Found 2,899 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about British Airways
Got a burning question about British Airways? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with British Airways employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great colleagues to work with I spent 28 years there and enjoyed it except for the last 18 months" (in 138 reviews)
- "Travel the world and meet great people" (in 126 reviews)
- "Good benefits and discount travel" (in 93 reviews)
- "travel benefits are good for your self only" (in 57 reviews)
- "Fun and good staff to work with" (in 44 reviews)
- "Poor management from the very top to lower managmenet who handled Covid and looking after staff very badly and extremely disorganised." (in 183 reviews)
- "Low pay and not looked after" (in 156 reviews)
- "Long hours and too many short turnarounds on longhaul destinations" (in 121 reviews)
- "Low salary and disdain by management is all you will get even after 10 years in mixed fleet." (in 74 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance and the pay does not reflect the companies expectations." (in 55 reviews)
- 5.09 Nov 2023Cargo SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHounslow, England
Key Role in Logistics: Cargo Specialists play a pivotal role in the movement of goods, ensuring that they are properly handled, stored, and transported. Varied Work Environments: They may work in various settings including airports, seaports, warehouses, or distribution centers, providing opportunities for different work experiences. Diverse Skill Set: The role demands a range of skills including organization, attention to detail, communication, and technical proficiency, making it a good fit for individuals with diverse talents. Global Perspective: Cargo Specialists are often involved in international shipping and logistics, providing exposure to global trade and business operations. Problem Solving: They often face logistical challenges that require creative problem-solving, which can be intellectually stimulating. Career Growth Opportunities: With experience, Cargo Specialists can advance to higher-level positions such as Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Analyst, or Operations Supervisor.
Physical Demands: The job may involve heavy lifting, working in varying weather conditions, and potentially long hours, which can be physically demanding. Tight Deadlines and Pressure: Meeting deadlines and managing the fast-paced nature of the industry can be stressful. Regulatory Compliance: There are strict regulations governing the handling and transportation of certain types of cargo, which must be adhered to, adding to the complexity of the job. Risk Management: Depending on the type of cargo (e.g., hazardous materials), there may be inherent risks associated with handling and transporting certain goods. Shift Work and Irregular Hours: Cargo operations often run around the clock, which can result in irregular or non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays. Customer Service Challenges: Interactions with customers, carriers, and suppliers can sometimes be challenging, especially in high-pressure situations or when dealing with difficult personalities.
- 5.04 Dec 2023Cyber Security AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDrayton, Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, South East England, England
There are so many pros that I don't know where to start. From the get go, they have supported my professional development, and provided me with all of the tools I needed ( and I mean all of the tools, which in cybops is very rare ) They helped my family relocate and even got my partner a part time job
You have to pay for your own fuel. When your car is a 4.5L v10 its very expensive
- 5.05 Dec 2023Cabin Crew MemberFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHeathrow, England
Great traveling Some great people Money is ok Representing the uk Good days off and holiday
Some horrible people Extremely tiring
- 5.028 Nov 2023Executive AssistantFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsHeathrow, England
A great brand to be part of
Manging egos was frustrating but that's typical of the corporate world
- 4.024 Oct 2023InFlight ManagerCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Great travel lifestyle and amazing to visit so many countries
Management are a real con, completely out of touch with those on the frontline who work the hardest! Very political
- 2.027 Nov 2023Cabin CrewFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsHeathrow, England
Travel, then a pension but no more
Company and management don t care about their front line workers anymore
- 3.09 Nov 2023Maintenance AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Travel benefits are a huge positive Working environment is uplifting Shift pattern is quite nice
The management and trying to get your voice heard Its more about who you know than what you know
British Airways Reviews FAQs
British Airways has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 3,100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at British Airways to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
55% of British Airways employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated British Airways 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.