Bet365 Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Bet365 Co-CEOs Denise and John Coates
Denise and John Coates

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good salary and bonuses every 3 months" (in 26 reviews)

• "good pay, perm contract, free coffee" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "As soon as staff become Team Leaders or Supervisors they become horrendous to work with/for and you're just a number, not an individual" (in 9 reviews)

• "Working hours demanded far exceeded contracted hours" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in London, England
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in London, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place, good environmnet, good place to be

Cons

I did not find any cons at that time

2. "Infrastructure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cleaning Staff are lovely, free coffee is brought to your desk. Food is okay in the canteen.
    Free gym membership

Cons

Where do I start:
    You are treated like a child when you have TLs who are children who have no management skills and have been given the job not because they know what they are doing or are a good leader but because there face fits.
    The CEOs children running through the office.
    Having to clean the CEOs iPad and Phone in the evening as her personal IT assistant.
    Spending hours doing printing for the CEO.
    Shifts: You work 6 and 7 days on the go with very little time off. When doing nights you do 7 on from 9:30pm til 7:30am with 4 1/2 days off.
    No extra pay for working the weekends or bank holiday when other infrastructure teams get extra pay.
    Policies hinder you being able to do your job. When asking for help you always get a response of what’s the policy say.
    High staff turn over.
    Clickly environment, if your face fits then you do well. Very laddy.

Advice to Management

A TL is not a manager, it’s a lazy position for lazy managers. They can’t manage and if that’s what you want them to do then I would suggest you manage them and train them. They are consistently in secret meetings but doing what? The closed door policy that you have isn’t working. Staff turn over is high. I would suggest you have a forum and talk to your staff about the issues and really listen.

3. "Sports analyst"

I worked at Bet365 full-time

Pros

Good salary compared to city standard, very nice work place, nice people, access to a lot of tools

Cons

Not enough freedom for creativity, the fact that it is in Stoke, company bonus rather than personal bonus

4. "Software Developer - Manchester"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Manchester, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A real honest, straight talking company that are a pleasure to work for. They take care of good staff and you can definitely learn and grow.

Cons

Not really a bad thing but as with all businesses, sometimes things get put in motion before they are really thought out. Just gets frustrating sometimes when you spend 3 weeks developing something for it to then suddenly change

Advice to Management

Just carry on as you are. Especially in the Manchester branch, it's being run perfectly there and the teams can most certainly smash out amazing pieces of work time and time again

5. "2nd line support"

Pros

Good payscales and good jobs to progress in to

Cons

Shift pattern on a rota

"Former Customer Service Advisor employee"

I worked at Bet365 full-time

Pros

> Good pay for call centre work
    > Easy enough to be considered with customer service background

Cons

> Management structure
    > Anti social working hours
    > Didn't feel supported in the role

"The biggest employer in Stoke…worth selling your soul for?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the highest salaries for the area and an annual bonus
    Lots of additional benefits (Gym membership, company car scheme and mobile phones for managers etc.)
    On-site canteen and tea ladies that bring you drinks (they don’t want you leaving your desk)
    If you are in the right team you can learn lots of new skills on the side and work with the latest technologies
    Great if you have a limited career ambition and just want a well-paying, guaranteed stable job

Cons

I worked for bet365 over 5 years across multiple teams, so it’s fair to say I’ve got the T-shirt. Most of what follows is primarily for the Stoke office. I have heard much nicer things about the Manchester office.

Firstly, as many others have already said, the parking situation is terrible. To have any chance of getting parked you need to be there before 8.30am (and this cut-off time is only getting worse), otherwise you need to pay to park on a council car park, or park in one of the nearby retail parks and hope you don’t get a ticket (or give up your lunch break moving your car). Either of these then means about a 20 minute walk to the office. Then between 5 and 6pm everywhere is grid-locked so you won’t get out, and so straight away you’re on at least a 9 hour day (god forbid you put down your headset and leave at 4.55). Management simply don’t care or acknowledge the parking problems, because they have their own priority parking spaces (yet still choose to park in “our” spaces whenever they wish to).

As others have also suggested on here, it looks like management have taken to writing fake positive reviews, so I would encourage others to take these with a pinch of salt and instead read all the other lower rated reviews, as I can’t say I disagree with any of them. They are constantly trying to put on a big facade at corporate promotion events and pull the curtain over how it really is.

Now I know office politics are part of any company, but at bet365 it this is especially horrendous and particularly with the middle-management. Everybody is constantly trying to cover their backsides, denying everything unless it is in writing and looking for any excuse to shove the blame downhill so they can then brown-nose their superiors in an attempt to look good. After 5 years I can safely say, the real problem was just bad management, not the employees (and you wonder why there is such a high staff turnover on lower tier roles…)

The company has already gone through its major growth stage in Stoke, so the majority of people are only in the positions they are because of being in the right place at the right time. Unless you are part of one of the newer more niche teams, there is little chance of being promoted unless someone above you leaves, and this rarely happens as these are high salary roles for Stoke.

Then you have little cliques of managers and their mates who group up together to form a holy inner ring, impossible to penetrate without lots of “extra favours” and “oh can you just do me this and stay late to take one for the team”. If like me you have a family, it’s just not feasible to put in the extra unpaid effort required to be considered a good employee. While as usual, upper management are either blissfully unaware or just don’t care as they sit in their ivory towers.

So it really is a case of just sit down, shut up and do as you’re told. Any suggestions to improve the day-to-day process just get shut down (i.e “that’s not your role”) or stolen by your superiors and passed off as their own. There are 1-2-1 reviews every few months but these are pointless as they are rushed and then they will just fob you off with false promises and “business as usual” speeches.

For those of you that care about company ethics and responsible gambling, in the words of my team leader “we must always just do the minimum to remain regulatory safe”. Lots of the business is also based in Gibraltar and Malta for tax reasons, so take all of that as you will…

I haven’t given one star because there are some really good benefits to working here, but over time the money becomes less and less attractive as you have to deal with all of the above every single day (this includes making up time spent on toilet breaks and filling in timesheets saying what you did every minute of each day). There are pass scans on every door (security is very OTT) so they know your exact start/finish times.

I could write a lot more but I am sure you get the picture – I haven’t even talked about how badly managed the projects are! Working for another company just 8 months has made me in hindsight realise just how truly toxic the bet365 working environment was. To anyone who wants to work for bet365, good luck to you, don’t let them bully you into the ground. When they start treating you like just a number grit your teeth and if you want to keep your bonus don’t lash out.

Advice to Management

To be honest there isn’t much point saying anything, as the problem is the company culture itself and this won’t change. My thoughts are the same as what has already been written on here hundreds of times. For upper management, learn to better recognise when you have good employees, and if you want to know what’s really happening at ground level actually speak to them directly instead of hiding behind meetings, emails and management layers.

8. "Studio"

I have been working at Bet365 full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, ever-diversing work load

Cons

A lot of meaningless work, software which doesnt work properly

"Avoid."

Former Employee - Service Desk Technician in Stoke-on-Trent, England
    Former Employee - Service Desk Technician in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get coffee to your table

Cons

Just like sweat shop. Over worked and underpaid.
    Weird bonus system. Everyone gets a percentage of there salary based on performance which everyone gets if there great at there job or rubbish. Apparently you can get a bigger bonus for harder work.

Advice to Management

Go on a management course. Take the role for the job not the salary.

10. "Game Changer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Bet365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are actually doing the things they promised in the interview
    Work force are incredible to work with
    Senior Management make you feel valued
    When things get tough, you still feel supported
    Just a fantastic company to be apart of... even as a contractor!

Cons

Can't actually think of anything