Bloomberg Industry Group Reviews

Updated 26 Jun 2020

3.2
Bloomberg Industry Group CEO Josh Eastright (no image)
Josh Eastright
Pros
  • "The benefits are terrific, as is the work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Good compensation for the cost of living in DC, good benefits and relocation bonus(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "All the reviews about Bloomberg BNA being the red-headed stepchild of Bloomberg LP are true(in 8 reviews)

• "I honestly think BNA doesn't know what it wants to do because upper management says we need to beat Law360(in 8 reviews)

"A great company"

Former Employee - Managing Director in London, England

I worked at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Bloomberg is a fast moving organisation with lots of great opportunities for development.

Cons

Limited opportunities in the UK for leadership roles.

"If you want your sales career to die this is the place"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like chocolate there seems to be an endless supply here, they also have fruit on offer.

Cons

Too many to list, but for the benefit of those looking to work here I will try to be neutral. I can only speak for the UK London office, Sales training is SHOCKINGLY awful. I mean - there is no sales training, you have some videos to watch and some tests on product knowledge, and then you basically come in and the sales manager goes on calls with you, which leaves you with little room to breathe. Other sales managers might be different, but they are all based in the US, the sales structure is strange where there is just one team dealing with sales outside of North America. So no room to progress if you want to move into management you have to wait for people to leave. Treatment of contractors is equal to treatment of second class citizens. Its appalling to see really. Leadership in the office have zero interest in their own employees well being. A lot of fake sincerity and lack of authenticity at the top which kills the motivation of employees. Also leadership sits in glass bowls away from employees - the power distance is ridiculous. No one is happy. I mean no one on the permanent staff seem truly happy. There is a sense that they are all desperate to leave if an opportunity came their way. There are toxic employees too - those who just complain, and emanate with negativity, because they have worked at BNA for years management can't get rid of them. The office is deathly quiet - no one talks, no communication. And when I say no communication I mean it - think about the repercussions regardless of what job you do if people don't talk? Too much unspoken resentment for the MD. Toxic.

"Review"

2.0
     in London, England

I worked at Bloomberg Industry Group

Pros

The products seem to be well respected in the market and I found a lack of outsized egos.

Cons

The office 'atmosphere' is moribund, there seems to be a lack of effective leadership and employee engagement.

Continue reading
  4. "Okay place to work if you have some experience and can negotiate a good base salary"

Current Employee - Tax Law Analyst in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guaranteed raises; 37.5 Hr work weeks; leave the work at the door; personally have a great manager (but have heard horror stories from others); technically allowed to WFH and have condensed work weeks (per the Guild contract) but can be hard to get your manager to approve

Cons

Can feel like you don't matter; things tend to feel like a revolving door; good benefits but they use that fact to stiff you on the pay; can be hard to get some benefits that you are entitled to

5. "Collaborative Environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Team Lead in Arlington, VA

I worked at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time

Pros

Collaborative team members and opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Organizational goals and objectives do not always reflect in the prioritization of work.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for in the DC area

Cons

Nothing that I can think of right now

7. "Great employer"

Former Employee - Product in Arlington, VA

I worked at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bloomberg Industry Group has high standards for its products and services and works hard to get talented people to meet them. This is a well-run organization that invests in employees with good salaries, good benefits, advancement opportunities and a positive work environment.

Cons

The hardest part of my job was responding to changing company objectives. Market trends drive priorities so this may be an occupational hazard.

8. "An awesome company to work for"

I have been working at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at the company over 8 years -- it is a fantastic place to work. The company really takes care of its people. The company culture is dynamic, fast paced, and provides lots of opportunity for continual learning and growth.

Cons

Don't see this as a con, but change and innovation is constant which makes it an exciting place to work if you thrive in that atmosphere

"Nope"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, and some talented people.

Cons

I joined a company with a proud history and promising future. Several years (and several presidents) later, the company I left was a shell of its former self. Largely bereft of its intellectual capital due to repeated layoffs and guided by the shiny object syndrome, it's not a happy place to be.

Continue reading
  10. "Good collaboration among most employees."

2.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Bloomberg Industry Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good collaboration among most employees.

Cons

Most in senior leadership are new and don't understand how the business works.

Found 273 reviews