Find jobs for Warehouse Assistant

1.3
British Heart Foundation Chief Executive Dr. Charmaine Griffiths
Dr. Charmaine Griffiths
0 Rating
  1. "British Heart Foundation Volunteer"

5.0
    Former Employee - Volentary Warehouse Assistant in Falkirk, Scotland

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very easy to apply to, great staff, very flexible with volteering hours

Cons

When I was there, the warehouse wasn’t in the best state

2. "Good place to work."

4.0
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Plymouth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at British Heart Foundation part-time

Pros

Lots of coffee and banter.

Cons

Not enough volunteers , too much Alcaffe and banter.

Continue reading

British Heart Foundation Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience of working with us. We'll pass on your comments about Volunteer recruitment to the relevant teams. Thank you for making a life-saving difference, we wish you all the best in your new adventure! Recruitment Team

"Shocking Treatment and Unprofessional Outfit"

1.0
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Carlisle, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really really enjoyed meeting and getting to know a lot of volunteers and listening to their life stories. Enjoyed the chance to travel and cover another shop for a week and being put in a very nice hotel with a brilliant restaurant joined onto the hotel. Some generally very nice people in some management positions, unfortunately not all of them.

Cons

Having passed my probation the new area manager decided to not put the paperwork through properly, or admin decided to ignore and knock it back for no reason (performance was excellent, without myself and a few other staff members and volunteers the shop would have fell apart). To then later be falsely accused, not have a proper investigation done, judged, jury and executed in the matter of 20 minutes using probation. (Even though I had passed my probation weeks earlier). To be sold out by a very green area manager who single handedly destroyed the shop and its pricing. To then also be told my health and safety work booklet had not been put in my file, although being told by another member of management it definitely was in my file as we had an audit and this would have been flagged in the report. To provide no evidence or details to follow through on ending probation, to refuse my manager to represent me in the meeting, to claim the meeting was probation review, even though it was questioning me so should have been a fact finding meeting. To feed false information to HR, so when I appeal the decision I am flat out lied too. To waste charity money on tipping loads and loads of furniture (bear in mind tip runs can cost £200-300 per van run, not including payment to van crew yet). To treat volunteers like slaves and forget they are not paid staff members. The worst admin and systems in a "professional" company. To be stabbed in the back after being the only one to take up extra days work to cover the shop, the only one who would volunteer to do extra work and things not in my contract and to try and go above and beyond for the store and the charity. Delivery charges are extortionate, some very poor and devious van crews. Some managers are on way too much money for a charity and do very little work compared to those under them. In general not following any type of procedure for anything. No 3 month probation review as stated in contract, no 6 month final probation meeting. On the 7th month finally had a probation meeting to be passed only to be shafted weeks after. Clear pattern exploiting the use/extending of probation to change your mind on a person when you like.

Continue reading
  4. "Warehouse Operative"

Former Employee - Warehouse Operator in Ilford, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Casual Environment - Charity work -

Cons

- Low salary - Not very tidy area - Hardly any benefits

5. "Volunteering at the British Heart Foundation"

4.0
    Former Freelancer - Warehouse Assistant in Pontefract, England

I worked at British Heart Foundation for less than a year

Pros

It was great working at the British Heart Foundation Furniture Warehouse as it helps 100's of people who are on a low income get decent goods for their homes.

Cons

The people who purchase goods at the British Heart Foundation are nearly all on low incomes and the charges for delivering goods is too high compared with the price of the goods themselves.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews