British Heart Foundation Assistant Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
  1. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gloucester, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work as a team

Cons

wages very low ..... Can't think of anything

British Heart Foundation2019-01-03

January 8, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It is good to see that you enjoyed working as a team whilst with us. This is a point that regularly comes up in our employee reviews. It is also positive to see that you cannot think of many cons and we will ensure that ...

2. "Reasonable"

Current Employee - Assistant Shop Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly, International, Fun, Sociable, different

Cons

Short lunches, hard working load,

British Heart Foundation2019-06-12

June 20, 2019

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's good to see that overall you had a positive experience with us and that you enjoy working with a friendly team to make a life saving difference. With regards to the other points you have raised, we will ensure they are shared ...

3. "Rewarding in so many ways"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started as a volunteer in the March and was made assistant manager in the May of the same year. Great progression opportunities Friendly teams from volunteer right up to regional managers and above Rewarding both financially and with a sense of doing something for such a good cause Supportive in all ways possible Getting to work with such a diverse range of people Having to put in the work to see the... results gives you a great sense of achievement

Cons

None to report from me

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The support, advice and friendly approachable nature to all members of the team.

British Heart Foundation2018-08-16
  4. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting lots of lovely People, great working environment, never a dull moment, very supportive management

Cons

No complaints from me, very happy to be here

Advice to Management

Thank you !

British Heart Foundation2018-05-16

July 30, 2018Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to see you love working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and that you particularly enjoy the working environment. We thank you for your review and wish you continued success with us!

"Dont do it its not worth it"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Liverpool, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really interesting work thats it

Cons

You get treated like crap

Advice to Management

Loose the ego and appreciate your staff and volunteers

British Heart Foundation2018-02-01

"Bullying management"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Derby, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

None unless you're a BULLY

Cons

Manager was a bully to staff and volunteers, swearing at people if they didnt do what she wanted them to do , went home early , left volunteers to run shop, when i complained to area manager nothing was done , this company doesn't care about its staff only money , how is bullying allowed in this day and age in such a big company and nothing is done about it , they would rather get money than look after their staff

Advice to Management

Get rid of your bullying managers and follow up any complaints made by staff rather than sweep it under the carpet

British Heart Foundation2017-08-15

"Bulling Culture"

Assistant Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at British Heart Foundation for more than a year

Pros

Great volunteers but used for terribly Good cause but a company who exploits the fact people have died to extract money

Cons

Pressure and bullying commonplace Very Sad that they are used in such a derogatory way.

Advice to Management

Stop exploiting venerable adults and abusing staff

British Heart Foundation2017-04-30

"Rewarding but frustrating"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's very rewarding working for a charity as big and BHF and working with volunteers is interesting and valuable experience. Friendly people and no day is the same. Hands on work.

Cons

Upper management can take ages to make a decision. A lot of bureaucracy. Not a lot of focus on what the charity actually does, which is slightly de-motivating as you can be unsure of what you're working for.

Advice to Management

Provide more in depth training for managers to cover all aspects of paperwork

British Heart Foundation2016-11-07

"The worst I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Volunteers, always busy, some nice people

Cons

I've co-managed in several high end retail sales companies and this is by far the most unorganised and chaotic place I've ever worked! Training for the job was almost non-existent, you were very briefly shown how to do something then you were expected to be an expert. If you made a mistake there were huffs or jibs. Store standards were terrible. The shop was filthy, dust balls and rubbish everywhere, cabinet... furniture never got cleaned unless you asked and asked or done it yourself, floors were never moped unless you done it yourself, price tickets were always missing and nobody knew if something needed booking in or if it had been sold. Stock was always missing and deliveries were dumped anywhere, stock needing booking in just sits around for ages and delivery dockets and paperwork get spread about everywhere and you end up with piles of paper and random tickets on the desk which just gets dumped because nobody knows what it is. There is some great stock which needs PAT testing but never gets to see the light of day, electrical shelves need refilling ASAP but can be left and left.....unless you do it yourself. The trackers need streamlining as you waste more time switching tabs and filling in figures than you do serving and leading your team. The store manager is either taking personal phone calls for 20mins a time or standing around doing nothing other than barking orders. This place basically sucked out all the enthusiasm out of me and made me very negative.

Advice to Management

Streamline trackers, re-merch all stores to create more space between sofas and get a decent training program in place,

British Heart Foundation2016-02-20

"Bulling Culture"

Assistant Store Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at British Heart Foundation

Pros

Worthwhile cause but thats all

Cons

Horrible to work for...Bulling commonplace

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff they deserve more respect

British Heart Foundation2016-01-30