British Heart Foundation Retail Sales Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
  1. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic to put on CV - Fun people volunteer, so you get to meet lots of great people - Stores are generally frequented by nice folk, lots of older customers. Super nice to exchange banter with - Fun to see what people will donate, lots of surprisew

Cons

- You don't get paid I guess, but I've never seen it as a con

British Heart Foundation2017-02-26
  2. "sales assistant"

Retail Sales Assistant in Partick, Scotland

I worked at British Heart Foundation

Pros

hard working staff at all times

Cons

not enough help too employees

British Heart Foundation2016-07-26

"Management expect too much of paid staff and volunteers"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Falkirk, Scotland

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Met lots of lovely people. Volunteers were all long serving people an made me feel very welcome.

Cons

Complaints are never followed up, always ignored. Only time the management talk to paid staff and volunteers is to tell them to do more work and then complain about the work done.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your volunteers more!! Appreciate it when people go that extra mile for the shop!! Sort out the manager in the Falkirk shop!!

British Heart Foundation2016-02-02
  4. "Volunteered my time as a Retail Sales Assistant in BHF Walthamstow, London"

Former Contractor - Retail Sales Assistant in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation for less than a year

Pros

You get to meet all sorts of people from various backgrounds with interesting stories to tell. Learn no skills and techniques, get discounted clothing items and sometimes permission to keep goods they plan to junk. You are trusted with responsibilities and down the line cash handling.

Cons

Lack of opportunities to progress onto payment role, management can be very hipocritical. Too many tasks being assigned to you, shortage of staff in shifts while other shifts may end up being over staffed. Lazy paid staff members, volunteers often worker much harder and put in more effort.

Advice to Management

Treat volunteers and staff members on payroll fairly. Consider promoting volunteers looking for progression and income. Staff motivation and appraisal, organised shifts so there is qual balance of workers in each shift. Learn to take your own advice. Stop stealing from donations and use staff discounts like other staff are required to.

British Heart Foundation2014-09-04