Bright Purple Resourcing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 27 November 2018

3.9
Paul Curry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time

Pros

The culture here is brilliant, opportunities for progression are fantastic and the leadership team know how to run a successful business

Cons

The instant coffee wasn’t great so we have a fantastic new coffee machine now

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing

2. "Great culture and good chance to earn money."

Current Employee - Senior Talent Delivery in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Delivery in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time

Pros

Great culture, really good environment. Office has a fresh modern feel and centrally located (we also have a fuseball table!)

Management team are approachable and feels like your input is valued. The office hours are also 9-5 which is rare in recruitment, good work/life balance.

Cons

Cant think of anything significant enough to mention.

3. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Business Partner in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Financial Business Partner in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bright Purple is a great place to work with modern offices, career opportunities & great colleagues. Management are very understanding when it comes to offering flexible working for working parents.

Cons

Too much hilarity in the office!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Great team"

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great candidate experience throughout the interview process, from initial contact to interviews and to an offer being made

Passionate and experienced management

Welcoming team

Good induction and on-boarding, where everyone gets involved but where this is also a set point of contact

Lovely offices and a good central location- great views over Edinburgh Castle

Career opportunities/Professional and Personal development seems really good so far

Cons

Too soon to have found any Cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good induction and onboarding strategy

5. "Okay"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office. Good resources. Nice people. Name been for years so candites and clients know who bright purple are which is sometimes good but sometmes puts new clients off

Cons

Seniors keeps changing. Change of model for sales an delivery. Tp many chiefs and managers. struggles to get business back to where it was as senior directors left so we start all over again. Always seems to be the next time we will crack it

6. "I recently joined Bright Purple Resourcing"

Current Employee - Talent Delivery Specialist in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Talent Delivery Specialist in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bright Purple Resourcing really appealed to me when searching for my next challenge. I met with the management team at interview and they are fantastic, very personable, passionate and they really care about the team. The office is beautiful - fantastic views! It's a very ambitious team with a drive to continue to be the best!

Cons

My impression so far of Bright Purple Resourcing has been very positive so there are no negatives to report - long may this continue.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work - I am really looking forward to working with you all and developing my career.

7. "Strong Induction"

Current Employee - Talent Resourcing Specialist
    Current Employee - Talent Resourcing Specialist

Pros

As a new recruiter coming from a different industry background there is a strong, structured approach to learning all of the skills required for the job. There is a clear plan for new starts and their journey to building the business.
    Great, central location in lovely offices. Good perks for employees. Happy working environment.

Cons

As expected, there is a lot to learn!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :)

8. "SOLID"

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Commission Scheme / Flexible Working / Understanding management / Loads of opportunity / Great Location / dress down Fridays / no KPI's despite what is written in other comments which I find bizarre?

Cons

Senior Management has changed a fair bit and when it does so does the business. If you do not respond to well change then working in a small company may be more challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Be more supportive of people who are unhappy because it is usually the industry and agency aspect they dislike and not the company, they just do not see this.

9. "Highly Recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company with a real drive towards employee happiness and genuinely different to other agencies. Working hours are 9 - 5 which is unheard of in recruitment plus an element of flexi time. No threshold on commission along with sensible and achievable targets made it a relaxed and enjoyable place to work. Management believe in career development which is often overlooked in this industry. Encouraged to be out meeting people as much as possible rather than phone bashing 24/7. A great place for someone looking to start their career in recruitment or for more senior consultants looking for a change. Strong list of really good clients which rows daily. Above everything else the team of consultants and back office staff at Bright Purple are fantastic, really nice people who will offer any help and support they can!

Cons

Honestly not many at all, as long as you put the effort in and have the right attitude it's a brilliant place to work....although free fruit would be nice

10. "Wow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Bright Purple Resourcing full-time

Pros

Progressive, wilfully not like the competition. Flexible working hours. 5pm finish. Modern Offices. UK and International work and live accounts. Informed people. Fun. Fantastic Location. Possibly the best commission structure around. Structured Learning. A place where professional people can have a career and advance skills and knowledge of business. This is SME with big culture and vision in action.

Cons

You need to be smart and inquisitive. To understand how the business operates and what it really is requires business acumen. Not for people that just want to order take.

Advice to Management

Hire lots more smart people.