British Airways Employee Reviews about "staff travel"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 266 of over 2,155 reviews

3.4
British Airways CEO Sean Doyle
Sean Doyle
Pros
  • "Can travel the world with staff travel and good life work balance(in 252 reviews)

• "Great as you get travel benefits(in 83 reviews)

• Cons
  • "At times you need to work long hours(in 59 reviews)

• "You are just a number to the company(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "staff travel"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

20+ years

Jan 20, 2021 - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff Travel and discounted perks.

Cons

Very large company with historical HR practises, agreements and processes which sometimes don't allow for effective change in a fast moving sector.

2. 4.0
      Former Intern

intenship at BA

Jan 19, 2021 - Head Office Business Placement in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

staff travel hours not too long

Cons

quite far out of london

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Salary in line with industry but way below other industries

Jan 15, 2021 - Revenue Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can travel the world with staff travel and good life work balance

Cons

low salary compared to what you can make in other companies within the industry but even more when it is compared to others, like tech.

Colleague Engagement Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and give us the opportunity to improve. We're really disappointed to hear that you feel the remuneration for your role wasn’t in line with your expectations. We always aim to meet and surpass the industry average with our pay, not only this we strive to offer colleagues as many opportunities possible to progress their careers.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Same role different title

Jan 11, 2021 - In Flight Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel the world, opportunities to be involved in projects, training and recruitment, staff travel benefits, pay higher than other airlines, investments in new aircraft, refurbished cabins, new catering, free Wifi to access work sites inflight, free food on duty, food allowance for time spent down route, can access hotel reward schemes, discounts on travel, car hire and insurance. Free vaccination, USA tourist visa, Pension and the list goes on..

Cons

Lots of change (Covid-19), some unhappy colleagues, promotion for crew has stopped due to redundancies, some roster practices and seems that every 5 years the wheel is reinvented

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Not as innovative and responsive to change as hoped

Jan 21, 2021 - In Flight Business Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunity Different roles Staff travel benefits

Cons

Office environment isn’t clean Antiquated systems and managers resistant to change lacking diversity in senior management

Colleague Engagement Executive

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as part of the BA team. We really appreciate your feedback and we would like you to know that your review has been acknowledged. We’re really sorry to hear that you feel that there is a lack of diverse management within BA. We pride ourselves on having a unique and diverse workforce and this continues to be an area of focus for us. We do our utmost to ensure that our people feel recognised, whoever they are and wherever they work across the airline.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

CSM

Jan 7, 2021 - Customer Service Manager (CSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel, Staff travel, bidding, crew

Cons

pay, Terms and conditions, management

Colleague Engagement Executive

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as part of the BA team. We really appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that overall you would recommend us as a great place to work. We're really disappointed to hear that you feel the remuneration for your role wasn’t in line with your expectations. We always aim to meet and surpass the industry average with our pay, not only this we strive to offer colleagues as many opportunities possible to progress their careers.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Jan 15, 2021 - Customer Data Agent in Hounslow, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff Travel Progression Good people Helpfull managers Good colleagues

Cons

Burocracy Shift Pattern Too much copmpetition to be promoted jsnd s

Colleague Engagement Executive

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as part of the BA team. We really appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that overall you would recommend us as a place to work.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Hard work,

Jan 21, 2021 - Cabin Crew in Heathrow, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff, travel and variety of work

Cons

Very long hours, pay has decreased, no flexibility

Colleague Engagement Executive

Shift patterns can be tough and aren’t for everyone! Being crew can mean some long flights and time away from family. Work life balance and wellbeing are at the forefront of our people strategy and we do our best to ensure that everyone is well rested and has enough down time. We always aim to meet and surpass the industry average with our pay. If you want any advice on how you can grow in your role, please do reach out to your manager.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Shocking employer

Jan 13, 2021 - Customer Service Leader in Heathrow, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff travel and work with great crew

Cons

Awful management and leadership team. Morally bankrupt

Colleague Engagement Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and give us the opportunity to improve. We’re really sorry to hear that you feel that there is poor management within BA. Our people go through rigorous recruitment processes to ensure that they’re right for the role and we always strive to hire the best. We continue to help our managers hone their skills and hope give them the tools necessary to effectively support colleagues.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Management

Dec 19, 2020 - Technician in Cardiff, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff travel, working conditions, good pension scheme

Cons

Can be oppressive to work there

Viewing 1 - 10 of 266 Reviews