Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 7 Jul 2019

Found 105 reviews

3.1
Pros
Cons
  • "No one in the department seemed to be able to make a decision without checking with 3 lawyers first(in 7 reviews)

• "Very poor management skills and knowledge base(in 5 reviews)

"Better Places to be a Care Manager"

Current Employee - Care Manager

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with the neediest population can be extremely rewarding

Cons

Under current senior leadership, the latest in cost cutting trends is the prime goal. Patient/member needs are no longer a priority and the care managers at the plan are not valued as important contibutors to member health and wellness. The physician controlled hospital based agenda is the driving force of decision making and frequently not in the best interest of members and staff.

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2019-07-07

July 12, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We care deeply about our employees and our members, which is why we strive to create a member/patient focused and inclusive workplace. We realize that we need to do this as a team that's constantly evolving and improving. We are happy to connect offline ...

2. "Many other better heslth plans to work for-don't waste your time"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good HR pretty responsive decent pay

Cons

Management makes promises to new hires they dont keep-sneaky and dishonest Knowledge deficit Difficulty making decision, therefore unable to quickly solve issues for clients Sales makes promises the company is unable to keep

Advice to Management

Be honest-it is a much better look , staff see through the sneakiness and double talk

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2019-06-28

July 12, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. Taking care of our employees is vital to our continued growth and success. We thank you for your feedback and we'll share it with our internal leadership teams to identify areas for improvement.

3. "good place to work if your just starting out"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great coworkers and supervisors - great training, not rushed at all

Cons

- Really high number of calls answered some days can get overwhelming. - Low pay

Advice to Management

great job

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2019-02-27

March 21, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, we value your input. We believe our mission-driven organization is special and we strive to be the best place to work each and every day!

4. "Customer Care Advocate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people feed us all the time extra days off are nice

Cons

commute is awful always watching our time off the phone

Advice to Management

Keep giving us food and activities stop tracking all our time off the phones we need more vacation day promote people faster

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2019-01-12

January 15, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback! Our company offers programs to help our people develop their careers. For example, Skills- based progression program in our call center, job shadowing and mentoring programs!

5. "Customer Service Rep"

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

Vacation is separate from sick time

Cons

Hours , job can get challenging

Advice to Management

Take the time to learn employees

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2019-01-09

January 15, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks so much for the review; we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

"Amazing Organization to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I have been with the company for about 4 years. The leadership led by Susan Coakley is phenomenal in my perspective. They really know how to expand the business and keep it sustainable. Susan does a great job getting down to employee level as well and is quick to address peoples concerns in the organization. Another huge pro is the HR team - the benefits are unbelievable - time off over the industry standard, tuition...

Cons

Leadership on lower levels sometimes does not value employees; people seem to be overworked at times; shine awards don't translate all the way down to the bottom level. Managers could do a better job at finding their employees strength. They would benefit from some team building within smaller teams.

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2018-11-13

December 5, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review; we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

7. "Care Coordinator"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

telework is great. No weekends.

Cons

Now growth opportunities, very poor management. Not enough paid holidays.

Advice to Management

Provide some positive feedback. Promote from within. Be reasonable.

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2018-11-16

"RUN"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Benefits and work from home.

Cons

Very poor management skills and knowledge base. Inconsistent and subjective frequent reviews. No one checking the checker. Supervisors are have horrible disrespect for employees and unable to promote team work.

Advice to Management

Be more in tuned with employees. Provide consistent and objective goals. Eliminate the negativity as well as offer positive feedback. Listen to your staff and act in positive manner. Drug test your management staff!!!

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2018-10-23

December 5, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are happy to connect offline if you'd like to discuss this further and to obtain more feedback about your experience. Please feel free to contact us directly.

9. "Manager"

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great learning environment, fast-paced, ability to grow

Cons

siloed, runs as a start-up, can be stressful

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2018-09-20

December 5, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback. We believe our mission-driven organization is special and we strive to be the best place to work each and every day! Development and growth of our employees is vital to our continued success and we are proud to provide ...

"Promoting talented employees is at a nil"

No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Great pay and benefits for employees

Cons

Bad management, no opportunities for employees to advance. If they have an employee who is more than capable to do job they do not promote seek friends to fill positions. The friends have no personal skills no real drive to work with the current staff only there for the money

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Mold employees so they are not stuck in one job. Management should be more driven to train and promote an employee from within a department. Have managers go to training to learn how to deal with employees

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan2018-08-25

December 5, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for the detailed review and suggestions! We are proud to offer a very competitive benefits program to our employees. We recognize that development for our employees is vital to our continued growth and success. We are proud to have very active mentoring, job shadowing, internship ...

Found 105 reviews