Brandwatch Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 13 of over 203 reviews

3.8
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Working with great minded and a clever bunch of dynamic people is the highlight of everybody’s day at Brandwatch(in 29 reviews)

• "Lots of flexible work benefits, and focus on work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unfortunately, you cannot work remotely from a country where brandwatch does not have a branch office(in 23 reviews)

• "Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

112.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Brandwatch~716341
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company for the people

Feb 26, 2021 - Marketing in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with great minded and a clever bunch of dynamic people is the highlight of everybody’s day at Brandwatch. A really cool product Work life balance Excellent maternity package

Cons

Salary could be higher Pension employer contributions could be better

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be fun, but losing its way lately

Nov 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great colleagues who really care about you and trust you - Good work life balance

Cons

- Recently acquired by a large corporation. The erstwhile "small company" feeling is long gone. - Falling behind in remote working support - Salaries, especially senior and up, really need improving - Lots of reliance on long tenured employee's goodwill

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Engineering scaling pains

Sep 8, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people. Kind, empathetic. Lots of flexible work benefits, and focus on work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of experienced senior engineering leadership. An unwillingness to bring in senior individuals that have experience in scaling engineering teams from start-up to medium size. This leads to poor structuring and organisation of both teams and software, and ultimately significant drag in delivery.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

May 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Interesting range of clients (including lots of big name brands) which are fun and challenging projects to work with • Good accountability as a team of colleagues. We do what we say we will do. I feel that we have common values and goals in our work. • Opportunities to put yourself forward to get involved in cross-company projects, and move across departments or roles • A powerful product and an established market leader in the Social Listening space. Regularly bring out new product features to benefit our clients. • Meetings are capped to 30mins or 1 hour (this is partly due to demand of the meeting rooms – but this is good compared to former workplaces where meetings drag on unnecessarily!) • Very good IT and tools/systems to collaborate internationally. Monthly global meeting where we hear from leadership and colleagues. • Pat is a really good leader of Customer Success (the part of the organisation that I’m in) with many female leaders. A motivating team to be part of. • Great location of the office with discounts at local cafes, free pastries on Fridays, free fruit, good coffee etc • Nice office with standing desks if you want to request one • New people are made to feel welcome and valued. In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful. • Good work/life balance. Almost always leave on time at 5:30.

Cons

• I would like there to be more healthcare perks (e.g. dental, optical and health insurance) • No salary ranges on job ads and this is only discussed later in the application process. I still have no idea how my salary compares to other people in equivalent/ similar roles. • Regular changes of internal structures and processes. While it’s good to be agile and responsive, this can also have negative impacts on people’s roles and on clients. • As with many SaaS products, there is room for improvement in customer journey and enabling clients to get the most out of the platform • This one is more about the market than BW as a workplace. The product, like any Social Listening product, relies quite heavily on data coverage (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc). There are external threats (such as consumer privacy concerns, legislation) which might mean this data becomes less readily available, and impact the value of social listening to businesses. Brandwatch and others need to be aware of this and not place too much risk on 1 or 2 channel providers.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Supercharged my career

May 3, 2018 - Vice President Engineering in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been able to do about 10 years of career growth in half the time. Plenty of opportunity within the company if you are intelligent, hard-working and able to work well with others. Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent. The company is very flexible with working from home arrangements and start/end times. Just talk to your manager. My colleagues are smart, inspiring and I learn a lot from them. I still feel like I am making a significant difference in my day-to-day work. I am excited about the future of our company and this market.

Cons

Raw salary is less than equivalent work in London, but there are other benefits for high performing staff. I was here over the initial fast growth period and was therefore able to grow into more senior positions as they were created. That is harder for newer recruits. As an engineer, the software is not the kind of stuff I use myself, so it's harder to understand the users that we build for.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuinely great place to work

Oct 19, 2017 - Java Developer in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open, honest and supportive culture. Teams and individuals are given a lot of freedom to work in whatever way best suits them. Great work-life balance. Management understands that stress and overworking people is bad for productivity in the long run. Surrounded by talented and intelligent people who are always happy to help Great set of benefits (top notch coffee machine, great selection of free drinks and snacks, massages) Good opportunities for developing technical skills (reading groups, tech talks, 10% of time can be spent on personal development)

Cons

Pay isn't competitive (for developers, at least) There's some politics that goes on at higher levels and in other department.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Good Life

Apr 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work / life balance; arrive on-time in the morning, leave on time at the end of the day. - Great company culture; games and other fun stuff to do whilst at and out of work. - Amazing place to develop your skills in whatever discipline you work in. - Possibility of progression seems healthy. - Salary is reasonable - Some lovely perks; free food, massages, juicebar and pastries. Whilst I could not say the job is perfect, in the real world this seems about as good as it gets. It's a genuinely fun and stimulating place to be, as well as a good place to develop a career.

Cons

With that said, the product is not as polished as it could be which can cause frustrations to filter down.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's not for everybody. It's what you make of it. But worth it, if you can survive.

Feb 8, 2017 - User Experience Designer in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brandwatch is very very tough. The expectation, the pressure, the ambition. It can make your career if you know how to navigate the complexity, and don't take it all too personally - which at times is challenging. The people - they mostly hire amazing, lovely, ambitious people. The location - the office, where it's situated. It's all so lovely and bright and modern. The work life balance - it's not perfect, but I found they came down on the side of generosity when one needed help. The ambition - they're dreaming big. It's exciting and intoxicating. The vision - we didn't always get product and design right, but we cared, and we tried to take bigger risks than most.

Cons

The growth - a nice complaint to have is the rate of growth. New customers and new employees bring new issues. This has an impact on feelings of stability and common understanding. The ambition - getting from where we are to the future is often unclear. That's not unique to Brandwatch, but they have as-yet unresolved problems with delivering on that ambition. The vision - great at coming up with the big ideas - not the best at identifying winners and getting them to market as quickly as possible. In my opinion, this frequently come down to a lack of support -often for purely political reasons- from that influential minority within engineering. The processes - Agile is misunderstood and abused. Again, nothing unique to Brandwatch, but it has repercussions. The stress - we could do a much better job to manage the stress, and turn it to pressure, by building trust The macho culture - there's too many big male egos at those high levels. The CEO is a genuinely nice thoughtful, and at times, visionary person, but can be inconsistent, contradictory and extremely difficult to manage. Engineering can be really cut-throat. The political machinations of middle-managers is toxic ad stressful, compared to other divisions. This is the primary reason I left, which I very much did not want to do, but I clearly understood I could not affect any positive change at that time.

9 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Forward-thinking, flexible & fun

Oct 11, 2016 - Account Manager in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive environment Multicultural Challenging Rewarding Excellent perks (table tennis, fusball, drinks, events, parties, spontaneous rewards and activities) Work life balance is on point Perfect location - most historic, beautiful part of Brighton and close enough to the coast for lunch-time sea swimming club in the summer

Cons

American counterparts can sometimes feel segregated but the management do their best to ensure they are included in all launches/events/social activities

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Software Engineer

Feb 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Stuttgart
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I have ever worked for. A lot of very smart people. The company stands at a very high technological level. Super product. CEO who has a vision and goals for the company and you can talk to him even if you are a regular employee. Good Work/Life Balance

Cons

Unfortunately, you cannot work remotely from a country where brandwatch does not have a branch office.

Be the first to find this review helpful