BookingGo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

BookingGo Reviews

Updated 18 January 2019

3.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Staff Benefits (FREE breakfast)" (in 28 reviews)

• "Great work environment, really feel like I have a voice within the company" (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Communication between departments/buildings" (in 6 reviews)

• "Getting promoted out of the call centre if they struggle replacing you can be a challenge - my reason to leave the company" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Manchester, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had worked as an IT Contractor for over 10 years working for many companies in the North West before accepting a contract at BookingGo. After 3 months into my 6 month contract I enjoyed working at BookingGo much I applied for a permanent position, and I can honestly say its the best move I have ever made. There are many interesting projects to work on and the Technology stack keeps getting better. There are Innovation Weeks, Hackathons, company parties and events run during the year, its a real learning culture.

Cons

Its based in Manchester city centre so its good if you like that kind of location.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work your doing amazing

23 Dec 2018 – People Director

Thanks so much for your review and rating, I'm glad you liked it so much. We'll keep working hard to make it an even better place to work - Ryan

2. "A company that looks after you"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Advisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Advisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very much a family feel, down to earth, approachable support and management, plenty of training and progression opportunities, supportive colleagues (my team are awesome), free fruit, breakfast, tea and coffee, regular fun events and parties. So many benefits and new benefits regularly introduced. Best decision I made joining this company.

Cons

I would like to see the "work from home" scheme introduced to the Customer Relations department.

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to provide monthly, business KPI achievements to the Customer Relations department. We only see feedback from customers who have a post rental query which may distort our view of how happy our customers are overall.

"Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester City Centre, England

I worked at BookingGo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is very upbeat and teamwork is encouraged.

Cons

It's hard to progress if you aren't friends with the right people, and the internal interview process is very opaque.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep the best employees otherwise the knowledge will walk out and go elsewhere.

20 Jan 2019 – People Director

Hi and thanks for your review and rating although I'm clearly concerned about some of the things you say. Not sure when you left but we have recently re-launched our internal recruitment process and... More

"Test Engineer"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Manchester, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and Culture are good.

Cons

The company need to look at and help employees to progress their career.

20 Jan 2019 – People Director

Hi and thanks for your review and rating. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on career progression. Last year more than 200 colleagues were promoted and we have a load of personal development... More

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at BookingGo part-time

Pros

Great friendly place to work, brilliant benefits and opportunities and a great overall culture.

Cons

No cons of working at BookingGo

11 Jan 2019 – People Director

"A workplace with the potential to be good, let down by weak managerial ability"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at BookingGo full-time

Pros

In recent years they've worked to improve benefits and sick pay, and have recently announced some very good changes to the pension scheme.
    The facilities are good; offices are maintained to a high standard.

Cons

After a promising start, I've become disappointed working here. Having worked in similar roles for a few years prior to joining, I took a pay cut to come here on the understanding that Rentalcars would allow me to develop valuable technical skills. Ostensibly the company places importance on developing its people.

However, I've struggled to achieve any success (either personal or for the business) because of a lack of good management. When approached about this, managers gave every indication that they were keen to address the issue, but repeatedly declined to do so (e.g.: not following up on agreed actions; failing to take on board key messages so that I've needed to outline the same problems and solutions each time we have the conversation).

After protracted discussion over a period of several months (during which I haven't seen any attempt at amelioration) managers are now beginning to blame me for the situation - in one case citing a perceived issue with the standard of my work which they claimed to have been made aware of some months prior, but had not shared with me. This has diminished my confidence at work, and trust in senior colleagues.

While the company can lay claim to some laudable initiatives (regarding, for example, ethics, professional development, and diversity & inclusion), it's the management that can make or break a workplace - unfortunately I can't recommend this one.

20 Jan 2019 – People Director

Hiya, I am sorry to hear what you have to say. Have you raised these concerns beyond your manager? I would ask you to pick up either with Dan R or a member of the People Team, it would be good to... More

"Great place to work, great benefits and enjoyable working environment"

Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really looks after their employees and is always making an effort to improve it even more. The staff are well selected and very knowledgable, excellent place to come and further your own knowledge and skills.

Cons

None that I can think of.

6 Jan 2019 – People Director

Hi and thank you, it really is appreciated Ryan

"Amazing atmosphere and great people - I love coming to work!"

Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (constantly being improved), management who care and listen to feedback and take action to improve, great support network from colleagues, the graduate (engineering) scheme is very well organised and really helps you settle into your first job (4 week bootcamp followed by 4x 6 month team rotations + lots of self development), dedicated self-learning time, free fruit, breakfast, tea and coffee with heavily subsidised lunch, casual dress code, , city centre location, great pension scheme enhanced for 2019!

Cons

Some lack of consistency between engineering teams/departments in ways of working (but adds diversity/variety), could offer some additional benefits such as health/dental insurance

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, the company has a really unique feel to it that makes it a place I want to stay for a long time!

6 Jan 2019 – People Director

Hi and thanks for your review and rating it really is appreciated. I'm glad there is so much that you are enjoying and I promise that we will keep working hard to make sure you continue to feel so... More

9. "Benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, unique diversity of people, awesome benefits!

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8 Jan 2019 – People Director

"The people really make the place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Colleagues,
    Free Breakfast,
    Perk Box has some sweet discounts,
    Good progression opportunities

Cons

Systems are getting a bit dated, even the newer ones aren't really the best (But getting better)
    Communication between departments always seem to be a struggle,
    Whilst there has been an increase in the work down regarding Mental Health, I feel that this is more of a plaster on an open wound then something that could (and i'm sure eventually will) make a lasting difference.
    I sometimes feel that the LT avoids questions that are asked of them, an answer should be given to every question.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I'm confident that the leadership team will continue to make BookingGo a fantastic place to work and I think that with a higher emphasis on Mental Health and doing more to ensure that whoever has a question for the LT gets an answer, it will be #1 on Glassdoor very soon.