British Heart Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Heart Foundation Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2019

Found 169 reviews

3.9
  1. "Brilliant place to work"

Former Employee - Graduate in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, social life if you want it, important cause, leadership who listen and you feel part of something much bigger.

Cons

Some teams can be very stretched at times but there’s usually support in place should you need it.

Advice to Management

Carry on listening to people and involving colleagues of all levels in decision making.

British Heart Foundation2019-03-28

April 10, 2019

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It's great to see that you enjoyed working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and the overall culture. We wish you all the best in your new adventure!

2. "GOOD"

Former Employee - Volunteer in Nuneaton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to know people, improving confidence

Cons

It can get repetitive

British Heart Foundation2019-03-20
  3. "Getting really tough to stay"

Current Employee - General Dogsbody in Liverpool, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Full time work and pay no evening/night work get to see unusual items meet some great people healthcare plan which goes towards opticians or dental

Cons

Not enough paid staff No staff bonuses Too much dependence on what few paid staff there are and not enough volunteers No fun any more THEY FORGET THEY ARE A CHARITY SHOP SELLING 2nd HAND ITEMS They have gone too corporate and it is more money - more money - more money

Advice to Management

Remember what we used to be, and focus more on getting staff in through the doors instead of hurting what few staff members we have

British Heart Foundation2019-04-03

April 10, 2019

Thank you for your review. It's good to hear that you feel we offer good staff benefits, and that until recently you've had a positive experience with us. We continually strive to create a positive environment and a healthy work-life balance for our employees, so your comments will ...

4. "Volunteer"

Current Employee - Volunteer in Guildford, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time

Pros

Leaning new skills and having a sense of achievement

Cons

There isn’t any at present

Advice to Management

Keep the volunteer,’s busy so they don’t get bored

British Heart Foundation2019-03-11

"Lovely group of people with their heart in the right place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is such an interesting place to work - no two days are the same! I’ve been on a huge learning curve since joining: in part, as head office is made up of a multitude of diverse disciplines. I feel proud of what I do and the difference I make.

Cons

There are so many people and teams that we do sometimes end up pulling in different directions. It would be nice to see more streamlined and prioritised work plans.

Advice to Management

Encourage joined-up strategies that will help us all to deliver more effectively.

British Heart Foundation2019-03-01

March 20, 2019

Hi, thanks so much for your feedback. It is great to see that you enjoyed working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and particularly the training you have received. With regards to the other points you have raised, we will ensure they are shared with the relevant ...

6. "Seeking a positive challenge and in return receive great reward and recognition then this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Head of Wellbeing, Safety & Resilience in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our people who are passionate and caring, our values played out daily and the fact that we are making a real difference.

Cons

Not really a con but the pace of change is rapid, progressive and positive - offers lots of opportunities to ‘stretch’ your personal and professional self

Advice to Management

Keep actively listening

British Heart Foundation2019-01-25

February 12, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The passion and dedication of our people regularly comes up in our reviews and we try to ensure that all of our employees are recognised for their hard work and are offered as much growth as possible within their roles. We wish ...

7. "Friendly, stimulating environment for all"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team spirit with good work ethic

Cons

None I personally encountered during my stay

British Heart Foundation2019-01-16

February 12, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi there- thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to see that you enjoyed the team that you worked with and that your overall experience was positive. We wish you all the best in your new adventure :)

8. "Sales assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are lovely to work with.

Cons

Can not think of any downsides to this job

British Heart Foundation2019-01-10

January 11, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It is good to see that you worked with a lovely team whilst you were with us.It is also positive to see that you cannot think of many cons or downsides! We wish you all the best for the future.

9. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gloucester, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work as a team

Cons

wages very low ..... Can't think of anything

British Heart Foundation2019-01-03

January 8, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It is good to see that you enjoyed working as a team whilst with us. This is a point that regularly comes up in our employee reviews. It is also positive to see that you cannot think of many cons and we will ensure that ...

"Volunteer - Induction Nightmare"

Current Employee - Volunteer in Hamilton, Scotland

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time

Pros

Staff seem nice enough, however, one woman was very rude to the other new volunteer who had just started today and the other volunteers/paid staff seemed to not like her too much either.

Cons

I was given a booklet with the health and safety information then left alone in the staff break room for half an hour. I was basically following another volunteer around for 3 hours until they went home, I was not given any tasks and was barely taught anything. I simply had to wander around for 4 hours doing absolutely nothing at all.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your new volunteers and have a set plan in place for when they come for their induction. I was literally walking in circles around the store for 4 hours, occasionally popping into the break room to sit for 10 minutes.

British Heart Foundation2019-01-14

January 24, 2019

Hi Thank you for bring this to our attention . It is being sent to the appropriate teams to investigate further . I would be keen to continue this conversation if you could possibly contact me direct ? Please email me at vaadvice@bhf.org.uk Jo - Volunteering Team

Found 169 reviews