Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Reviews

2.9
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan President Heather Thiltgen
Heather Thiltgen
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great pay and great benefits You develop good relationship with people in other departments(in 11 reviews)

• "Many staff have the opportunity to work from home some or all of the time(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very bad communication between departments and no one wants to take responsibility(in 7 reviews)

• "Very poor management skills and knowledge base(in 6 reviews)

"Lots of Room for Improvement"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Charlestown, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mission driven; opportunities for growth

Cons

Poor management; favoritism drives upward mobility

April 9, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for posting about your experience, the recognition of our mission driven work and career development opportunities. These are certainly very exciting aspects of our work environment and we are proud of that. Our job shadowing and mentor programs continue to be popular vehicles to prepare employees for their next roles. We realize that we can still improve. We’re working to better clarify career trajectory and what it takes to advance with us and that will differ by level and department. We remain strongly committed to upward mobility for our employees.

"Bad Upper Management"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depending on manager, flexible work from home balance. Good health insurance and 401 match. Good mission.

Cons

No transparency from upper management. Lots of moving parts in the exec level with little communication. Benefits and culture has changed a lot since merging with the hospital - not the the same, close culture as a few years ago, as pretty much there is a whole new C suite. Some supervisors aren’t willing to teach so it could be a toss up in your experience and learning.

April 9, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and we’re glad you are satisfied with our remote work options, benefits and company mission. We agree that these are all very important pieces of our employment experience. Regarding your other feedback, it is always a goal of our senior leadership to constantly feed communication to our teams. It is also a priority of our senior leaders to be as transparent as they possibly can be, and we appreciate your insight. Thank you for all that you do.

"Worst Management Ever"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I worked with

Cons

So many- poor communication, no leadership-supervisors just gossip- Manager is clueless

April 9, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for the review. We’re proud of creating an inclusive workplace and we’re proud of all our people that make a difference each day for our members. We understand that the work in our Customer Care department can be demanding. We’re always working to make things better and ensure we have appropriate supports in place. We appreciate your valuable feedback to improve our Service and Operations division.

"Crazy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and work from home

Cons

I can't understand how this place functions. Mangers and directors in the departments have no clue how to do the work. They request work from their employees thats almost impossible to keep up with because of ridiculous case loads. Very bad communication between departments and no one wants to take responsibility. They keep bringing in new management in hopes of changing the culture and improving the business but it always fails. If you are looking for a company that has inclusive diversity in management or some where with actual tools to do your job, or management that respects you, this place is not it.

January 31, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for writing a review. Creating an environment where employees feel supported has always been a top priority for us. We recognize that there is always room for improvement and will continue to strive to be best in class when it comes to employee satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to speak further.

5. "Great Place"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

High pay, Great environment, Workspace

Cons

Hours, Communication with coworkers, Unorganized

January 31, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback. We believe our mission-driven organization is special and we strive to be a great place to work!

"It’s ok"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced great people lots of food

Cons

None yet so just wait

January 31, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks so much for a review; we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We’re constantly working to make our company a fun and engaging workplace.

"RNs - Run the other way!"

Former Employee - SCO RN Care Manager in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working remotely is a definite plus. On paper, the job is also supposed to offer flexibility.

Cons

Ineffective, poor communication skills from managers and supervisors. Contradictions and conflicting information on a day to day basis is very common and extremely frustrating. There is literally no vetting process for hiring supervisors, either. In my 20+ years of professional experience, I have never worked in an environment in which so many people with no business supervising staff were given the responsibility of managing entire teams.

September 25, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working at BMC HealthNet Plan. We believe that all feedback can be helpful as we work hard every day to be both a health plan of choice for our members, as well as a great place to work for our employees. You are absolutely correct, and we agree, that our Senior Care Options program is a wonderful opportunity to serve our members, especially the economically and medically underserved seniors in our communities. The SCO program is an incredibly fulfilling and rewarding experience for clinicians like yourself, and for all of the dedicated employees at BMCHP. We also agree that our remote work and flexibility options are very popular. We’re sorry to hear that you feel like you did not have a good relationship with your supervisor and appreciate your perspective. As you mentioned, effective communication is critical to a successful program and we have provided this feedback to the leadership team to see how this can be improved. Creating an environment where employees feel valued and supported has always been a top priority for us, but we recognize that there is always room for improvement and will continue to strive to be best in class when it comes to employee engagement and satisfaction. If you’re open to discussing your concerns further, please feel free to contact us directly and ask to speak with me.

"Better Places to be a Care Manager"

2.0
    Current Employee - Care Manager

Pros

Work with the neediest population can be extremely rewarding

Cons

Under current senior leadership, the latest in cost cutting trends is the prime goal. Patient/member needs are no longer a priority and the care managers at the plan are not valued as important contibutors to member health and wellness. The physician controlled hospital based agenda is the driving force of decision making and frequently not in the best interest of members and staff.

July 12, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We care deeply about our employees and our members, which is why we strive to create a member/patient focused and inclusive workplace. We realize that we need to do this as a team that's constantly evolving and improving. We are happy to connect offline if you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us directly

"Many other better heslth plans to work for-don't waste your time"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good HR pretty responsive decent pay

Cons

Management makes promises to new hires they dont keep-sneaky and dishonest Knowledge deficit Difficulty making decision, therefore unable to quickly solve issues for clients Sales makes promises the company is unable to keep

July 12, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. Taking care of our employees is vital to our continued growth and success. We thank you for your feedback and we'll share it with our internal leadership teams to identify areas for improvement.

10. "good place to work if your just starting out"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great coworkers and supervisors - great training, not rushed at all

Cons

- Really high number of calls answered some days can get overwhelming. - Low pay

March 21, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, we value your input. We believe our mission-driven organization is special and we strive to be the best place to work each and every day!

Found 111 reviews