British Heart Foundation Manager Reviews

1 Rating
  1. "Area manager"

Current Employee - Senior Area Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time

Pros

People life style balance benefits excelkent

Cons

Benefits salary staffing personal Technology research recruitment

June 25, 2020Recruitment Partner

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It is great to see that you have had such a great experience with us so far in your career! People and work life balance often come up as positive comments in our employee reviews. With regards to your other comments around recruitment, staffing and technology we would like to hear more detail on how this could be improved if possible. Please, do reach out to us at careers@bhf.org.uk for a confidential conversation. Wishing you all the best!

"Never again"

2.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Harlow, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

The volunteers were lovely to work with.

Cons

Sorting bags of donations is hard work. Some stuff was dirty like unclean garments. No gloves were provided for protection and believe me it is a necessity when you don't know what you'll put your hands in. Area managers have lost touch of the sales floor and dont know how to interact with customers or volunteers and would rather look at figure sheets and belittle people.

June 25, 2020Recruitment Partner

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're sorry to hear about your experience working with us. It is not what we would want nor expect for our colleagues. Our people and volunteers often come up as positive comments in our reviews so it is great to see that you enjoyed working with them. All of your other points will be shared with the retail team and dealt with accordingly . We welcome all feedback and so if you would like to share any further details around the points above then please contact us at careers@bhf.org.uk for a confidential conversation. Wishing you all the best! BHF recruitment

3. "Very unhappy experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Stockroom Manager in Wantage, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very few. Biggest pro was the attitude of fellow staff. Some lovely people work in the store I was in.

Cons

Many. Poor H & S, especially in stockroom. Often overworked & understaffed. Too much pressure put on store staff by management. Too much emphasis on targets & money. The training location store is especially bad. Total lack of H & S. The stockroom is atrocious. The training store is run very poorly with bullying the norm which creates an atmosphere of fear.

June 25, 2020Recruitment Partner

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're sorry to hear about your experience working with us. It is not what we would want or expect for our colleagues. Our lovely people and volunteers often comes up as positive comments in our reviews so it is great to see that you enjoyed working with your team. All of your other points will be shared with the retail team and dealt with accordingly . We welcome all feedback and so if you would like to share any further details around the points above then please contact us at careers@bhf.org.uk for a confidential conversation. Wishing you all the best! BHF recruitment

"Frustrating"

2.0
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Hull, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time

Pros

Non profit. Good controls on corporate expenditure in comparison to many firms. Some really good employees. Great volunteers. Varied work. Relatively short working week, 35 hours, no late nights or long shifts.

Cons

Major conflicts between the charity image & the business requirement. Too much pressure on target & kpi achievement, a charity which threatens letters of concern is not my idea of an understanding employer. They encourage whistle blowing & safeguarding yet a line manager will say "we don't talk about such things". Far too many area & regional managers & directors, not required. Ill thought out notions of what is required while ignoring what the employees & customers need.

March 31, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that you don't feel that we, as an organisation, are listening to you. If you feel that we can be of any support in this area, please contact us on careers@bhf.org.uk. We value your feedback, so this and your other points regarding targets and our use of letters of concern, will be shared with the relevant teams. Recruitment Team

5. "Great cause, generally good people. Held back by culture"

Former Employee - Partnership Development Manager in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great cause Great office Generally good people to work with Decent salary and work/ life balance

Cons

Little proactive engagement from senior management in solving cultural and personel issues

February 4, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience of working with us. Your other points regarding senior management and introducing confidential feedback will be shared with the relevant teams. Whilst we do run a quarterly colleague engagement survey, which encourages confidential feedback, we continually look for ways in which we can improve. Thank you for making a life-saving difference, we wish you all the best in your new adventure! Recruitment Team

6. "Simply the Best"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Northampton, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A Business with Drive Determination to Deliver, it has a fantastic live well work well policy, and is the best company i have ever worked with in 25 years.

Cons

As we go through huge change we cant forget what we ars about ,keep it simple and deliver Great Results.

October 29, 2019

Thanks so much for your review! We're so pleased to hear how much you enjoy working with us. Your other points regarding our values and how we manage change will be shared with the relevant teams.

7. "Voluntary"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Assistant Store Manager in Lewisham, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation for more than a year

Pros

Gained experience and knowledge really enjoyed

Cons

Can't really think of any

"Good experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a different approach to retail. Working for a good cause.

Cons

You get abuse from costumers very often and you costumer service team on head office don't support you at all.

September 20, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you for leaving a review for us. It is great to hear that you had a positive experience overall and were able to gain new skills in retail. We want to ensure that all of our employees have a great experience and feel as supported as possible within their roles. Your points around support from head office and appreciation will be raised with the relevant teams and dealt with accordingly. Thanks for making a life saving difference and we wish you all the best.

9. "bad management. no consequences for blatantly bad employers not doing job."

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nice people to work with. all similar ages.

Cons

senior management really bad. No consequences for employers who do not achieve basic requirements in their role and seniors brush it under the carpet. seniors struggle to handle pressure and there are clear favourites in the company. if you are a favourite, you will get ahead. if not, expect to stay in the same position even if you are good at your job. no clear structure and easy to get away with not doing job properly. no

August 14, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and sharing your thoughts with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed working with your colleagues, but are really disappointed that you did not have the overall experience with us that we would want or expect. We want to reassure you that we do take the points you have raised seriously and if you are keen to discuss these confidentially please do reach out to us at careers@bhf.org.uk.

10. "Super place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office and colleagues who are all working hard to help the BHF achieve its long term strategy

Cons

Food offering isn’t great in the food court on the 5th floor but Camden has plenty to offer

July 17, 2019

Thanks so much for your review! It’s great to see how much you enjoy working with your colleagues to make a life saving difference! We wish you continued success with us!

Found 41 reviews