Bella Baby Photography Reviews

Updated 12 Jun 2021

Found 174 of over 196 reviews

4.1
Bella Baby Photography CEO Brad Jones (no image)
Brad Jones
Pros
  • "Everyone that I work with - the other photographers, love it too(in 38 reviews)

• "I feel that Bella Baby really cares about their employees(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There's not always enough babies for photographers to reach their goals(in 29 reviews)

• "No families that want photos then no income(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my job!

12 Jun 2021 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned SO much from working with Bella Baby. You get to work with newborn babies which is amazing and working in the hospitals is actually really fun, and much less work than being a nurse. You also have creative freedom and don't have a boss constantly asking you for things.

Cons

It is commission only and you are expected to sell photo packages to clients.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work and grow as a photographer, flexible schedule, and who can say no to taking baby picture.

25 May 2021 - Newborn Photographer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a photographer just looking for some extra income when I started this job, this job has been perfect for getting to working in my field and gaining experience working with newborns. I have learned so much in the process of working for Bella. I went from an okay photographer to understanding natural light better, shadows, posing, angling, and more. A lot of these things were learned from constant behind the camera experience photographing the babies, which I wouldn't have gotten so quickly without Bella Baby. I can't recommend Bella Baby enough! I am a very hard-working individual and so I go in and photograph all the babies that I can, and because I love what I do it shows in what I provide each family. When you take great photos, the photos sell themselves. Since the pay structure is different than the usual, I have had the chance to make more than the state's hourly rate which is so nice. I have loved all the managers I have worked under and feel like the company's core values are beautiful. Thank you Bella Baby for creating a wonderful and enriching environment to grow in as a photographer.

Cons

First off this is a part-time job so if you are looking for full-time benefits that's not this job, (part-time jobs don't have the ability to give full-time benefits, so I don't really expect it from Bella Baby). Secondly, if you are looking for full-time pay from a part-time job, you just won't get that from Bella Baby. It is great for extra income while doing other work. This job pay structure is different than the normal, so that means you "reap what you sow" from this job. You put energy in and you will see the rewards. So if you love photography and newborns and looking for some extra money it's a great fit.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Customer service

11 Jun 2021 - Remote Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working remotely has worked out great

Cons

Raises could have been better

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company to Work for!

30 Apr 2021 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team Staff and Training, Beautiful experience

Cons

Sometimes there's no babies to shoot!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Loved this company

2 Apr 2021 - Newborn Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hours, commission, you get out what you put in!

Cons

If you have never worked in sales before, it can be challenging.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Fun job

1 Apr 2021 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun job. I loved working with the newborns. The other photographers were great too.

Cons

The pay is commission only

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Commission Based Work

6 Jan 2021 - Photographer in Long Branch, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to be apart of such a happy moment in people's lives. You need to know how to handle babies, have patients, strong communication skills, experience in sales

Cons

The biggest downside to the job is that it is only commissioned based. It caused me a lot of stress because there are days you can go in and there be no babies so you make no money. Also there are days where you shoot all day and than nobody buys so you make no money that day unless they buy the gallery later on. It is very stressful not knowing how much you will make at the job.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work for the right person

3 Feb 2021 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

work independently and manage your own time

Cons

you need to be okay knowing that not every client you work with will result in a sale

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not a job you can stick with long-term

15 Jan 2021 - In-hospital Newborn Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's flexible, and you can decide how many days you are available for this job

Cons

Commission only. So if you don't sell anything, you won't make any money. No raises in commission available, even if you are their highest seller. So if you work hard and bust your butt to get a good amount of sales, it won't matter, because they don't give bonuses or the opportunity to make more money

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sad to leave, but had to go!

9 Dec 2020 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get quick experience working with families & different people daily, work independently, meeting newborn babies, fine tune your photography skills, interactive environment with other coworkers through Slack

Cons

Low commission for all of the time + work & effort that goes into selling your butt off! Uploading galleries on hospital network that took well over an hour to upload 18-20 pictures, sometimes causing you to miss showing galleries to parents for selling opportunities and increased the length of your day at the hospital significantly even if done shooting for the day.

2 people found this review helpful