Boots Opticians Student Dispensing Optician Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boots Opticians Student Dispensing Optician Reviews

Updated Sep 6, 2019

3.7
Boots Opticians CEO James Arrow  (no image)
James Arrow
  1. "A rewarding job, great place to work"

Current Employee - Student Dispensing Optician in York, England

I have been working at Boots Opticians full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not any 2 days are the same, fast paced and very interesting, excellent routes for progression and very rewarding.

Cons

Staff levels always seem to be an issue.

Boots Opticians2019-03-03
  2. "If you fit in with BOL you will love working here, if you don't then you may not stay for long."

Current Employee - Student Dispensing Optician in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Boots Opticians full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company discounts are strong. Accommodating with hours if required. Family feeling within the store.

Cons

Dated systems. Feels behind the times compared with other high street opticians. If you do not work at fitting in with the company you may feel like an outsider.

Advice to Management

Regular feedback with constructive criticism is good to have, this is not done enough. If we had a paperless system the amount of staff required to fill paper records would be free to serve patients. Although there are plans in place to change this they are moving too slowly and we have fallen behind our competitors. The idea of building our own computerised database is good but in my opinion it has not worked and... we should outsource this to an existing provider with a proven system. There is a feel of if you do not think like BOL then you will not progress, no matter how good your ideas are to improve the store or company. There are good people who work here but I have stopped believing in the companies values.

Boots Opticians2019-09-06
  3. "Great Team"

Student Dispensing Optician in Southampton, England

I have been working at Boots Opticians

Pros

(The pros are only for my franchise practice and not the same as Boots corporate employees) - Free pair of glasses annually - 10% off in Boots UK - Family 50% off spectacles - Friends 30% off spectacles

Cons

I do not have any problems working here.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to advise to management.

Boots Opticians2016-10-16