life balance really is achievable in this company. The benefits are brilliant, staff are rewarded for their hard work and everyone is treated as an equal. I knew within a few months of joining that this is a place I would like to remain at for the rest of my career (30 plus years until I retire!) I have been with the company for 6 years this year.

Cons

Location of some of the offices are difficult to get to via public transport. It is difficult to keep up with the key issues the company is focusing on as Barratt is a very large company.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that your time with Barratt Developments has been enjoyable so far. We wish you the best of luck with your career.

5. 5.0

Employee Review

Jan 12, 2022 - Buying Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay well, good atmosphere, excellent benefits, good opportunities and good career paths

Cons

Long hours, hard shift at times

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your feedback. We will take your comments onboard and wish you all the best with your career.

6. 4.0

Aspire Graduate

Jan 1, 2022 - Aspire Graduate in Newton, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Hands on experience of all business disciplines through a rotation based scheme - Inclusion in project decision making - whether entry level or senior, your input is valued and you will see this realised across the projects you work on - Autonomous decision making - Encouraged to positively challenge and input into project work flows - Support of colleagues to further learning and excel in role - colleagues are as invested in you as you are in your career which is brilliant. If you give 100% and have a good attitude even if mistakes are made, you will get the backing of staff throughout your career. - Big picture focus, regular training and sessions building business professionalism and understanding. - Realistic targets, reviewed twice per year with senior management - a great opportunity to review progress and set personal targets and challenges to conquer for the next period of time. Also a good chance to speak to senior management about how you feel within the role. - The Aspire Scheme is highly regarded, so much so that our CEO takes a keen interest in our progress. You are expected to fill roles with great responsibility in the future, you are surrounded by important people to ensure you have the best possible tools and enablers available to get there.

Cons

- £22,500 after tax, fixed for two years until you come off the Graduate Scheme (2 years in length) - whilst direct entry level hires are placed on gross packages well in excess of £27,000 which is not really fair when you have far greater role relevant experience, business exposure & connections etc. You are essentially the same level as a direct entry level new hire but earn less for doing the same nature of work, which can be demotivating. The Aspire Scheme is designed to hire business leaders of the future, so it would be good to change the old fashioned generic Graduate salary model and pay based on the candidates ability & potential to quickly rank up and their overall worth/value to the business. This would help with staff retention, which has been an issue in that other graduates have left due to salary expectations being out of line with other industry players willing to pay more based on their industry valued credentials being part of the Apsire Scheme and Barratt more widely.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will take your comments onboard. Thank you again and best of luck with your career.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretend to care but it’s all a facade

Jan 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great staff who keep you going who are not Managers or Directors.

Cons

The senior management is poor, weak and ignores big issues, doesn’t back staff. Benefits packages are poor in comparison to competitors. 1 years death in service Low car allowance Bonuses harder to get Don’t feel valued, appreciated or looked after. You have to put your notice in to get noticed or even have a chance of a pay rise. Ethos, values and culture is all wrong in Exeter Shame that the temp RMD and MD didn’t and don’t listen to staff. Was a good business once

Recruitment Team

Thank you for leaving a review. However, we were really sorry to hear about the concerns you raised and we can assure you that we take all reports of this nature seriously. Please do therefore get back in touch with us so that we can investigate this matter in further detail, or you can make a report, anonymously, via the independent Safecall service.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall pleasant place to work

Dec 19, 2021 - Assistant Quantity Surveyor in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Look after their staff well

Cons

Not able to act or think independently

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your balanced feedback. We appreciate the comments and wish you the best of luck with your career.

9. 5.0

Great rewards, motivational management

Nov 9, 2021 - Graduate in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great rewards, motivational management and clear teams

Cons

quite clique-y, minimal team events

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your balanced feedback, it's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with Barratt Developments. We appreciate your comments and wish you the best of luck with your career.

10. 5.0

Opportunities for all

Oct 23, 2021 - Fitting and Service Manager in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anyone wanting to succeed can with the right attitude and work ethic. There are many benefits for employees on top of renumeration Flexible working is available to support employees

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your generous review. Best of luck with your career and the rest of your time with Barratt Developments.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Reviews