Brightpearl Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Brightpearl Reviews

Updated 23 Jan 2020

4.1
Brightpearl CEO Derek O'Carroll (no image)
Derek O'Carroll
Pros
  • "There are some great people working(in 5 reviews)

• "Good work-life balance, excellent support of family life and great working environment with fresh ideas and warm people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast paced nature of a tech start-up means that sometimes strategic decisions are rushed, which can be frustrating(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

"Modern, impressive and cutting-edge technology in a friendly environment"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very modern application with people who know what they are doing and are constantly switched on for new successes. Good work-life balance, excellent support of family life and great working environment with fresh ideas and warm people.

Cons

Needs to work more on the values and the culture but already making big steps.

Brightpearl2018-11-12
  2. "Good industry, bad employer"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bristol, England

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you get to work with in your team are all really nice and create a good working atmosphere.

Cons

The senior management don’t take any time to get to know you or create a good atmosphere. They make redundancies without any consultation process around it and it happens completely out of the blue. As the company doesn’t really expand there are no real progression opportunities within your role. There are a few staff that have been there a while that get the promotions but the new staff stay in the same role and if the business gets into trouble they are the first to go.

Advice to Management

Realise that your staff are more than just a commodity

Brightpearl2020-01-23

"Great company with progressive culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to work, culturally and there are some amazing people contributing to the success of the company. Everyone has the opportunity to excel in their career, bring something to the table, have their ideas heard and management are open to feedback. There is so much variety every day with different projects, which keeps things interesting. There’s always new initiatives/introduction of benefits to motivate, retain and attract top talent, which makes you feel valued and the culture alive.

Cons

It’s fast paced and you need to be a self-starter which isn’t for everyone and the variety / change of priorities can be difficult to navigate but keeps it interesting.

Advice to Management

Continue embedding values so it shines through across the business and invest in your top talent for continued success

Brightpearl2019-04-30

"Fast Times, Exciting Future"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cutting edge sector. Very lucky to have joined this company as I now know they are about to become a major player due to the leadership of the CEO and management. A lot of opportunities to progress your career here if you are willing to work hard and be imaginative. Having worked for other tech companies I would really rate this one. Most of the staff are great to work with and everyone is really feeling the energy of things happening! Bristol is also a really nice place to live having come from London.

Cons

Like any company on the verge of major success, you have to be able to move fast so that means putting in a lot of time and being adaptable but the big decisions the CEO has made are being proven to be right. He moves at a great pace so if you're looking for a soft job with a stagnant future then this probably isn't the company for you?

Advice to Management

More parking spaces would be good!!!

Brightpearl2018-06-19

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Briston, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has great vision along with a great sense of direction, from all involved. The leadership is fantastic, and there is a real sense that the company understand what expectations are year on year. The customer first approach is a refreshing one, you need customer to have a business! There is a great culture in which everyone pulls together, working hard you see results and rewards. There is the opportunity for progression if you are up for the challenge.

Cons

The environment is fast, and challenging at times, which doesn't always suit everyone, but I love it. A couple more employee benefits would be nice to see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Brightpearl2018-06-19

"Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company with a really powerful product with some very passionate customers Leadership are growing the company in the right way, and it's growing fast Everyone gets along

Cons

Growth doesn't come without issues

Advice to Management

A bonus scheme would be nice for those outside of sales but in terms of the business - keep doing what you're doing

Brightpearl2018-06-14

""Swipe Right" Best decision I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best decision I ever made! -My role keeps progressing and management are happy to change with my strengths. -Very flexible with working from home to enable me to manage childcare. -Happy to leave me to get on with it as long as all my work is done by the deadlines and I achieve my targets -I find Management have always listened to my suggestions and yes even the odd time I had concerns they listened and acted. -This is a start up (progressing upward very quickly) and so of course you can't have your hand held all the time, you need to take your work and run and I guess that kind of pace doesn't suite everyone. -My hard work has always been recognised and that says a lot. (and yes often you have to do work not on your contract but so what I am happy to extend myself.)

Cons

Very limited parking spaces (but they have allowed me 3 days a week) I hear many comment that a 6pm end is very late. (because I have to fetch kids I can finish at 5pm and do an extra hour from home - see they are very flexible!)

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are - It has been a long and hard journey but Brightpearl has been sculpted and formed into a spaceship ready to reach the stars. Unfortunately that did mean a bit of pruning along the way but that had to be done to make the teams as effective as they are.

Brightpearl2018-06-16

"Nice staff, terrible management and direction. Massive blame culture"

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the whole, people who work at Brightpearl are lovely and there’s nearly always a social activity going on.

Cons

As stated in numerous reviews, the leadership team is the real issue at Brightpearl. There is lack of procedure, processes and any forward planning. The leadership team seem to think that problems can be solved by a complete 180 on direction and plans (with no forewarning or consultation with the people who actually do the work). There is also a huge problem with blame culture and it’s very difficult to actually succeed in your role. The more responsibility you take on, the more risk you have of being blamed for anything that goes wrong. The CEO and the senior leadership team are the real problem with the business, they aren’t invested in their staff, they don’t care about the career development of the people they employ (despite claiming they do). They say all the right things but don’t deliver on anything they promise. It’s sad to see as the company has a lot of potential to do really well but it just seems to be run by money hungry people, who don’t care about the people they employ. Wouldn’t recommend working here.

Brightpearl2018-06-15

"Best place I’ve ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very experienced and ambitious leadership team. If you don’t mind working hard, taking pride in what you do, going the extra mile for the customers then you will be rewarded and looked after. The company has a “customer first” mantra, and forms part of almost every decision - never known a company put customers at the heart of everything they do, and it shows. It’s a winning culture, it’s fast paced, it’s challenging, but what else do you want!

Cons

Sadly there are still people (as you can read from other reviews!), who aren’t comfortable with change, with a fast pace environment where you have to give 110%! You can blame management, you can blame the software (which is industry LEADING), or you can just acknowledge that it’s not for you.

Advice to Management

Hire A team people only, and do whatever you can to keep them motivated and rewarded

Brightpearl2018-02-02

"Swipe Left"

I worked at Brightpearl full-time

Pros

There are some great people working @brightpearlHQ (although many have seen the writing on the wall and are leaving/ have left). Decent fringe benefits apart from uncompetitive salaries: flexible working hours, med & dental insurance, good team spirit. Fun social side.

Cons

CEO doesn't deliver on his promises to employees (eg: remuneration and company objectives). Ineffectual senior managers who don't listen to the employees. Stagnant career progression. No investment in the product - CEO is looking to sell up.

Advice to Management

1. Find a CEO with integrity 2. Listen to and act on advice from your employees 3. Fix the damn product - don't get distracted by shiny shiny.

Brightpearl2018-01-08