Bet365 Reviews

3.4
Bet365 Co-CEOs Denise and John Coates
Denise and John Coates
Pros
Cons
  • "Don’t believe a word of the positive reviews, these are all written by managers and team leaders(in 18 reviews)

• "Long working hours during the week(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work for developers"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Manchester City Centre, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in the Manchester office for the Sports Development team and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. You'll be working with a very talented group of people on interesting projects. The management is very supportive and understanding. All the team leaders that I worked with were absolutely great - they made me feel like a valued member of the team. The majority of the team leaders were also past developers at bet365 - this was useful as they already had an appreciation on some of the problems that the developers could face. The tech lead is also a great guy - full of experience and knowledge, and always willing to share it with the wider team. The senior developers here are amongst some of the best developers I've worked with in my career so far. They're approachable and always willing to help. They do a great job in ensuring the right solutions are reached. We got free coffee and tea. Free pizza on Fridays (once a month). Regular team social events. Opportunity to work in an agile environment on an impressive scale.

Cons

No significant cons from my experience. Left the company to shorten my commute to work.

2. COVID-19

"Fantastic Company So Far! (Graduate)"

5.0
    Current Employee - Database Administrator (Database Administrator)

I have been working at Bet365 full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the key differences that I’ve clearly noticed is the respect you get from your peers and managers in the office. Colleagues support you and don’t mind you asking them any sorts of questions that you think are silly. They clearly understand that by asking questions, you will learn the ropes much more easily. Although in University you would get support, this would primarily only be during the lecturer’s office hours, whereas everyone at work has a fantastic knowledge and are fine for you to ask them anything, anytime. It was evident straight away that bet365 want me to continue learning. I honestly feel like I’m back at University sometimes with the amount of learning I’m actually doing. Senior members would give lessons using real world examples from bet365, which is fascinating and a great way to teach using the bet365 infrastructure. As well as this, a free subscription to Pluralsight is also given to us to allow us to learn, as well as encourage self-learning when there is not much work to do. I am also being sent on a range of third-party courses all arranged from bet365. This is a fantastic commitment and investment into me, which I greatly appreciate. I feel highly valued and an important cog in the team, despite only being here for 2 months. The amount of time, money and resources that have been used on me so far is fantastic. I also have weekly one-to-one meetings with my manager where we discuss what I’ve done in that week, and also about how I am doing as a whole. This is great because it promotes a strong relationship with the manager, which makes coming to work that much better. I’ve worked part-time jobs during University where the managers only cared about meeting sales figures, whereas bet365 clearly value and respect their staff.

Cons

Quite long working hours but I'm use to this from University. Coronavirus had meant that I had to onboard from home. However, they sent me a laptop and all the equipment that I need Not really that many cons!

Continue reading

3. "If you want to join bet365....Apply!"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Bet365 full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would say go for it! If you want to progress both as a person and as a professional, then there really isn’t a better place to start. The infrastructure is there for you to succeed, if you have the drive to do it then I don’t see why you can’t have the same experience as I have working in a great team.

Cons

So far there have been no cons to my experience.

4. "Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor

I worked at Bet365 full-time

Pros

Flexible with shifts Good money Easy

Cons

None that I can think of

5. "Good pay but don't care about individuals"

Former Employee - Fraud Specialist I in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay and night shifts. Great office.

Cons

Clicky, a lot of shifts are family unfriendly.

6. COVID-19

"Really not as bad as a lot of reviews make out, but may depend on your team"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Stoke-on-Trent, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bet365 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good salary and bonus. Decent benefits. Clean and bright office. Low pressure. Not expected to make time up for medical appointments. Never forced to work any more than 8 hours, but overtime is offered on occasion and is good compensation. Managers are understanding around needing training time for new languages or technology. Being outspoken and hard working does get noticed and it's encouraged to challenge the status quo.

Cons

Parking is a nightmare in Stoke. You have to be in before ~7:45 (pre covid) to get a parking space if you're not senior staff. Leaving early because of it is not usually an issue though. No official flexitime. Clean but boring Stoke office please build/rent a new one to alleviate parking issues.

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Bet365 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good salaries good bonus. Lots of challenges

Cons

Large processes and legacy code

8. "bet365, an incredible company to work for!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Manchester, England

I worked at Bet365 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fast paced company, that gives you a chance to work with the latest technology and learn from other developers. Their office is right in the heart of the city centre with lots going on around you, so you cannot as for more. The team leaders and managers always looking out for you, helping with any professional or personal matter that you have. I left to pursue another role down south, but will always look back on bet365 as a great time in my career.

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading

"Excelent idea of company, unfortunatelly east country stile mangment"

Current Employee - Account Advisor in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Bet365 full-time

Pros

Great idea of modern corporate where an employee is important part of the business and understanding that development of these people is important.

Cons

A large difference between staff rewarding. Super big condition difference between departments. 20 years old communists supervision + management and employees is taken as a number with absolutely no thank you or a bit of respect.

Continue reading

"Good salary, but don't expect to grow there."

Current Employee - European Customer Account Advisor in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Bet365 full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can only say about good salary.

Cons

Stressful environment, managers are not worried with employees. Profits will lead their actions.

Found 298 reviews