British Heart Foundation Reviews

Dr. Charmaine Griffiths
  1. "Fab!!!"

Current Employee - Operations Assistant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff Great office Workers are valued and invested in

Cons

Its a bit of a drive to get to work but I would sacrifice this because I love my job so much. I love the change I am makign in people's lives.

September 20, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi there. Thank you so much for leaving a review for us. It is a great to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us. Our friendly staff and office environment often comes up as a positive comment in our employee reviews. We wish you all the best and continued success with us!

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Fundraising Support Administrator in Birmingham, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, supportive office environment.

Cons

Limited opportunity for progression in my role.

September 20, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hello, thank you so much for leaving a review for us. It is a great to hear that you're enjoying your experience and feel that we are a great place to work! Our friendly office environment often comes up as a positive comment in our employee reviews. Regarding progression opportunities we would recommend having a conversation with your Line Manager in order to find our more about what internal opportunities are available for you. You can also make use of the range of courses and webinars on our Workday Learning platform to support you with your personal development. We wish you all the best and continued success with us! :)

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a different approach to retail. Working for a good cause.

Cons

You get abuse from costumers very often and you costumer service team on head office don't support you at all.

September 20, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you for leaving a review for us. It is great to hear that you had a positive experience overall and were able to gain new skills in retail. We want to ensure that all of our employees have a great experience and feel as supported as possible within their roles. Your points around support from head office and appreciation will be raised with the relevant teams and dealt with accordingly. Thanks for making a life saving difference and we wish you all the best.

"Poor management and no progression"

2.0
    Former Employee - Ebay in Leeds, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely colleagues Flexi hours Lunch/tea breaks Food sometimes provided

Cons

No career progression Poor management Data protection

September 20, 2019Recruitment Partner

Hello, thank you for leaving a review for us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed working with a lovely team and the flexible hours that we have. The friendliness of our team members and flexible working environment often comes up as a positive point in our employee reviews :). Regarding your other points, we want to ensure that all of our employees have a positive experience with us and feel supported in their roles. If you would like a further confidential chat with us then please email careers@bhf.org.uk and we can arrange this.

5. "Good but not always something to do"

Former Employee - Volunteer in Eltham, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice friendly people. The manager was really happy to leave me with complicated or important tasks despite being young.

Cons

When the manager changed days no one got me anything to do and it was very boring.

September 9, 2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review . Feedback from our volunteers is really important and we use it to help improve the volunteering experience at BHF. I'm really pleased that you worked with nice friendly people and that the manager gave you lots of interesting things to keep you busy . Sorry that this wasn't the case when the manager wasn't in as we work hard to make sure all our volunteers are given a wide variety of roles and tasks . Very few tasks have an age restriction so there should always be loads to do to prevent anyone getting bored . We will take this feedback on board . Jo _ Volunteering Team

6. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Volunteer in Maidstone, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

Gained a lot of new skills working behind the scenes and staff are friendly providing flexible hours

Cons

Tasks are often repetitive which can be boring

July 25, 2019

Hello there , thank you for the review. I'm really pleased that you gained lots of new skills , this is a real benefit to volunteering . We aim to give volunteers the chance to try lots of different roles to give variety and prevent repetition, we will take your feedback on board. Thank you for your support. Jo - Volunteering Team

7. "bad management. no consequences for blatantly bad employers not doing job."

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nice people to work with. all similar ages.

Cons

senior management really bad. No consequences for employers who do not achieve basic requirements in their role and seniors brush it under the carpet. seniors struggle to handle pressure and there are clear favourites in the company. if you are a favourite, you will get ahead. if not, expect to stay in the same position even if you are good at your job. no clear structure and easy to get away with not doing job properly. no

August 14, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and sharing your thoughts with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed working with your colleagues, but are really disappointed that you did not have the overall experience with us that we would want or expect. We want to reassure you that we do take the points you have raised seriously and if you are keen to discuss these confidentially please do reach out to us at careers@bhf.org.uk.

8. "Bhf"

Current Employee - TILL OPERATOR in Hitchin, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely people Expands skills on a wider range

Cons

There’s a lot of walking on some days

July 31, 2019

Thanks so much for your review! It’s great to see you are building on your skills and that you enjoy working with your colleagues. We wish you continued success with us!

9. "Graduate Electrical Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Liverpool, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Improve my skills good communication with different peoples achieve more confidence to repair electrical appliances.

Cons

some of electrical appliances that peoples donated is not in good conditions

July 17, 2019

Thanks so much for your review. It’s great to read your comments about improving your skills and confidence with us. We wish you continued success with BHF!

10. "Staff service"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Leicester, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time

Pros

Very good staff and fun job to do

Cons

Can get a bit crowded

July 31, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience of working with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us as a Sales Assistant. Thank you for making a life-saving difference, we wish you all the best in your new adventure!

Found 210 reviews