Booking.com "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Booking.com Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 13 Feb 2020

3.5
Booking.com President and CEO Glenn Fogel
Glenn Fogel
Pros
Cons
  • "Some Team leaders treat their agents differently(in 129 reviews)

• "Customer service department has very high turnover rate(in 100 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great place"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bristol, England

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment Relocation available

Cons

Hard to find a differet position in Bristol. however possibility to relocate

Booking.com2019-06-24
  2. "Hard work but good evaluation"

Former Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist in Cambridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- international working environment, nice personalities to work with - out-of-office events - in.house canteen, fruits and refreshments

Cons

- very strict time management - stressful situations with customers - not much possibilities to a career progress

Booking.com2019-11-05

"Serious problem with the office management"

Former Employee - CSE in Cambridge, England

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers, international work environment, a proper global set up, still the local management and draconian policies that are on basically restricting basic human rights, spoiled something quite good! I worked for CBG office for more than 5 years, and at the start, there was strong management, quite strict but strong, and their decisions were based on the benefits of business (promotions, career development, team structures), not on the basis who is your favourite in the office. Basically, there was a vivid intention to stick to the company's code of behaviour and meritocracy. Thanks to changes of the site managers, (a person got the position based on CV that was, let say, inaccurate), from bad to worse, once a good place to work, in 5 years changed to a place that was unrecognizable! From the best to the worst HR practice!

Cons

Customer service jobs are always difficult, still, as mentioned before, if the company has the right culture, providing enough support, training, downtime, and not pushing unrealistic targets and KPI's year on, it could be a good place to work. Just to sum up the main negatives: Team leaders are 90% local people that forged a strong connection, protecting each other no matter what they have done! Most of them are not highly educated (no degrees), on the other side, most of the employees are foreigners, with a strong international background and high education, they speak several languages, combined with good IT skills and master degree in various subjects. Still, the majority of employees doesn't know UK employment law. The management is fully aware of this fact and constantly takes advantage of young and vulnerable employees. The result is that incidents of bullying and sexual harassment were never handled properly. Just one example: during the post company's social event, a team leader sexually harassed an employee, a member of another team. The best practice, in case of young and vulnerable, would be to put the team leader in another office until the investigation is done (to prevent his influence on people's statements), and actually, the company should have advised the victim to go to the police and report the incident. None of that was put in place, the victim was silenced, and the team leader still works in the same office. HR is one of the weakest links in this business operation, and they just serve one purpose, to aid team leaders whilst firing employees. In spite of that, all serious official complains, submitted via regular company's channels, were never upheld. Even in the case when the members investigating the case and finding that the complaint was based on solid evidence, no appropriate action was taken to make things better. The sick leave policy is appalling, there were instances that employees with cancer were bullied into leaving the company (there is always disciplinary procedure), hence if you have young children, or occasionally suffer from flu or cold, this is not the place for you.

Booking.com2019-10-20

"Great place to learn"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to start or advance your career within marketing and hospitality. Great working environment, offices and chance to travel. Management are great, push you to better yourself and expand knowledge base.

Cons

Long hours, although office has a great view not the easiest to commute to. Opportunities are slim unless you live in London or Amsterdam. The ability to work remotely is there but strict on when you can. Salaries are also very low for what is being asked of staff/revenue generated through staff work.

Booking.com2019-06-30
  5. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in London, England

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comfortable work environment, everyone I have interacted with shows an open and encouraging approach. Company encourages you to be yourself, to take what is unique about yourself and apply it to your day, your work and your team. I've worked in a few contact centres and can say that this is the best I have so far worked for. Great benefits package and flexible shifts allow you to tailor your working week to your needs, lots of events through the year for motivation, diversity and engagement.

Cons

Lack of communication and sometimes unclear procedures. Consistency in approach can make you feel uncertain. Ability to feel lost with the unclear structure in office, sometimes the support from Senior Management can be hard to access as there is often a difference of opinion based on who you speak to.

Booking.com2019-02-10
  6. "Good"

Former Employee - Accommodation Service Executive in Cambridge, England

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- good working environment - canteen - nice and helpful colleagues

Cons

- open office (noisy)

Booking.com2019-02-09
  7. "Area Manager"

I worked at Booking.com full-time

Pros

good working environment, flat relationship

Cons

small office, not allow to use a car

Booking.com2018-03-21

"Good company and good experience"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Work environment Benefits People you work with

Cons

Political decision are being made sometimes

Booking.com2018-01-10

"Great Experience!"

Former Employee - Accommodation Service in Cambridge, England

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

One can improve their cs and communication skills. Discounts and reimbursements when using Booking.com on holidays. Quarter bonus, and yearly activities. Friendly working environment.

Cons

Customer Service positions may not be satisfying in terms of career development after a certain period of time.

Booking.com2017-10-15

Booking.com Response

January 28, 2019The People Team at Booking.com

Thank you for this feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a great experience with us. Because our customer service roles never use scripts, our agents get to develop strong communication and customer service skills. We’re glad you benefited from that, along with our friendly work culture. We appreciate hearing your thoughts on job satisfaction. We believe in giving everyone the opportunities they need to develop. It is true that not all opportunities may be in the local office or that career development may require geographical mobility due to our Global Business. So when employees start to feel that they can grow more, we encourage them to speak with their direct manager and work together on their next move. Many thanks, The People Team at Booking.com

Continue reading
  10. "Great work environment and benefits"

Current Employee - Accommodation Service Executive

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, benefits, social events. Relationship with colleagues. Career development opportunities

Cons

Need to be in your position for 9 months before you can apply for other positions The role itself can get quite repetitive

Booking.com2017-06-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 175 reviews