Bet365 Employee Reviews about "team leaders"

Updated Oct 9, 2020

Found 18 of over 574 reviews

3.5
Bet365 Co-CEOs Denise and John Coates
Denise and John Coates
Pros
  • "good salary and very good environment(in 56 reviews)

• "Free tea and coffee at your desk three times a day, might be so you don't get up(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You hear complain from the customer and from the team leaders/ sups(in 18 reviews)

• "Strict office rules overall, not advised if you need flexible working hours(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

219 Comments

Tech

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bet365~385984
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "team leaders"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst company ever

Oct 9, 2020 - European Customer Account Advisor in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is the only thing...

Cons

But the salary dont pay my menthal healthy, the company doesn’t care about its employees, management, supervision and team leaders don’t defend their team, in fact I don’t know what the role of deputy managers is, as they always say it’s top order. The company has no culture, or does not keep up with the culture, the role of the Advisor is to lie to customers, and hope that customers accept and do not curse, as all processes are delayed and bet365 thinks it is right. We at the customer service receive conflicting information between the supervisors and managers themselves, each one says something, the truth is that there are a lot of people in charge and few people who know what they are doing. When they needed us to work from home, we worked for 5 month, without enhancements on our salary, when we need for 5 days , they say its not possible. Anyway, worst company ever.

13 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0

Humans treated like robots

Sep 26, 2020 - Customer Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, nothing else, literally nothing else.

Cons

Can’t stress enough in saying this was the worst company I have ever worked. I don’t know about other departments but Customer Support will make you go sick physically and mentally. You will have your breaks timed (in seconds, not even joking). I felt like a human robot, felt miserable everyday I had to go to work. You work like crazy and by the end of the quarter they might not pay the full bonus (huge disappointment) . You are not heard and seen for the good things, but if you do any kind of mistake you are called to the meeting room for them to warn you. Some supervisors take things personally and will be “picking” on you. Don’t even know why they have CS honestly, CS can’t solve anything, they are just holding the fire for other departments who make mistakes. You hear complain from the customer and from the team leaders/ sups..not a gratifying job at all. They don’t do any kind of team building or try to make people a bit more happier or a more welcoming environment. I felt relieved quitting the job.

10 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working here has made me hate development

Aug 16, 2020 - Software Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Covid-19 working from home has helped to reduce my anxiety thanks to my dog

Cons

I have worked for over a half a dozen different software companies and this is by far the worst. The inter-team politics and toxic work environment has to be seen to be believed. Everyone in a senior role seems to be on some sort of power trip. Like its the first time in their lives they've been given a bit of responsibility and they are using this authority as an excuse to bully people underneath them. The quality of all codebases is similar to what you would expect to find in an old school software house. Massive libraries consisting of hundreds of projects, with very little structure and little application of design patterns. It is clear that the company management do not value talented developers at all. Their strategy is to simply hire as many developers as possible to pile features upon features. When you can't work through them fast enough due to the technical debt you then start to suffer burnout, and the team leaders start abusing and belittling you. I would strongly advise anyone thinking of working here to avoid at all costs. I cannot wait to find a new job so I can hand in my resignation.

22 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee

Much to be Improved!

Jun 28, 2020 - Project Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary and lots of benefits if you’re in the right role Will always keep you busy Lots of interesting members of staff to learn from once you get to know them

Cons

Although I find my work interesting and challenging, at times tasks can be very tedious and repetitive. It feels like there is a lot of opportunity to improve the day to day processes yet nobody really seems to care. My biggest complaint would be that there seems to be an overall negative culture within teams. Lots of people backstabbing, stealing credit playing politics. It’s just not at all necessary when we should all be working as one big team! Many benefits are exclusively for senior members of staff. Ultimately people in lower roles are working and delivering much more while senior members just take the glory, so consider expanding out the benefits to others also. I see a lot of hate against team leaders. My experience of the middle management is not that bad however I can see evidence of the issues others are complaining about happening. The reality is that team leaders are often trying to manage a situation with pressure from the upper management, so understandably some things slip through the cracks and people feel neglected. COVID movement to working from home seems to have been embraced well. However I feel the same bad office culture between staff still exists whereby people are trying to just point-score and one-up themselves over colleagues in an attempt to look good.

12 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unscrupulous, Draconian and Toxic

May 25, 2020 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing of any substantial positivity is really worth noting, other than the fact you’re pretty much guaranteed to always have a job due to the fact that staff turnover is so high and company profits are so substantial. Bet365 have made a large PR story about retaining their staff throughout the covid pandemic, however with their profits as they are, any other course of action would have just been insulting to its employees. Any other sort of “benefit” they claim to offer is standard throughout most large companies.

Cons

I am extremely disappointed, although not at all surprised, to see that the bet365 in-house recruitment team are impersonating developers and writing fake positive reviews. They are taking heavily adapted quotes from innocent developers and splashing them all over their advertising banners to create the illusion that their bad reputation is no more. This absolutely could not be further from the truth. Throughout my time here the upper management did not once change, and as the gambling industry continues to grow organically I suspect the overall management strategy will never change. So why did I stay for so long? I was foolish enough to think that over time the working environment would improve. Every year they promised that if I continued working hard I would be in for a major promotion. Of course this never happened, and having being chained to a lengthy 3 month leaving notice period I struggled for a long time to find alternative employment. Here are just a few of the things I experienced on a day-to-day basis: • Extremely poor communication across all teams. Emails taking forever to be replied to, with so called “team leaders” never chasing anything up for you until it became urgent to them personally. They then start blaming you for making no progress • Extreme office politics and favouritism. If you weren’t “one of the boys” then it was almost impossible to gain visibility and recognition from upper management. Many skilled individuals were continuously passed over for promotion because they didn’t share an interest in their bosses favourite hobbies • Extremely dull and boring office environment. Nobody was ever smiling, you’d be lucky if anyone even wished you good morning • Team leaders taking all the credit on the rare occasions that tasks did go well. They definitely didn’t inspire, and actively encouraged a blame culture • Was frequently asked to work more hours than mandated, all unpaid. I suffered verbal abuse if I refused or when I admitted to having made mistakes • Work load was always shared unfairly between colleagues. The more interesting work always went to management favourites so I was never given much of an opportunity to learn new skills • The HR department is not at all neutral and always sides with the management. I felt heavily discriminated against • Heavily male dominated environment. Insults in the way of banter, that type of thing. Because of this females are greatly pedestalised and can do nothing wrong. • A mad rush to get parked in the mornings. Coming in early to avoid the traffic resulted in management telling me that I couldn’t leave until after 5pm no matter what.

26 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Vile Management. A great place to ruin your career

Apr 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Difficult to truly give any positives really, lots of additional benefits if you are in the right role but you're expected to work hard in order to retain them.

Cons

I could easily write a large essay about all of the negatives but its all ground that has already been covered and covered well by previous reviews. The company culture will never change. I've noticed that management have recently had all of the most helpful negative reviews removed, as these went into great detail about what working for the company is really like. They have an unbelievably poor internal attitude towards responsible gambling and most of the company operates on a very outdated technology stack. All of their technology PR stories are not representative of how the company truly operates. Only their relatively small R&D team gets to work with the latest technologies, the majority of technical employees receive no training or exposure whatsoever to them. The fact that management never reply to reviews and actively seek to punish existing employees who dare say anything negative about the internal processes just shows you enough what this company is really like. - Team leaders micro-manage and talk down to you. Many people would view their attitude as bullying - Team leaders steal credit for your work whilst barely lifting a finger themselves - Extreme staff favouritism with team leaders, only their friends/partners receive the more interesting work - Clueless upper management who spend all day hiding in their offices - Don’t believe a word of the positive reviews, these are all written by managers and team leaders - Have I mentioned the team leaders are awful? They don’t care about anyone but themselves and progressing their own personal careers. - Very top heavy with management and seniors, little chance of being promoted - Very youthful laddy environment. Very loud, cramped office where it is difficult to concentrate - Lots of people with big egos to deal with on a daily basis, especially team leaders! They boast a competitive starting salary but in reality with the amount of unpaid work you end up doing you would be better off elsewhere. At most this company should only be a stepping stone for your career, the reviews which were written years ago are all still relevant today. Nothing has changed or will ever change.

20 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0

Unappreciated Coffee Runner

Mar 18, 2019 - Technician in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Industry Great Brand Urine to coffee ratio will have dropped off massively since I left.

Cons

Constant high demands for service from the never ending revolving door of , apparently, unappreciated technical wizards. When they're not at their desk drinking coffee they are on the toilet thinking about their next coffee, please start to use that keyboard in front of you. My only respite is the toilet breaks the drones take, which thankfully is plentiful, however this is a double edged sword as they come back thirsty for more. Team leaders do their best trying to keep the drones working, but their appetite for coffee is relentless, my feet bleed sometimes after a long shift, my ears too having to listen to their moaning. My heart though does not, some earn more in an hour than this honest hard-working coffee runner earns in a day, yet still they moan. Having to listen to people complaining about lack of parking is another massive downside, I wish I could afford a car.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great if you’re a Manager. Terrible for everyone else

Feb 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting salary for most roles and most people receive a large pay raise after their probation or first year, which they give to you as an incentive to stay on Annual bonus of around 5% but put one toe out of line and this gets taken off you. Great for workaholics who want to be in fast paced teams, bet365 is full of people working 10 hour+ days Stable job as it is a big company, however recently lots of teams have been relocated to other offices If you are in a Management role, are a Team Lead/Tech Lead or are in a Senior role, then you will receive the following exclusive benefits: Company car allowance, latest mobile phones, exclusive priority parking spaces, gym membership, tickets to sporting events, large expenses allowance and in general a larger annual raise+bonus

Cons

It has been said many times before but it is worth repeating, ALL OF THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE FAKE. These have all either been written by bet365s internal recruitment company in an attempt to cover up their well-known bad reputation, or by people in the above mentioned management and senior roles who are exempt from the strict office rules and spend all day in meetings so in reality have no clue about what the working day is like for the majority of people. Unless you have priority parking or arrive before 8.15am you will need to pay to park all day on a council car park. The expectation is you never just work to rule. There are live/important issues with the websites/projects almost every day and you will stay at the office until any priority issues are resolved. If you don’t do this you will never receive career progression. Once you are up to speed with how things work, you quickly become overwhelmed with Jira work tasks, most of which have unrealistic estimates and poor task descriptions defined by management. It’s always lots of smallish pieces of work, you never really get the opportunity to work on anything significant. You are very much just a tiny cog in their system. This is why many people say bet365 limits their career, as they are forever forced to do low-tier and low quality work. You never get to truly see anything through from start to finish. Team leaders all either friends/partners of people in upper management or are people who have been promoted out of more hands-on roles due to their incompetence. They all have no training in management whatsoever, no desire to care for the people they manage and are truly the cancer of the company. They always steal credit for your work as they like to show themselves off as the big problem solvers, whereas the people that work underneath them all know that it is in fact the team leaders themselves which are the root cause of most problems due to their lack of management and organisation skills. Departments have around 30-50 employees with a department manager in charge, and then this department is divided into sub-teams each with a team leader. You only really get the opportunity to speak with your department manager several times a year, and this is the person who decides your annual salary review. So the manager is then relying on your team leader for feedback to determine your raise, and of course the team leader never gives accurate feedback and instead tells their version of things in effort to obtain a larger pay raise for themselves. The entire business change team is terrible. Since I have worked here I have never known a project be completed on time, but fortunately the company just makes so much money that they don’t really need to care. But still your tasks are closely monitored with daily stand-ups. It’s an open plan office where you always feel watched, with frequent demands for status updates. As the work is always prioritised by business change, it’s all about getting new features out ASAP instead of improving what is already there. This puts pressure on people to deliver work quickly, resulting in it being of lower quality than it should be. Talented individuals will quickly feel suffocated by all of the office politics, and frustrated that they never get the opportunity to improve any of the day to day processes which they interact with more frequently. You will fit in well as long as you are prepared to put in long hours and play the office politics games. It is common for fellow colleagues to start trying to micro-manage you and attempt to shove blame onto you, as they are desperately trying to break through the glass ceiling into the senior roles. There is very little team mentality, it is always feels like it is every man for himself. Because of all this, staff turnover is exceptionally high. Many teams are now top heavy with people in management and senior roles. They are happy to only recruit mediocre individuals and graduate students just to fill seats, but the result is that this degrades further the quality of the work being done, causing more priority fix issues. Many people are also chained to a long 3 month leaving notice period because the company is aware of the staff retention issues. All in all this is really not a nice place to work, as the negatives far out-weigh the positives. Getting things working and out the door is always the priority. The quality of the work and well-being of the employees who actually do most of the work always comes second.

19 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Boys club. Talent and skills mean nothing in Infrastructure

Nov 29, 2018 - Infrastructure Engineer in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Costa Coffee, tea and big company restaurant. No dress code. Free gym. Latest tech, some great knowledgeable engineers.

Cons

It's not what you know, it's who you know. You will never move up the ladder unless you get pally with management or go for Friday beers after work. Everybody within the Infrastructure teams are aware of this, but are trapped by high pay (for the area), a lengthy notice period and the fact that this is a big local company which looks good on CV's. - I have seen staff continually exceed all expectations, working hard, creating benefits for the team and contributing hugely to the department. However, year after year they are passed over for promotion, with the regular March promotions going inexplicably to people who have contributed little and have lower skillsets. I have personally seen those move up the ladder who are clearly less qualified, and it's both disappointing and sad to see. - Concerns raised to management are ignored or contested. I've known fellow staff, who have met their set objectives year after year without recognition, raise concerns further and further up the management chains - from Team Leaders, to Managers and above, but nothing changes. There's a widespread feeling that raising concerns worsens any prospects of promotion. - Despite efforts to introduce objective-based career reviews, the final decision is made by one or two people and these objective scores are ignored, which makes it pointless. - Many Team Leaders have been given their jobs because they are friends of the department Manager(s) and are frankly terrible at their jobs. Although their job title is higher, they will usually be on less money than Engineers within their teams, and make bad choices because they don't have the experience, tech skills or knowledge. When challenged by knowledgeable engineers, concerns are dismissed and the Team Leader will nearly always get the backing of management no matter what. Sometimes Team Leaders will pass on engineer recommendations as their own, taking credit for them if the management agree. It's a toxic and lose-lose environment which has not changed for years. - Lack of training courses. A noticeable disrespect and distrust between management and technical engineers. - Constant time-checking of breaks (30 minutes at lunch strictly observed) is performed via your security pass. You do not have time to walk to the shops and back at lunch so you're trapped in the staff restaurant. You feel controlled and monitored at all times. - Absolutely no trust whatsoever between the company and staff. The lack of respect due to "friendly promotions", the incredibly weak Team Leaders, the complete ignorance of engineer recommendations or concerns and the close time monitoring means that lots of staff work almost to rule - walking in the office at exactly 9AM and walking out at 5.30PM - like a factory horn has gone off. - Due to the heavy time-monitoring and the car-park situation (not enough spaces) it is normal to see staff sitting in their cars for 40-45 minutes until 9AM, where everyone walks in at the same time. You will need to arrive at around 8.15 to get a space on the company car-park. Due to big queues you will not leave that car-park until 6PM. Local parking is very difficult.

23 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ugh - the worst experience ever in ridiculous world

Feb 23, 2018 - European Customer Account Advisor in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fresh coffee/Tea also brought to your table Modern building site Some benefits when you stay for long There is nothing more

Cons

I don't know where to start first: - Customer service based within one open space floor, no dividing walls, no offices - just open floor plan where all positions sits together pretending they are being busy and lurking behind your shoulder. Very unpleasant atmosphere. - Absolutely ridiculous bossing system. Management incapable, Supervisors under pressure due to instant surveillance of management and Team leaders incapable as well. Absurd bureaucracy all around. They say that everything (procedures, workload) are organised, but this is far away from true. Nobody know what the other do. That's the true. - Team leaders dividing their team, no support, no team leading experience. Team leaders are being promoted from advisor position not because of earned skills nor experiences gained during their job, but due favouritism with superior and management. So there are instances where Team leader promoted with no clue how to drive its team with poor training provided. Extreme favouritism taking place in this company. - arrogant management sector who is responsible for whole the structure (supervisors, team leaders, advisors ...). Management team barely say hello when entering premises which reflect negative mood to all other. Supervisors - Frigging individuals who are just following procedures and their staff are just moving numbers. No human treatment at all. Everything is just played game. Most of them works there for number of years because they feel financially comfortable for what they are doing and that's why they are called wimpy. Unfair treatment throughout all departments whatsoever. Advisors treated like animal with no right, just numbers and filled column, that's all. - RIDICULOUS parking system where you have to come hour earlier in order to get your car parked on designed place. Parking system works on first come first serve basis, however if you park somewhere else behind company, they will receive a phone call and will come to you which might lead in disciplinary action. Late shift there is not a chance to get your car parked at all. Very frustrating situation on a daily basis. - Good salary and bonus scheme: why mentioned in Cons? Because that is only reason most people stay at the company and do nothing about themselves as they feels too comfy. After few months people accommodated at work they just complain and do nothing about it. - Talented and Skilled people not welcomed and waste their time. If you feel you can bring something new, don't do it as nobody will appreciate it. You hear just "We'll get back to you later" What a shame. Overall the job position is suitable for those who doesn't want to achieve their goals, even if they are promoted to leading position - it means nothing as they are unusable in other world. Shift pattern based on whatever day you have to work will ruin your life as the time goes.

16 people found this review helpful