Bluetree Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bluetree Group Reviews

Updated Nov 1, 2019

4.7
  1. "Cutting Edge Online Printing Company"

Current Employee - Quality and Compliance Manager

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At the cutting edge of the Industry, supports and develops its employees, huge opportunity for advancement, brilliant benefits and friendly and inclusive company ethos.

Cons

Hard work is required at a constantly changing and evolving company

Bluetree Group2019-10-23
  2. "Lot of scope to improve"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Bluetree Group full-time

Pros

Good team as a whole

Cons

Lot of things to improve

Bluetree Group2019-11-01
  3. "Very good"

Former Employee - Experienced Artworker in Rotherham, England

I worked at Bluetree Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good first job, give opportunities to learn new things within each area. Management team are very supportive.

Cons

A lot of change, with it being a fast growing company you need to be prepared for things to change and reformat, but if you’re positive about it you’ll be fine

Bluetree Group2019-09-09
  4. "Brilliant company to work for"

Current Employee - Workflow Specialist in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bluetree Group are a brilliant company to work for with a great work culture. Listens to employee feedback and makes improvements based upon it.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Bluetree Group2019-07-19
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free fruit, constant career development- opportunities to progress, a high support network, delightful colleagues, engaging in-house training with a variety of modules and a hugely passionate and intelligent management team

Cons

The work is challenging- but there is a lot of support though!

Bluetree Group2019-07-17
  6. "The people at here at Bluetree really help the business to develop and grow."

Current Employee - Creative LEad in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When you apply for a job within Bluetree Group you are considered for any position based on the companies behaviour and how you adhere to them. By hiring candidates based on these behaviour it allows the company to create a culture of like-minded people who strive for the very best, working cohesively to achieve world class excellence. Through my experience with the business, and because of this culture you get the... immediate impression that everyone, no matter which department they are in, is willing and wants to help you in anyway they can. The people at here at Bluetree really help the business to develop and grow.

Cons

One of the only downsides to working at Bluetree, and quite honestly has to be one of my only major grievances working for the business (as insignificant as it this may seem) is they operate a two 15 minute break system throughout you workday and a 30 minute lunch break. For the particular department I work in and the way I physically work, I would much rather power through until I can find a opportunity to stop for... lunch and have a full hours break. Not only that, but the company is based on the outskirts of an industrial estate and there is nothing within walking distance to go out to get lunch. If you don't drive you have to make sure you bring food with you because there is no way you're getting to anywhere to buy anything to eat within a 30 minute time frame. Even if you do drive it takes you approximately 20 minutes to get there and back from any place you can buy food leaving you 10 minutes to wolf down your lunch.

Advice to Management

Fortunately Bluetree has a regular 1-2-1 policy in place, and an open door mentality so that any comments, concerns or questions can be addressed directly with your line manager. This allows you to catch up with how things are going within your role, focus your performance efforts within the business and discuss anything directly with you manager for you to work on together. If I did have any advice that I would... wish to pass on to management I would raise it in one of these 1-2-1 sessions.

Bluetree Group2019-07-17
  7. "Amazing forward thinking company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very progressive and forward thinking company. They invest heavily in personal development and the overall management structure is very supportive.

Cons

With such a fast paced company there can be pressures to get things completed but this is always managed in a supportive and realistic way.

8. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Head of CX in Leeds, England

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have loved the last 10 months at Bluetree. It is an innovative fast moving company that fits my career expectations very well. I work with a wonderful team and I enjoy my day-to-day routine.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say.

Bluetree Group2019-07-16
  9. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bluetree is a great place to work, they continue to grow and expand the business while listening to their employees feedback. They provide a wide range of training courses and also provide free fruit!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Bluetree Group2019-07-16

"There's more pro's than cons!"

Current Employee - Artworker in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Bluetree Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've met some great people working here. You can have a laugh with others and it makes the day a lot better. Clean building (you can even have a crack with the cleaners too!) The directors are friendly, they don't shy away from doing a tea run and will always stop and chat Regular training and updates on how the company is doing Weekly pay Shutdown at Christmas Free fruit twice a week Free Bupa Healthcare... after 3 months Regular fun events such as sports day/cake sales/fundraisers Free Parking (although the car park fills up quickly)

Cons

NO sick pay at all. There's compassionate leave/bereavement but no payment for any illnesses or even doctors appointments that you may have etc. You may get a return to work done if you are off if you're lucky, which does state paid or not paid at the bottom, so it looks like it's an option but they're very reluctant to actually pay you. At Bluetree we have a young workforce which isn't a bad thing in itself, but... if you have a family and issues arise, they don't necessarily understand straight away, as it's not a situation they deal with themselves. It's very difficult having a child and working full time but there is no option for part time/ flexible hours which would sometimes be helpful. It's a very fast growing company which seems like a good thing but sometimes with product launches, it's trying to run before it can walk.

Advice to Management

Consider sick pay. I get why this is not an option as you don't want the workforce being paid if they are not being genuine but at least leave this down to managers or have so many paid days/appointments per year. This is the worst thing about working here and I would warn people of straight away as it can be a game changer for pre existing conditions.

Bluetree Group2019-07-19