Benito Brow Bar Reviews

Updated 12 Jan 2021

3.1
  1. "Really nice place to work"

Current Employee - Threading Technician in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Benito Brow Bar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Theres lots of pro's, such as flexible working, all my colleagues are really friendly, get to meet some great clients and learn lots of new treatments. The company are always the first to try out new beauty treatments and we often get to be models which is a perk. We get free tinting and threading too!

Cons

Sometimes I have to work longer hours, but that's just to cover a shift occasionally if my colleague is off sick. They would do the same for me, so it's not really a con

2. "A Beauty Brand that cares for their employees!"

Former Employee - Threading Technician in London, England

I worked at Benito Brow Bar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Building relationships with clients, supported by management team

Cons

Need more branches in London, looking forward to new store openings

3. "Brows"

2.0

I worked at Benito Brow Bar part-time

Pros

Getting ur brows done any time

Cons

A very ungreatful company no consideration for their employers.

"Vile and manipulative company"

1.0

I worked at Benito Brow Bar full-time

Pros

Pfft, apart from a city centre location? Nothing

Cons

First and foremost, a lot of the "positive" reviews on here are completely fake, head office staff were encouraged quite a few times to write up fake positive reviews as the employment rating was very low and all reviews were negative. One of the reviews on here written as if it were me is 100% fake, no cons to working here? I would never write that in a million years. Although there were very few employees that were lovely to work with I can't say that about everyone there. There was a lot of micro-management, despite us all being told constantly that there is no such thing in this company, there was a specific person in the office who chose to ignore this and liked to suck up to the MD and a lot of the time you wouldn't be able to tell if they were genuinely being nice or if it was all fake (most likely they were being fake). Pointless meetings took place which would eat up your time to actually get some work done, then when you don't finish something you're questioned about it. A lot of favouritism, you were praised and recognised for your work (if you were liked. Although I didn't have a problem with this, it showed that all staff were not treated equally). Finger pointing - it's like no one wants to own up to something if they've done something wrong, hence the heavy blame culture. Concession staff were treated like dirt and you could tell they were very unhappy, a lot of head office staff were also very unhappy, I can't even tell you how many staff members came and gone during my time of employment here. The staff turnover is very high. Unrealistic deadlines, very heavy workloads then pointless tasks that have nothing to do with your role in the company would be added on top. The list of cons are endless. I really should have read all the reviews on here before taking the job. I'm traumatised and was very put off from working in another office ever again. Unfortunately, glassdoor doesn't allow 0 stars. So I had no choice but to give you 1.

Continue reading
  5. "Great company to work for with lots of opportunities"

Administration in Birmingham, England

I worked at Benito Brow Bar for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training Opportunity to progress within the company Warm and friendly environment to work in City centre so easy to commute to Excellent Management Team Friendly and helpful staff

Cons

Nothing bad about working for this company

"Lovely place"

Former Employee - Threader in Newcastle, England

I worked at Benito Brow Bar part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enjoyed working here and meeting all the nice peopl Lots of training

Cons

Long hours and must be fleixble to work weekends which is hard

"Great company with a great future"

Former Employee - Administrative in Birmingham, England

I worked at Benito Brow Bar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people to work with at the Head Office. Vast range of free and discounted treatments at a number of locations.

Cons

Morning commutes can become tedious with it being located in the centre of Birmingham.

April 13, 2017Administration

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments.

8. "Love my job"

I have been working at Benito Brow Bar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team to work with. The work challenges me (in a good way) and every day is completely different.

Cons

There are not any cons

April 13, 2017Administration

Thank you for your review. We're very happy to hear your comments.

"It's hard work - but I learned a lot!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I worked at Benito Brow Bar part-time

Pros

The team there were great, I learned a lot, not just about brows, threading and tinting, but also about retail. It was a really busy store, and the pressure of having to deal with loads of customers, as well as do a fantastic job was sometimes hard, but overall enjoyable.

Cons

On really busy days it was really difficult to cope, and some of the staff could get quite ratty with customers and also the rest of the team. Also, we didn't see management much.

April 13, 2017Administration

Thank you for your review. We take your feedback on board.

"Probably the most draining company to work for"

1.0

I worked at Benito Brow Bar full-time for more than a year

Pros

The travel is paid for and you are always paid on time. Good central office location and cool branding in stores.

Cons

Terrible blame culture, the director lies, belittles you, treats you like a child, swamps you with work, makes your life very depressing, all of the team try their best to work to unrealistic deadlines and are forced not to trust anyone. I feel everyone tries to get each other in to trouble or make them feel bad. No one is happy in their position you can cut the atmosphere with a knife. You work your days off to play catch and you have to take phone calls on your day off and submit work at the end of the week also on your day off which is expected. I was harassed every day I think the other reviews on here have been forced on here by current team members at head office because everyone says their unhappy so I find it hard to believe that these reviews are true. The list is endless but please never consider to work here! It's just so negative. I experienced the director lie to me to make feel like an unworthy team member. The list on endless it's drains me just thinking about my experience here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews