Brandwatch Employee Reviews about "brighton"

Updated Jul 8, 2021

Found 14 of over 201 reviews

4.0
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Working with great minded and a clever bunch of dynamic people is the highlight of everybody’s day at Brandwatch(in 29 reviews)

• "Lots of flexible work benefits, and focus on work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unfortunately, you cannot work remotely from a country where brandwatch does not have a branch office(in 23 reviews)

• "Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

229 Comments

Tech

85.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Brandwatch~716341
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "brighton"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Jul 8, 2021 - Administrative in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

really good day to day perks and emplyee wellbeing

Cons

Not competitive in salary for brighton

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sly attitude to force you to leave

Feb 4, 2020 - Marketing Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- London office had good vibes from legacy Crimson Hexagon staff - Always catered for and looked after, not as much after the merge - I could WFH and have flexible control over my work

Cons

- They will change your job spec to make you feel you need to leave - Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London - The leadership team are a bit arrogant and cocky when it comes to competition. Saying you want to put someone out of business, yet losing so many accounts, big accounts to them is not a good start!

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I never should have left.

Feb 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brandwatch is a wonderful bubble you don't realise you're in until you leave. It's full of exciting opportunities, and everyone is absolutely on top of their game and striving to be better which in turns encourages you to be the best at what you do. Yes you work hard and smart, but there's no micro management (there simply isn't the time) and you're often empowered to go and run with an idea. everyone has great levels of autonomy. The people are incredible, like a breed you don't find anywhere else and they genuinely care about each other. There's some amazing socials, parties, free fruit, drinks, fooseball, all the things you'd expect to see in a Brighton based start up. In hindsight, I should've looked for opportunity within the business, because they are there, you just need to find them.

Cons

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the day to day but it's essential you identify that and share any frustrations early on, people will listen. ake it clear early on what your ambitions and goals are. It really is a great place to work.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

May 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Interesting range of clients (including lots of big name brands) which are fun and challenging projects to work with • Good accountability as a team of colleagues. We do what we say we will do. I feel that we have common values and goals in our work. • Opportunities to put yourself forward to get involved in cross-company projects, and move across departments or roles • A powerful product and an established market leader in the Social Listening space. Regularly bring out new product features to benefit our clients. • Meetings are capped to 30mins or 1 hour (this is partly due to demand of the meeting rooms – but this is good compared to former workplaces where meetings drag on unnecessarily!) • Very good IT and tools/systems to collaborate internationally. Monthly global meeting where we hear from leadership and colleagues. • Pat is a really good leader of Customer Success (the part of the organisation that I’m in) with many female leaders. A motivating team to be part of. • Great location of the office with discounts at local cafes, free pastries on Fridays, free fruit, good coffee etc • Nice office with standing desks if you want to request one • New people are made to feel welcome and valued. In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful. • Good work/life balance. Almost always leave on time at 5:30.

Cons

• I would like there to be more healthcare perks (e.g. dental, optical and health insurance) • No salary ranges on job ads and this is only discussed later in the application process. I still have no idea how my salary compares to other people in equivalent/ similar roles. • Regular changes of internal structures and processes. While it’s good to be agile and responsive, this can also have negative impacts on people’s roles and on clients. • As with many SaaS products, there is room for improvement in customer journey and enabling clients to get the most out of the platform • This one is more about the market than BW as a workplace. The product, like any Social Listening product, relies quite heavily on data coverage (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc). There are external threats (such as consumer privacy concerns, legislation) which might mean this data becomes less readily available, and impact the value of social listening to businesses. Brandwatch and others need to be aware of this and not place too much risk on 1 or 2 channel providers.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Supercharged my career

May 3, 2018 - Vice President Engineering in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been able to do about 10 years of career growth in half the time. Plenty of opportunity within the company if you are intelligent, hard-working and able to work well with others. Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent. The company is very flexible with working from home arrangements and start/end times. Just talk to your manager. My colleagues are smart, inspiring and I learn a lot from them. I still feel like I am making a significant difference in my day-to-day work. I am excited about the future of our company and this market.

Cons

Raw salary is less than equivalent work in London, but there are other benefits for high performing staff. I was here over the initial fast growth period and was therefore able to grow into more senior positions as they were created. That is harder for newer recruits. As an engineer, the software is not the kind of stuff I use myself, so it's harder to understand the users that we build for.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still the best placed I've ever worked

May 3, 2018 - Engineer in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked here for over 5 years; I turned down quite a few good opportunities to join Brandwatch and haven't regretted it for a second. As others have noted, the key strength of the company is its strong culture. I'm surrounded by wonderfully intelligent, compassionate, and driven colleagues. Imposter syndrome is almost instant, and can be overwhelming, but the support you have in the Engineering department is fantastic - if you approach your work with the right attitude then a great career is ahead of you. I've had the privilege of getting to know most of the C-suite at least reasonably well, and strongly believe that their hearts are in the right place. Yes, there are mistakes. These are usually openly acknowledged and discussed in my experience. What Giles and the team have managed to build over the last decade is quite remarkable though, and I'm hopeful for the future. From an Engineering-specific point of view, I have a huge amount of time for Dave Jones, the CTO. He's tremendously sharp, optimistic, encouraging, and a great problem solver. The department seems to be going from strength to strength. I've seen plenty of smart people have brilliant opportunities open up to them during my time here, and I myself have benefited hugely from the flexible and supportive culture here. Ask questions, propose ideas, talk to people, and you'll have a marvellous time here. As an aside, the management training is the best I've seen or heard of - I had a fantastic time with it, it's the best thing a company has ever provided for me.

Cons

I don't have a problem with pay myself, and would encourage others to think holistically about what they want. Yes, you can get more in London, and perhaps even in Brighton, but the growth opportunities at this company are huge, and it's hard to put a price on looking forward to going to work each day. Still, I know it's a bugbear for some. Also, this is a company that is growing, and often figuring things out for the first time. There have been mistakes made, and there will be more. If you expect complete stability, you'll likely be disappointed. Expect for there to be changes, and expect them to be openly discussed (if they aren't then talk to your manager). These are difficult waters to navigate and sometimes changes need to be made.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Happy to be part of Brandwatch

May 4, 2018 - Data Scientist in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

– really helpful & lots of support from all kind of employees – very good equipment – regular exchange about "what is in my mind" – salary is above average in Germany (I'm voluntarily in Brighton) – the opportunity to get insights into various departments – nice product

Cons

– more opportunities for inter-department communication – salary is below average in the UK (Brighton is quite expensive)

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Careful what you sign up for! Desperate for positive reviews ....stay away!!!

May 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

CIty center location a lot of unhealthy snacks...if that is what you like free cereals in the morning

Cons

where to start? Event he lowest management is not able to actually manage people. Most of those who have reports do have skills, makes me wonder how they got there! Money is mismanaged, knowbody cares. They spend loads of money for a company wide summer meeting for just one day, flying anybody into Brighton. Budgets for local offices is slashed because of this. HR is a mess, whith people that carry fancy titles but how no clue and are not open to change. Very passive-aggressive vibe in the support areas (finance, HR, admin) No career path. C-suit keep talking about it but no outcome since 3-4 years! They just keep talking until those that are feed up...just leave. If you do not brown-nose you get the boot. Almost daily one-on-one that do not yield any outcome but give the illusion of being connected and valued (?). In case you have a valid point, one gets shut down, aka. "I am the manager, I put my foot down!" If your manager does not like you have hard times and will implement a PIP in order to cover themselves in case company wants to fire you. if you have served your purpose you are discarded. Culture and Values just a corporate statement, however not lived Bike2work, pension contribution etc. is sold a generous benefit, although either statutory minimum (pension) or no real costs for company (bike2work). Discounts for gym membership: well this is just for one gym and the discount is ca. 5 GBP/month for a gym that is not even that good. All in all, the company is run by very entitled millennials and therefore it is just like one expects at High School. Do not even think about equal pay for equal work...does not happen and rather way below market standard.

17 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Only good things to say

Dec 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has good environment and great people. The balance between familiar and work life is also good.

Cons

Maybe the salary is a little bit below average, especially for an expensive city like Brighton.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Forward-thinking, flexible & fun

Oct 11, 2016 - Account Manager in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive environment Multicultural Challenging Rewarding Excellent perks (table tennis, fusball, drinks, events, parties, spontaneous rewards and activities) Work life balance is on point Perfect location - most historic, beautiful part of Brighton and close enough to the coast for lunch-time sea swimming club in the summer

Cons

American counterparts can sometimes feel segregated but the management do their best to ensure they are included in all launches/events/social activities

1 person found this review helpful