British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews about "bhf"

Updated 17 Jul 2020

British Heart Foundation Chief Executive Dr. Charmaine Griffiths
Dr. Charmaine Griffiths
Pros
  • "Friendly staff, work around your prior commitments(in 19 reviews)

• "Generous funding and support network from BHF alumni researchers(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Personal pressure to achieve as charity funded(in 33 reviews)

• "No cons at all great place to work(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "bhf"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "PhD"

Current Employee - BHF PhD Candidate in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time

Pros

Generous funding and support network from BHF alumni researchers

Cons

Personal pressure to achieve as charity funded

2. "Great place to work"

Former Contractor - Professional Fundraiser in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at British Heart Foundation for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of opportunities to develop yourself and to learn a lot about the work of the BHF (e.g. regular opportunities to hear from researchers) - Great benefits like gym / class subsidy - Head office is in a good location (transport and lunch choices) - Staff very passionate about the charity's work - High salaries for the charity sector

Cons

- Can't think of any...

July 10, 2020Recruitment Partner

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review for us :). It is great to see that you had such a good experience working for us and we're able to make good use of the development opportunities and our benefits. Thank you for your contribution to our cause. Wishing you all the best in your new adventure! BHF Recruitment team

3. "Super place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office and colleagues who are all working hard to help the BHF achieve its long term strategy

Cons

Food offering isn’t great in the food court on the 5th floor but Camden has plenty to offer

July 17, 2019

Thanks so much for your review! It’s great to see how much you enjoy working with your colleagues to make a life saving difference! We wish you continued success with us!

4. "Passionate people working hard to make a difference"

Current Employee - Senior Organizational Change Specialist in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at BHF for two years and it's the best place I've ever worked. The people are all really passionate and committed to our cause. The senior leadership are great at communicating the vision and it is clear how each person's job contributes to the overall strategy. We are always looking to improve and I think it will just get better and better over time. Personally my manager is excellent, my team are supportive and I love the actual work I do. I would definitely recommend it as a place to work.

Cons

At the moment I think our passion and ambition means that we take on too much as an organisation and don't always prioritise the important things. This can mean that people's workload is high. However, the leadership are aware of this and are looking to improve our approach. I also think we could collaborate better as an organisation but again that is something we are working on.

5. "Shocking"

2.0
    Current Employee - Volunteer in Kingston upon Hull, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at British Heart Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have heard that many BHF stores are very good however that was not my experience.messed up once doing reductions in my 3 week was then not trusted to do anything else. I constantly asked to benter shown how to do stuff so I could take on that role in the future and build my skill set. I was as you can imagine very dissapointed when people who started after me where shown things straight away without asking. Oneach day I got into store at 12:30 and walked around until (they don't like you stood still) all the management at the front desk where sat down having a chat with a friend who had come in. I was tired after walking for so long an sat down on a chair at the other side of the stores within 1 minute the assignment manager was screaming at me from across the store even with customers present. Ithe is dissapointing that this was not an isolated incident.

Cons

Lots of people who come through job center are given a hard time because they are on a bit of a leash

November 27, 2018

Hi , thank you for taking time to leave a review as volunteer feedback is key to helping us improve the volunteering experience and I would very much like to discuss your comments and the points you have raised . If you are happy to email me on vaadvice@bhf.org.uk Regards Jo - Volunteering Team

6. "3 Years In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The BHF is a grate place to work. I have been here 3 years and have really enjoyed it . It has given me he time t learn new skill and devotee my know of my chosen career path.

Cons

I can not really say there are any cons works not for the bhf

November 8, 2018Recruitment Partner

Hello, thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you feel the BHF is a great place to work that you've developed and had career progression in your role. It is also good to see that you do not have any cons! We wish you continued success in your role.

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best place I have ever worked! I really enjoy working with such great, enthusiastic and talented people! The BHF is doing some really interesting things, investing more in its work and conversely in it's people with new digital tools and new technologies like Workday - always trying to improve itself and do better. This makes for a friendly and warm place to work where people can be themselves, are listened to and where the Values are very strong. People matter here!

Cons

I cannot think of a downside, it really is a great place to work with an open culture!

October 3, 2018Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you so much for your review and feedback. It is great to hear that you really enjoying the working environment, the exciting projects and open culture! It is also great that cannot think of any downsides! :). We wish you continued success with us.

8. "Great place to work when you want to push boundaries and try something new"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The BHF is a place that's always open to new ideas and trying a new approach. The leadership team, and other people in the organisation, actively encourage everyone to innovate and to aim higher.

Cons

The innovative spirit sometimes crashes against the challenge of being a large charity with systems that take a long time to work around, and old hierarchies. I know that lots of large organisations have the same problem, but it can be frustrating to be caught between the two worlds.

September 11, 2018Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to see that you enjoy working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and particularly the new ideas and innovations. With regards to the other points you have raised, we will ensure they are shared with the relevant teams and dealt with accordingly. We wish you continued success with us!

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Public Affairs in London, England

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Working with lots of passionate and knowledgeable people across a wide range of sectors - Pay and benefits is relatively good for the sector - In my team, there is a relatively 'flat' hierarchy, and individuals at every level are supported to take ownership over the projects they work on - Really robust complaints procedure, and issues are taken really seriously

Cons

- The BHF doesn't recognise trade unions, which is very unusual for such a large employer of retail staff

August 6, 2018Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to see that you 're enjoying your role with us- particularly working as part of a passionate and knowledgeable team! With regards to the other points you have raised, we will ensure they are shared with the relevant teams and dealt with accordingly.

10. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Retail Change Specialist in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at British Heart Foundation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Genuinely caring employer absolutely commited to their cause and the people they work with. Working here you are constantly surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do to deliver better results for the BHF because they believe in what we do. Team is very much led from the front by example and is a pleasure to work here. If you're looking for career progression or development the only limitations on it here are the ones you set yourself.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about working here

August 6, 2018Recruitment Partner

Hi, thank you so much for your fab feedback! It is good to see you love the working environment, our passionate teams & the development opportunities that are available. We thank you for your review and wish you continued success with us.

Found 20 reviews