Brightpearl Reviews

Updated 6 Jan 2021

4.4
Brightpearl CEO Derek O'Carroll (no image)
Derek O'Carroll
Pros
Cons
  • "It's fast paced with priorities shifting daily sometimes and even the monotonous tasks vary(in 7 reviews)

• "This is a rapidly growing company and you need to be able to adapt well to change in direction(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Great company that actually care"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of companies talk a lot about caring about their staff but Brightpearl actually do, This is the first company I have worked for that actually back up their talk about culture and show in genuine interest. From my day I was made to feel extremely welcomed and valued and that has continued. They made sure I had everything to do my job from home to the smallest detail, again, nothing was too much trouble. Management are very transparent with plans and are very open. The company is growing very quickly and you are made to feel a part of this by everyone. It can't be easy for an employer to take on new staff and train them during the pandemic but it has been a seamless transition. Brightpearl also have invested in a new office space in the UK which looks fantastic but are keen to carry on with flexible working options, which is amazing. If you are not willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in then it may not be the right option but if you are looking to challenge yourself, work with amazing people and be a part of something that is genuinely exiting then this is the place for you.

Cons

Only con is not being able to meet your colleagues due to the pandemic but that is not Brightpearl's fault!

Continue reading

"Great employer and excellent culture"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is ace at Brightpearl. Everyone is willing to help out and get involved in supporting you with any questions you have. The onboarding process was really smooth especially given the current climate. There's a lot of opportunity to help grow the company and feels like a great industry to be involved in now.

Cons

Nothing specific. It is a fast growing and hardworking company, but you feel rewarded for the hard work.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - CRO in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is still growing during these difficult times and is very supportive to all employees. Good work life balance and really encourages promotion from within.

Cons

The normal start-up challenges of any fast growing company.

"Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Nice team Good management

Cons

Hectic schedule which requires long working hours

"Fun, Fast growing, Collaborative Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to learn and progress in your role Friendly work environment where collaboration is encouraged, I've learnt about everything from Project Management to Sales - great to have a basic knowledge for other areas of the business Good rate of pay and flexible working policy which allows for a better than average work/life balance Exciting company in a competitive sector

Cons

It can get very busy sometimes!

Brightpearl Response

March 9, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to see that you are enjoying the opportunities and the collaborative ways of working. We'd love the opportunity to improve so please contact either HR or your local Office Manager or me directly, to tell us more about your feedback regarding your on-boarding experience.

6. "Good industry, bad employer"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Bristol, England

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you get to work with in your team are all really nice and create a good working atmosphere.

Cons

The senior management don’t take any time to get to know you or create a good atmosphere. They make redundancies without any consultation process around it and it happens completely out of the blue. As the company doesn’t really expand there are no real progression opportunities within your role. There are a few staff that have been there a while that get the promotions but the new staff stay in the same role and if the business gets into trouble they are the first to go.

Brightpearl Response

January 31, 2020Office and Operations Manager

It is disappointing to learn that you had a negative experience. Everyone in Brightpearl is working very hard to ensure the success of the organization, and we try to plan opportunities during the work day and in the evening for all employees to hang out, have fun, team build and just unwind from the day. These are a great way to improve relationships across all levels of the company. Redundancy decisions have never been taken lightly. It is a very confidential process and is designed to give as much privacy to the affected employees as possible. It is not something that all employees will have advance notice of, and while we know that seemingly quick change can be difficult for others to understand, we always offer discussions with managers and HR should you have any questions. When we are in a position to share information, we often use our monthly All Hands meetings as the forum, so that our employees hear directly from our CEO and Executive team about strategic direction, progress and updates, allowing time for Q&A, in addition to our other feedback channels that are always available to everyone in the Company. We offer biannual performance reviews and regular check-ins with line managers, to provide opportunities and framework for growth and development discussions. We encourage employees to think about how they are contributing to the success of the company and advertise roles internally, so that anyone can talk with their manager about their development and progression, and take opportunities as they arise. We have a history and reputation of promoting from within the organization and creating career paths between teams, and we are always delighted to reward and recognize talent and contribution. Thank you for your feedback and giving us a chance to reflect and respond to your comments.

"Great company with progressive culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to work, culturally and there are some amazing people contributing to the success of the company. Everyone has the opportunity to excel in their career, bring something to the table, have their ideas heard and management are open to feedback. There is so much variety every day with different projects, which keeps things interesting. There’s always new initiatives/introduction of benefits to motivate, retain and attract top talent, which makes you feel valued and the culture alive.

Cons

It’s fast paced and you need to be a self-starter which isn’t for everyone and the variety / change of priorities can be difficult to navigate but keeps it interesting.

Continue reading

"Modern, impressive and cutting-edge technology in a friendly environment"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very modern application with people who know what they are doing and are constantly switched on for new successes. Good work-life balance, excellent support of family life and great working environment with fresh ideas and warm people.

Cons

Needs to work more on the values and the culture but already making big steps.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Briston, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has great vision along with a great sense of direction, from all involved. The leadership is fantastic, and there is a real sense that the company understand what expectations are year on year. The customer first approach is a refreshing one, you need customer to have a business! There is a great culture in which everyone pulls together, working hard you see results and rewards. There is the opportunity for progression if you are up for the challenge.

Cons

The environment is fast, and challenging at times, which doesn't always suit everyone, but I love it. A couple more employee benefits would be nice to see.

Continue reading

"Fast Times, Exciting Future"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cutting edge sector. Very lucky to have joined this company as I now know they are about to become a major player due to the leadership of the CEO and management. A lot of opportunities to progress your career here if you are willing to work hard and be imaginative. Having worked for other tech companies I would really rate this one. Most of the staff are great to work with and everyone is really feeling the energy of things happening! Bristol is also a really nice place to live having come from London.

Cons

Like any company on the verge of major success, you have to be able to move fast so that means putting in a lot of time and being adaptable but the big decisions the CEO has made are being proven to be right. He moves at a great pace so if you're looking for a soft job with a stagnant future then this probably isn't the company for you?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 English Reviews