Box Reviews

4.4
Box Co-founder and CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie
Pros
Cons
  • "No 401k match (which has been a pain point for many years, and leadership continues to glaze over this despite massive demand from employees)(in 40 reviews)

• "There is no 401k match and honestly Box can do better with making an initiative to do that(in 30 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great culture, dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England, England

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at Box for nearly 7 years and have had a chance to experience work in different functions of the go-to-market business. Box has always strived to help employees succeed. Culture has been always in focus, all the way from recruitment to day-to-day interactions between employees. Box is a very dynamic company, a its product and market keep evolving quickly. As such it's a great fit for people who like to learn and build new skills. The sales process requires interaction across all GTM functions, and the Box team are always ready to help each other.

Cons

Not really a con for me, but prior to applying, it's important to realise that this is a fast moving company. A]s such one needs to be ready to challenge themselves to succeed.

2. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Security Specialist in London, England, England

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Onboarding - Amazing values - Great benefits - Everyone is friendlt and helpful

Cons

- nothing as of yet

3. "Great people"

Current Employee - Strategic Finance in London, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

Smart / entrepreneurial people, easy access to leadership, opportunities for fast career progress, office

Cons

Unstructured processes, no rigid hierarchy so if you are someone that likes it this may not be your favourite place to work

4. "CSM at Box"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in London, England, England

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great company culture creates a collaborative and fun environment - everyone is friendly and more than happy to help you out - product is robust and ever-evolving

Cons

- haven't identified any cons so far

5. "Culture is Great, Almost to a Fault"

Current Employee - GTM Team

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

First of all, I LOVE Box. This company is truly one-of-a-kind and such an amazing company to work for. The people who work here are so incredibly smart and caring that sometimes it's difficult to picture working anywhere else that has the same kind of kindness that Boxers have. Benefits are really great (except 401ks, no matching) and the parental leave is great too.

Cons

While I really love this company, I think they take one of their values "Assume good intent" almost to an extreme. There's almost no accountability at Box which is extremely discouraging for hard workers. When sales people aren't hitting their numbers for well over a year, it's time to cut your losses and fire them. At Box, getting fired is almost unheard of and if you do get fired, then you REALLY messed up. While I wouldn't want to work for a cutthroat environment, I think there's a balance that Box needs to find if it wants to continue promoting hard work and cut some of the fat in the company that bogs us down. Box also needs to do 401k matching and make their salaries more competitive if they want to hold onto their talent. Culture is great but it doesn't pay the bills.

6. "Great companny"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England, England

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

- nice salary and compensation scheme - nice onboarding -nice people -nice growth - nice career mobility within the company

Cons

- time zone differences with the US can be tricky -long recruitment process (up to 6-8 weeks)

Continue reading
  7. "Support and collaboration"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in London, England, England

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every employee is a good person, along with being collaborative, smart, driven and aligned with the Box’s mission. The benefits are amazing! The sales training I have received was excellent. You do need to put the effort but you are rewarded with working with some amazing people and a management team who work hard to bring out the best in you. I’m super excited to be on this new journey at Box.

Cons

Nothing that I have come across

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England, England

I worked at Box full-time

Pros

great product, good company, good teams

Cons

support network was not great

"Every day is a good day @ Box!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been very fortunate to be working at Box for nearly 6 years and in a nutshell working at Box made be love Mondays! I've never left the office feeling relieved to be out of the door, everyday I've had at Box has been a good day even when I've had challenging days. The Box at culture has evolved over the years from when I joined the Box's family in 2014 but I've always held on to our core values "Make Mum Proud!", Take Risk, Fail Fast and GSD whilst adapting to the changing culture as new Boxers join. Apart from my love of the cultural and the wonderful colleagues I've been privileged to have worked with over the years. I have also been exceptionally blessed to have had great managers and regionally leaders supporting, mentoring and championing my efforts and trusting me to take on new challenges with like experience which eventually led to me transitioning to a new and unorthodox career path and for that I will always be truly grateful.

Cons

No one is perfect and there areas for improvement but what is great about Box is we don't shy away from facing up to mistakes and holding ourselves accountable.

"Highly Recommend Avoiding A Career Here"

2.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England, England

I worked at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great benefits including lunch and snacks (not that you can pay your mortgage with mashed potatoes, but still) - Opportunity to travel - Some fun logos as customers - Many people at Box are highly talented and enjoyable to work with

Cons

- Compensation is nowhere near industry or role standard, one of the many reasons a deluge of employees are Elvis'ing right out the building. - Toxic sales culture and because of low performance in-region, bad behaviour is allowed to continue within the business, permeating a sense of disrespect and mistrust. - Constantly repairing other peoples errors due to bad hiring and a lack of care through the sales organisation - Hiring is nonsensical at times and some hires are as confusing as they are quick to roll right back out the revolving door (there used to be a slide, it should have been kept to speed up the exits) - Weak leadership (where there is any) and a constant churn in employees and leaders has not only created a Libyan style power-vacuum but also created a blurry strategy which is impossible to implement. - The biggest con, sadly, is that the "sinking ship" atmosphere led to poor decision making, many people leaving (including not by choice) and a toxic environment and culture. I would think very seriously before considering a career at Box.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 644 Reviews