Bet365 Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated Nov 20, 2020

Found 14 of over 573 reviews

3.5
Bet365 Co-CEOs Denise and John Coates
Denise and John Coates
Pros
  • "good salary and very good environment(in 56 reviews)

• "Free tea and coffee at your desk three times a day, might be so you don't get up(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You hear complain from the customer and from the team leaders/ sups(in 18 reviews)

• "Strict office rules overall, not advised if you need flexible working hours(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

214 Comments

Tech

81.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bet365~385984
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Company So Far! (Graduate)

Jul 30, 2020 - Database Administrator (Database Administrator)
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the key differences that I’ve clearly noticed is the respect you get from your peers and managers in the office. Colleagues support you and don’t mind you asking them any sorts of questions that you think are silly. They clearly understand that by asking questions, you will learn the ropes much more easily. Although in University you would get support, this would primarily only be during the lecturer’s office hours, whereas everyone at work has a fantastic knowledge and are fine for you to ask them anything, anytime. It was evident straight away that bet365 want me to continue learning. I honestly feel like I’m back at University sometimes with the amount of learning I’m actually doing. Senior members would give lessons using real world examples from bet365, which is fascinating and a great way to teach using the bet365 infrastructure. As well as this, a free subscription to Pluralsight is also given to us to allow us to learn, as well as encourage self-learning when there is not much work to do. I am also being sent on a range of third-party courses all arranged from bet365. This is a fantastic commitment and investment into me, which I greatly appreciate. I feel highly valued and an important cog in the team, despite only being here for 2 months. The amount of time, money and resources that have been used on me so far is fantastic. I also have weekly one-to-one meetings with my manager where we discuss what I’ve done in that week, and also about how I am doing as a whole. This is great because it promotes a strong relationship with the manager, which makes coming to work that much better. I’ve worked part-time jobs during University where the managers only cared about meeting sales figures, whereas bet365 clearly value and respect their staff.

Cons

Quite long working hours but I'm use to this from University. Coronavirus had meant that I had to onboard from home. However, they sent me a laptop and all the equipment that I need Not really that many cons!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great job, great people

Dec 26, 2019 - Sport Analyst in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, people are really friendly

Cons

Long working hours during the week

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

This business will destroy your mental wellbeing, then your soul.

Mar 28, 2019 - Various Roles Across Several Operations Departments in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Tea and Coffee You’ll save a fortune by missing out on all your friends and families events because you’ll be here! More than minimum wage

Cons

Middle management. Parking. Working hours. Politics. Nepotism is rife. Industry impact on society. Lack of duty of care towards staff. Each department is a Silo. No meritocracy.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Customer service advisor

Jan 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good pay, nice place to work

Cons

Shift and long working hours

5. 3.0

Customer Service Advisor

Dec 12, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Above average salary in theatea

Cons

Too much unsocial working hours

6. 2.0

Former Customer Service Advisor employee

Aug 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

> Good pay for call centre work > Easy enough to be considered with customer service background

Cons

> Management structure > Anti social working hours > Didn't feel supported in the role

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to start out

Dec 2, 2016 - Software Test Analyst in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The potential for career progression if you work hard, and the salaries were quite good, based on the location of the company. - Working with some talented harding working individuals.

Cons

- Company culture could be better, the majority of management and staff work in fear. - Office location, the office is in Stoke-on-Trent, it's ok but it means that the company struggles to recruit. - Working hours, the expectation is to work through lunch breaks and late.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0

Very bad experience

Apr 24, 2016 - Software Developer in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is relatively competitive for the area

Cons

Codebase antiquated. Test coverage minimal. Development methodologies haphazard. Working environment appalling. Working hours demanded far exceeded contracted hours. Line management naive. Company culture fearful and blaming. Forelock-tugging deference to the Coates family toe-curlingly embarrassing. This company's market position is easily assailable and it isn't in a position to fight back.

17 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Supervisor

Apr 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, very varied work, decent staff membres, pension scheme, no redundancies,

Cons

micro management, far too many procedures, disciplinary action threat for any kind incorrect behaviour like being sick/late three times, big brother constantly watching, overkill with development plans, working hours unsociable, lack of flexibility.

10 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Betting Industry leaders - Employees overlooked

May 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay Job Security Free tea/coffee Decent bonuses Good people at base level

Cons

Lack of support for staff No trade union Inflexible working hours Lack of work/life balance Office politics Difficult to progress Parking

8 people found this review helpful