Bede Gaming Reviews

4.4
Bede Gaming CEO Colin Cole-Johnson
Colin Cole-Johnson
0 Rating
Pros
  • "However, at Bede, they often encourage/remind you to take the time to learn new skills, whether those skills directly to relate to your job or not(in 6 reviews)

• "Casual clothes, flexible working, free food, beer fridge, free evening meals and taxis if you are working late(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The tech is a bit long in the tooth these days, and Bede doesn't move very fast or innovate rapidly, due entirely to stack choices(in 6 reviews)

• "flat structure(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

207.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bede Gaming~917008
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

"Wonderful"

Mar 14, 2022 - Enterprise Security Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is Bede. B as in Beautiful. E as in Exquisite. D as in Decent. E as in Extraordinary.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, really.

Continue reading
    2. 2.0

No support

Mar 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and drink provided.

Cons

No support from HR, all words and no real understanding of people.

Continue reading

Bede Gaming Response

I am really sorry to read that we haven’t been there when you have needed us. We would really like to talk to you to find out more, in whichever way you feel most comfortable. You can contact either me, Andy or Gemma in the People Team, directly. Alternatively, if you would like a contact outside of the People Team, we would encourage you to talk to your line manager, or a trusted member of the Senior Leadership or Exec team. Whoever you choose to reach out to, please know we are here and ready to listen. Claire People Manager

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Feb 22, 2022 - Duty Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Beer. Free Food. Regularly paid nights out. Lots of avenues for progression.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, interesting challenges, engaging CEO

Cons

Can be challenging due to often changing priorities which aren't always communicated well

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 11, 2022 - Applications Support Analyst in Newcastle, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Bede is amazing. There's lots of perks and it's been a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place with fantastic people

Dec 16, 2021 - Software Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great learning development. - Option to use many different programming languages. - Awesome office in Newcastle, open but with team privacy and lots of free food / tea & coffee. - Loads of really nice people, some funny characters too!

Cons

- The office was often pretty loud which meant a lot of developers needed headphones to concentrate.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

By far the best company i've worked for!

Dec 1, 2021 - Software Tester/QA Analyst in Gosforth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Whilst other companies I've worked for have offered employees the opportunity to focus some fo their time on learning, this is easily drowned out by the volume of work. However, at Bede, they often encourage/remind you to take the time to learn new skills, whether those skills directly to relate to your job or not. This is also optional and if there are times when i dont have the capacity to learn, they never make me feel guilty or pressure me into it. - The work benefits are truly amazing. Especially their current healthcare insurance. I have used this many times and as a result, have been able to get issues resolved which I otherwise would have kept putting off either due the cost of going private or the waiting times for the free national health care. - They encourage new ideas no matter how big or small and make your ideas heard. The less outspoken employees are also given the chance to share ideas/issues as they often give out forms to capture feedback. - They are very transparent with the companies progress as a whole - Hard work is recognised and rewarded. Being quite a large company, this was a concern of mine when first joining. However, I have regularly been praised for my efforts and this was rewarded by a generous salary increase much sooner than expected. - They put your health before work and not just because they have to. They are laid back with taking time off to attend things such as doctors appointments, which helps massively as you don't feel guilty for putting your own health first. - Ultimately, they understand that by giving their employees a great place to work, trusting them and treating everyone fairly, they get happy and hard workers . Something that sounds obvious, yet many other companies don't seem to grasp.

Cons

I don't see any downsides to working here

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic place to work & a company who pride themselves on staff benefits

Dec 1, 2021 - Senior Lawyer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff benefits including private healthcare & fantastic pensions

Cons

No cons I can think of

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company that really cares about its people

Oct 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people team Fantastic colleagues to learn from

Cons

Can’t think of any really

10. 5.0

Brilliant Environment

Sep 29, 2021 - Applications Support Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment and great team.

Cons

None that I have come across

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews

Bede Gaming Reviews FAQs

Bede Gaming has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 61 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Bede Gaming to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bede Gaming employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bede Gaming. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

87% of Bede Gaming employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bede Gaming 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Bede Gaming Job Seekers