Brink's, Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 744 reviews

2.8
Brink's, Incorporated CEO Douglas A. Pertz
Douglas A. Pertz
Pros
  • "Good people with a relaxed atmosphere(in 33 reviews)

• "I worked with Brinks for a year and a half never had any issues with my coworkers great people to work for except upper management(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Missing good workers for lack of paperwork!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time

Pros

Didn't even get to start work there... I think that's a pro seeing how they deal with people.

Cons

I was offered a temp to perm role through my recruitment company. Told to wait until their FD came back off holiday (3 weeks). Just before he got back I was told they'd filled the role internally because they we're happy they had to wait for my DBS check and passport to come through (which they said they were happy to wait for). Gaps in my CV only there because if companies I'd worked for had closed, sold on, gone... into administration. I wasted time and money getting all the documents they continually asked for, a passport and DBS check I didn't need all for them to go behind my back and hire internally. So many bad things to say, horrible, dishonest and discourteous people to deal with. I am quite glad I escaped before I got sucked into their two faced ways of working.

Advice to Management

Be honest with people, especially those you want to do business with. If employees can't trust you, can clients...??

Brink's, Incorporated2017-09-07
  2. "Very very poor experience indeed - worst company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apart from the obvious (being paid, going home), there aren't many pros at Brinks.

Cons

Visible money wasting going on throughout the company, money and energy is not being targeted in the required places. No scope for promotion or individual growth, lack of training. Company is so far behind and stuck in the dark ages nothing new is learnt. Management would struggle to organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

Advice to Management

Look after those who do the real work, they are the ones who get things done and make things tick. Look at yourselves, have you had proper people management training? Do you know how to motivate staff and make them feel valued and not overlooked? If not, many will be making for a swift exit. Less talk, more action.

Brink's, Incorporated2014-10-22
  3. "Good company hair work p"

Former Employee - Messenger

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company to work for pays off

Cons

Time management, attention to detail count everything

Brink's, Incorporated2019-09-19
  4. "Too much politics and loss of talented employees"

Former Employee - Brinks Administrative Services IA in Richmond, VA

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some really great people that work there.

Cons

Too many great people leaving. Too much work and too little pay. Too much office politics and gossip. Employee intimidation and retaliation.

Advice to Management

1. Be transparent with your employees, don't blind side them and offer to help them resolve issues. 2. Always trust and listen to your employees and vet any too good to be true information from external counter intelligence operation that makes you turn against each other or distrust each other. 3. Request the help of a noc to de-escalate and resolve sensitive issues and maintain a good corporate image by... eliminating the cons listed above.

Brink's, Incorporated2019-09-15

September 16, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that this was your experience. Thanks again for taking the time.

"Not bad, but they lie."

Current Employee - Coin Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits Not Terrible Compensation Exciting and fast paced

Cons

Lies Poor Management No regard for safety standards

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with some respect. Don't promote an employee into a position with a pay scale posted on the wall that indicates a certain hourly wage and then refuse to provide the raise until a new pay scale is posted which shows an hourly wage of 2.50$ less an hour for the same position. Be upfront about the upcoming changes in the pay scale.

Brink's, Incorporated2019-09-12

September 12, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We are always trying to find ways that can help our employees feel comfortable in their position and environment. We note and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

6. "Good Stuff"

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time

Pros

Pay every week and overtime

Cons

Long hours and a lot of driving

Brink's, Incorporated2019-09-12

September 13, 2019Social Media Community Manager

We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed working for Brink's. Thank you for sharing your experience!

"Can be good job experience"

Former Employee - Messenger in Hyde Park, MA

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone that works at Brinks is awesome. From the managers, route supervisors, to the drivers and messengers. When you're on the road and they always help you through any issues you encounter.

Cons

The job training significantly lacks the content needed for a job the carries a firearm. Long hours (50-60 hrs/week) and overtime is paid only 5 hours over 40, anything after that goes back to straight time. Expect your schedule will include one day off during the week and Sunday, Saturday will most likely be a work day. There was a push to start having strictly one-man routes.

Advice to Management

Better job training, especially firearms training. Better pay/overtime

Brink's, Incorporated2019-08-28

August 29, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Hello. First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We're glad to hear that the people you worked with were awesome! However we are always trying to find ways that can help our employees feel comfortable in their position and environment. ...

8. "Worst job EVER!"

Former Employee - Cash Logistics Processor in Detroit, MI

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Going Home whenever your shift is done.

Cons

No Training but yet you are responsible for millions of dollars. No end times so u wont be seeing your family. Rude managers and dirty buildings.

Advice to Management

Stop FORCING people to work all day. Not everyone WANTS overtime DAILY! Hire professional managers! Make sure new employees get trained. Get rid of your FAKE schedules (in case they get audited) and actually only schedule people 8 hours. People who WANT overtime should volunteer. A manager yelling wud not make me stay at any job. I will walk rite out just like I did. Bye BRINKS!!!

Brink's, Incorporated2019-09-14

September 16, 2019Social Media Community Manager

I'm very sorry to hear that this was your experience. Your feedback is appreciated and noted. Thank you for taking the time to review.

9. "Ok"

Current Employee - Messenger

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time

Pros

Good coworkers. Nice customers at certain stops

Cons

Bad communication. Trucks constantly break down

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees sometime that knows how their routes work.

Brink's, Incorporated2019-08-01

August 2, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We note and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

10. "Not an ideal job"

Former Employee - Messenger in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of overtime was offered.

Cons

Low pay ($10/hr to wear a target on your back). Unprofessional firearms handling. A new manager came in and decided that I needed to come in two hours earlier than normal even though I had specific timed pick-ups. They don’t provide safety gear. Locations I worked at were run down and in bad neighborhoods. Trucks constantly broke down. All in all, it was a terrible job and the management was horrible.

Advice to Management

Make regular visits to locations or have some kind of internal affairs team that does because the locations are poorly run, poorly maintained, and you used to have a great reputation.

Brink's, Incorporated2019-09-03

September 4, 2019Social Media Community Manager

We're truly sorry that was your experience. We are always trying to find ways that can help our employees feel comfortable in their position and environment. We note and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Found 744 reviews