Barratt Developments Reviews

Found 214 of over 356 reviews

4.5
Barratt Developments Chief Executive David Thomas
David Thomas
Pros
  • "It's a great company to work for(in 12 reviews)

• "Flexible working has been introduced which has proven to be a very positive move(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to be prepared to work hard although this doesn't mean having to work long hours(in 12 reviews)

• "I don't have anything negative to say about Barratt(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Fantastic Place To Work

Jan 12, 2022 - Commercial Solicitor in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Barratt believe in investing in their employees. Work/life balance really is achievable in this company. The benefits are brilliant, staff are rewarded for their hard work and everyone is treated as an equal. I knew within a few months of joining that this is a place I would like to remain at for the rest of my career (30 plus years until I retire!) I have been with the company for 6 years this year.

Cons

Location of some of the offices are difficult to get to via public transport. It is difficult to keep up with the key issues the company is focusing on as Barratt is a very large company.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that your time with Barratt Developments has been enjoyable so far. We wish you the best of luck with your career.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall a great place to work

Aug 10, 2022 - Quantity Surveyor in Guildford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, approachable and open minded senior management team, flexible working ethic and overall a great place to work.

Cons

Fast-paced and target/report driven so stressful at times

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your balanced feedback. We appreciate the comments and will take them on board. We wish you all the best with your career.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Work For!

Aug 1, 2022 - Sales Advisor - Full Time in Southampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive Pay and Commission Structure - Additional Bonuses such as Private Medical Insurance, Share Awards, Extra Day Holiday for your Birthday, Discount Portal, Volunteer Days and much more - Opportunity to progress and the encouragement from colleauges to do so - Flexible Working - 5* Builder and Great Reputation in the Industry - Great Graduate Scheme

Cons

- It would be nice to have 1 in every 4 weekends off, although saying this we are able to swap our days off to a weekend, so not really a Con!

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad your time at Barratt Developments has been positive so far and we wish you all the best with your career.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Barratt care about their employees.

Jul 28, 2022 - Technical Trainee in Southampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Barratt care about their employees. Barratt have responded with good compensation to help with the rise in cost of living crisis. They also provide flexible working which helps people with dependants.

Cons

Job requires visits to site but does not include car allowance.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the comments and suggestion, and we wish you all the best with your career.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Sales Management

Jul 30, 2022 - Sales Adviser in Cardiff, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, Holidays & Benefits

Cons

Bullying & unfair treatment by Sales Management

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. However, we were really sorry to hear about the concerns you raised and we can assure you that we take all reports of this nature extremely seriously. Please do therefore get back in touch with us so that we can investigate this matter in further detail.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Salary

Jul 8, 2022 - Site Manager in East Kilbride, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid every month without fail

Cons

Demanding job which has a lot of pressure

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We wish you all the best with your career.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Dynamic

Jul 5, 2022 - Sales Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sales are supported by strong marketing campaigns.

Cons

It systems are not great, delaying alot the sales process.

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your balanced feedback. We will take your comments on board and wish you all the best with your career.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review

Jul 6, 2022 - Trainee Site Manager in Houghton Regis, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Few - no official training offered

Cons

Very disorganised company at times

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, however we’re really sorry to hear about the concerns you have raised. We work hard to create a safe, inclusive and supportive place to work and so we can assure you that we take comments such as these seriously. While we will investigate your comments as fully as possible, we would also ask that you consider contacting your local HR business partner, in confidence, so that we can better understand the situation and take any appropriate action.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Pay

Jun 30, 2022 - Sales Adviser in Cardiff, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a sales advisor the basic salary for someone who had mot worked in sales before was 23,500. With commission when plots were sold and add ons such as upgrades etc, I was on target of earning 44K for the year.

Cons

Management were absolute bullies. You'd be sent off on a training course and then expected to know it all and sell every time without issue. This was during the pandemic so people were being very careful with their money. Managers didn't care about that and just wanted more and more sales. No matter what I did I felt it was never good enough.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. However, we are really sorry to hear about the concerns you raised and we can assure you that we take all comments on board. We wish you all the best.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jun 13, 2022 - Site Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loads of training available. Overtime opportunities.

Cons

Build speed it's quite high.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 214 Reviews

Barratt Developments Reviews FAQs

Barratt Developments has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 356 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Barratt Developments to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Barratt Developments employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Barratt Developments. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

91% of Barratt Developments employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Barratt Developments 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Barratt Developments to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, workplace.

Popular Careers with Barratt Developments Job Seekers