Blizzard Entertainment Reviews

3.8
Blizzard Entertainment President and CEO J. Allen Brack
J. Allen Brack
Pros
Cons
  • "If I had to come up with something it would be that the pay versus cost of living (especially in Irvine) could use some work(in 31 reviews)

• "Work life balance is non-existent; show up for your shift or don't show up at all(in 22 reviews)

1. "the best job in the industry"

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time

Pros

best place to work at

Cons

it takes a lot of hard work

"Good company that has become OK."

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time

Pros

Similar minded people Good pay and benefits Easy work

Cons

Always expect more from people Pressure to get results Becoming more corporate and less fun

3. "Blizzard entertainment is the best place to work"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time

Pros

If you work there you get to work on all the games you know and love

Cons

Salary could be a little higher

Continue reading

"blizzard"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

no cons for blizzard entertainment

5. "Good company"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment part-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere in the company in one of the best I seen,. Great benefits, at lest compared to other companies.

Cons

High levels of secrecy interfering with communications. Fairly high staff turnover causes moderate disruption. Quality of work required is higher than at competitors.

6. "Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Community oriented development. Stable growth. Pay is better than Industry average. Extraordinary talent. Internal mobility is encouraged. Management give free or subsidized games and loot all round the year. Positive Blizzcon experience. Irvine is a family friendly place.

Cons

Pay is lower than other software concerns and also Irvine is quite expensive.

"Great people and great games"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time

Pros

People are professional and friendly and you get to work on games with a global impact

Cons

Lots of pressure and challenges as a large company still trying to grow

8. "No longer in its prime"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're young and get your foot in the door here, the connections you make here can be amazing and that's because you'll inevitably leave the company or be let go either during a reduction in force or reorgs that are still happening but aren't on Kotaku's radar. The campus is great since there's a gym, Starbucks, library, statues and since it's a decent size campus it feels a bit corporate. There's a lot benefit perks too. Having Blizzard on your resume will speak volumes to other employers because they hold Blizzard in such high esteem. That's because they don't see or understand what's going on behind the curtain. The Blizzard CEO is great, he's a home grown employee that really understands what Blizzard is and should be. He just got dealt a bad hand with when he came into his leadership position. I know he's fighting hard to give Blizzard a fighting chance to rise back from the ashes, it's just not going to happen for many many years. Activision is here to stay and they're getting their claws in deep over here. I'd recommend holding off applying here for 1-2 years, especially with the whole COVID situation. Let the company really let the dust settle and understand what kind of employees they really need.

Cons

It's no secret that Blizzard plays on your passion and undercompensates as a result ...unless your name is Bobby and make 30 Million a year. It's not the same, it's not the dream company to work for any more and I was sad to find that out. The culture has changed and they have been wavering from their well-known core values. Activision is calling the shots now and unfortunately there's a lot of tension between Activision and Blizzard employees. There's this sort of entitlement that Activision employees have, and Blizzard employees pick up on it. There's been new hires brought on as Activision Blizzard employees, kind of like a hybrid but still primarily focused on Activision goals. No longer the Blizzard you dream of working at and held on a pedestal for all of these years.

Continue reading
  9. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

- free oatmeal Wednesdays - Starbucks on campus - never a dull day - great coworkers - amazing, collaborative work environment - supportive management

Cons

I've been here for 8 months & have had 4 different bosses now. Teams get re-organized often, so it's kind of tough to be on top of things when people are always moving about, so their work is always exchanging hands which causes delays.

10. "Ok pay sucks"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time

Pros

Good people and fun product

Cons

Pay is pretty bad and bonus is pretty bad

Found 795 reviews