Bazaarvoice Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated 24 Nov 2020

4.1
Bazaarvoice CEO Keith Nealon
Keith Nealon
Pros
Cons
  • "High Austin/Belfast staff attrition(in 27 reviews)

• "No work/ life balance, no help from upper management(in 16 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great, Growing company"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

- growing - good visibility and access throughout the Company (you can speak directly with the CEO) - great culture

Cons

- personal development could be better

"Great company despite challenges"

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

Great culture, exceptionally intelligent and talented people, strong work ethic. Company is doing a lot to remain at the forefront and continue to be innovative despite competitive pressure and it's showing through the development work that I've seen over the past year. Despite people working very hard across very long hours, there is a big focus on recognition which helps enormously.

Cons

BV is feeling being inbetween a start-up and a larger, public organization and there are challenges in continuing with our strengths whilst growing at the rate we require. Process is becoming a larger focus, which is positive but there is a risk of it squashing the creative approach which makes BV so strong.

"market development manager"

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great company with a great culture and amazing people

Cons

to much of turn over

4. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture to be apart of! Such a fun environment to work in, makes coming to work everyday a treat. Flexible time off, good compensation, great coaching.

Cons

High expectations but there is coaching and training that helps you get there.

5. "great company to learn and take initiative"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

-solution which can truly impact organisation -great team and leadership in Europe -great culture

Cons

-lots of changes over the last few months preventing innovation to be executed at the level it should. still lots of potential to unlock

"Horrible Management ruins a great culture"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is truly fantastic (although the new CEO may change the current culture). The actual workers are amazing people and I truly feel as if they encompass what BV tries to be. Great benefits Great culture Casual dress Open, colorful layout prevents you from feeling like you work in a library WFH ability and the freedom to work in focus rooms or on couches for comfort

Cons

Middle management. Especially a team led by a particular woman are very clique-ish and exclusive to people of color. Perception is everything so if the wrong person doesn't like you, your credibility is shot. This team is led by a woman with no previous management experience, is unprofessional, disrespectful, and literally curses out people she doesn't like. How is she employed? Because BV's leadership has a good old boy club who takes care of their own. Stagnant positions. No real room for growth. You'll find yourself wasting brain power doing the exact same thing every day. Heavy Micro management Below average pay when compared to market values Lack of foresight by leadership. An example of this is a new role was stood up in February 2018 only to be offshored in April 2018 bc it provided no value. Lack of ability to prioritize projects. No efficiency Diversity is not practiced at BV. New CEO is rude and doesn't consider the people in his decisions.

Continue reading
  7. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bazaarvoice has great management, a great culture, and some of the most intelligent employees I've worked with. There's a ton of talent and a lot of opportunity to tap into new products and markets

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long and I'm never able to fully check out from my job while I'm out of the office or taking time off.

Continue reading
  8. "Good company to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, excellent team, bright data future.

Cons

Higher management needs to get better.

9. "Great Austin Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Awesome co-workers, great culture, decent pay, amazing PTO and maternity policy, work life balance

Cons

Management isn't that great at remembering the people aspect of business and because of this we have lost great talent

Continue reading

"Great Culture, but pay is sometimes a problem"

Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice for more than a year

Pros

great culture, good learning environment, and easy to move up if successful

Cons

payroll who takes care of your base/commission are incompetent. They make mistakes and they dont want to pay you as much as someone in your same role is being paid.

Bazaarvoice Response

March 1, 2018Director, People & Talent

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are proud of the opportunities to learn and grow at BV. I hope that, in alignment with our values of open and honest conversation, you have flagged the commission issue internally. Our payroll and commissions team have a very good record of resolving any concerns. Regarding Bazaarvoice pay structure, it is defined by both scope and experience. Base pay is therefore aligned to a grade level but across an experience range, so it is possible that someone in the “same” grade/role may be paid differently. If you haven’t already, reach out to your manager or HR business partner with your questions.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 English Reviews