Bede Gaming Reviews

Updated Nov 12, 2021

Found 50 of over 51 reviews

4.4
Bede Gaming Managing Director Alex Butcher (no image)
Alex Butcher

214 Comments

Tech

81.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bede Gaming~917008
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company that really cares about its people

Oct 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people team Fantastic colleagues to learn from

Cons

Can’t think of any really

2. 5.0

Brilliant Environment

Sep 29, 2021 - Applications Support Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment and great team.

Cons

None that I have come across

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company that really cares about its people!

Aug 11, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer in Newcastle, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Great culture * Excellent employee benefits * Greak perks - well stocked kitchens in the office (with free food), lunch occasionally bought by the company, etc * Well organised structure now that the company has grown significantly. Less "multiple hat wearing", e.g. engineers having to take on project management roles, which means everyone gets to focus on their job. * People team that genuinely put the employees first, and recognise that they are the key to the company's success. * Excellent flexibility for those with families and other responsibilities outside of work.

Cons

* Exec team are less visible and communicative about the direction of the company than they used to be. Can often feel in the dark about what's in the pipeline. This has been raised many times but hasn't really been fully addressed other than an occasional email.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2021 - Platform Support Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely fantastic people in the company that you can learn from.

Cons

High pressure environment at certain times

HR Manager

Thanks for the review. It's always nice to hear positive comments form ex Beders. We hope you're enjoying your new role!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Jan 14, 2021 - Operations in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly, social, supportive, generous, flexible

Cons

I can't name any cons

HR Manager

Thanks for the kind words, we're really glad you enjoyed your time at Bede and hope you're enjoying your new challenge just as much!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great new start to an amazing company!

Sep 3, 2020 - Project Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Warmth of welcome, great feel to the company and a modern, trusting culture.

Cons

None .... apart from not meeting in person yet, due to Covid-19, but the team has already suggested social distanced drinks to welcome me!

HR Manager

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear you've had such a positive start to your Bede career, long may it continue!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Plenty of opportunities to grow

Aug 25, 2020 - Applications Support Engineer in Newcastle, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Regular support and opportunity to learn multiple technologies and range of systems. Trust in your abilities to resolve the problem, whilst full support when you stuck or need answers. Annual salary reviews Great incentives and perks like nights out, free phone, private medical care , Amazon vouchers and many many more

Cons

No senior roles so the progression is only to another role,

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for the review, we’re really pleased to hear that you feel well supported in your role and you enjoy the many perks we offer.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Aug 28, 2020 - Site Reliability Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone is supportive and willing to help. Good collaboration between different teams. Good benefits (flexible working, health care, free food, events). Senior Management are approachable and willing to listen.

Cons

Although I really enjoyed working there and will miss it, I couldn't see a clear route for progressing within the company and only really left because a new opportunity came along.

HR Manager

Thanks for the review. We're always sad to see people leave but we wish you the very best of luck in your new role - we hope it lives up to everything you experienced at Bede :)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great supportive place to work

Aug 27, 2020 - Engineering in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company who cares, management and HR truly care about well-being. Supportive and open to new ideas always striving to be better. HR's doors always open and I've had a lot of support from them. Flat structure and an attitude that mirrors that no one has a high and mighty attitude which is great.

Cons

While I’ve progressed fantastically since I’ve started here the flat structure means I’m a bit confused about progression (I might have to shift teams to do that – great for some but not what I want to do). Hard to get resources outside of your own team and the fast growth of some teams has meant knowledge sharing hasn’t gone well. Can’t comment on other roles but for my role it’s particularly low paid compared to the region.

HR Manager

Thanks for the review. It’s great to hear that you’ve progressed so quickly and that you’ve made good use of the HR support we offer. We accept that we’re not perfect, and are always working on ways we can create avenues for progression - we’ve made a lot of internal promotions this year so we’re definitely moving in the right direction.

10. 1.0

Bullying disguised as banter

Aug 19, 2020 - IT Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Informal culture + Beer fridge + Great place for good work/life balance (as long as you have an understanding manager)

Cons

+ No accountability + HR provides lip service but no semblance of real change + Management has received no training on how to deal with people

10 people found this review helpful

Bede Gaming Response

Dear Beder, I'm really sad to read this review from a current member of staff. As a leadership team we've strived to create a positive and informal culture. Central to this is creating a safe environment to enable staff to thrive. Whilst our culture is something that we’re proud of in general, we haven’t got it right this time. Bede takes any accusation of bullying extremely seriously. It's unfortunate that the existing support channels have not worked. As a result of this complaint, I will personally oversee an enquiry to better understand the problem, and ensure the implementation of recommended actions. Sincerely, Alex Butcher MD, Bede Gaming

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews