Brightside Employee Reviews about "management team"

Updated 17 Nov 2019

3.4
Brightside CEO Brendan McCafferty   (no image)
Brendan McCafferty
Pros
  • "Good location, free parking and decent staff benefits(in 10 reviews)

• "The 'minions' are really great people, bonding with other staff in the face of adversity(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not many career progression opportunities, just senior or team leader roles(in 4 reviews)

• "The company culture took a massive turn for the worse with the introduction of a new venture captial-backed management team(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "management team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Very positive change"

5.0

I have been working at Brightside full-time

Pros

The new management team and CEO have brought a great deal of positive change and a whole new attitude to customers and staff. The company is becoming very open and transparent and are happy to engage with all staff. They are clear that the better the company does then the more will be invested in the staff.

Cons

The building needs some investment but this is a current project and we have been shown some exciting plans.

2. "On the right track to becoming a better place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Brightside part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Very positive steps being taken to improve employee and customer experience - Good benefits - Good work life balance

Cons

- Worked here for five years (3yrs full time, 2yrs part) there has probably been just as many CEOs all promising to make a difference but never actually acting upon their words. As mentioned above though, the current CEO Brendan is actually taking steps - the necessary ones - to turn it around, as are the senior management team. Hopefully better things on the horizon. - Not many career progression opportunities, just senior or team leader roles - Salary structure - people who have been there for 5yrs are still on the starting salary

3. "Appreciated employee"

4.0
    Current Employee - CS Advisor in Aust, England

I have been working at Brightside full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

An events committe that arranges many fun activities inside & outside of working hours, approachable management team on all levels, encouragement to progress agents journey, great location with free parking and safe walking outside area, supportive of any physical/medical concerns of employees, which I myself have benefited from in the last few years, giving oppertunities to move around the business when positions become available, which allows agents to increase their knowledge and self-worth.

Cons

At times in the past a tendancy to react rather than be proactive when agents voice possible improvements to practices, which has become so much better recently with some really supportive Team Leaders and promoted seniors.

"Shocking Company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Front Line Staff in Aust, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Brightside full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People at lower lever such as Agents and Team Leaders are the only reason why I stayed so long. Decent pay for the workload. Nice location

Cons

The WEAKEST Senior Management Team I've ever seen in my 10 years of working in contact centres. Pointless learning senior managers names as they change every couple months. Priorities also change on a weekly basis. There is no clear direction or guidance. Everything is a "short term solution". Nothing gets rolled out appropriately which ultimatly leads to extreme strain on front line staff and customers. The same problems keep happening and nothing gets learned from it. Empty promises in regards to promotions and pay are made to people to try and retain them. Am extremly happy I left, I've made some really good friends but would never work for them again.

Continue reading
  5. "Change is underway...for the better"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightside full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people - sense of fun and collaboration New management team - plans in place to turnaround performance Perfect location with lots of parking

Cons

Gone though a huge amount of change over the last couple of years which has led to poor morale - the new team are in place with focus and energy to improve the business.

Continue reading
  6. "Brightside in transition"

2.0

I worked at Brightside full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. As always, it's individual people that make the difference anywhere you go. 2. The initial culture when I joined was open, inclusive and engaged

Cons

The company culture took a massive turn for the worse with the introduction of a new venture captial-backed management team. This resulted in all the bad behaviour associated with people who are in fear for their jobs - uncertainty, rivalry, redundancies, loss of quality, etc..

Continue reading

"Toxic Company - don't believe the positive reviews"

1.0

I have been working at Brightside full-time

Pros

Parking, that's about it! And you can work 9-5 as management set the pace and are never there!

Cons

From the investors to the CEO (who's never here) downwards management have no idea what they are doing. When we rebranded there was hope the corner had been turned but that management team ebbed away after the investor started meddling. The new CEO treats the job like one big expense account and shows no depth or ability to deal with the stress of pulling this business out of its death spiral.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.