Bullhorn Reviews

Updated 12 Apr 2020

4.0
Bullhorn Founder & CEO Art Papas
Art Papas
Pros
  • "Extra Perks: If you work in one of their offices, free lunch on Wednesdays, free breakfast on Fridays, and monthly local outings(in 21 reviews)

• "Great culture, people and benefits(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bullhorn has been acquiring companies like crazy, so if you're afraid of change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's not the company for you(in 21 reviews)

• "Some growing pains when it comes to inter-departmental work(in 19 reviews)

1. "Brilliant company to work for with fantastic and humble people!!"

Current Employee - Vice President in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Phenomenal development and learning opportunities with a real focus on you as an individual. Over the numerous years I have worked here I have benefitted from working for inspirational leaders and working with colleagues who truly have your back and care. I have been lucky enough to have experienced several promotions throughout my time at Bullhorn with some roles being created specifically for me in recognition of the fact that not all roles fit all people. This flexibility has really enabled me to fully utilise my skillset whilst providing a challenging and prosperous environment to continue to grow. The company is nothing without its people and I couldn't think of a better group to work with.

Cons

As with most successful SaaS companies and with respect of the staffing industry things tend to move very quickly so my advice versus a Con specifically would be to be prepared for working within a fast paced environment.

Bullhorn2019-11-22

November 25, 2019VP of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and positive feedback. We appreciate your insight on both our fast paced environment as well as our culture of recognition and internal promotion.

"Politics and favourtism"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

lots of free nights out. plenty of alcohol on expenses if you hang out with the right people.

Cons

read all the reviews on here. there are lots of positive reviews that still mention how clicky it is. if you are part of the club then you will find that you can behave however you want and will be promoted to pretty much any level. There are lots of examples of this in sales. If you are not part of the club then you probably wont stay more than a year or 2

Bullhorn2020-02-19

February 24, 2020Chief People Officer

Having an incredible culture is very important to us at Bullhorn. We strive to make this the best place for our employees to come each day to do their best work. One of the things that makes Bullhorn unique are the shared values that we live by each day. Each of us, regardless of level or performance, are measured not only against our results, but also how we live our our Bullhorn Core Values. We also aim to create an environment in which every employee feels a sense of belonging, and we are fortunate to have many long-tenured employees at the company, but we still have more work to do, and it sounds like in this case we fell short. Our hope is that our employees can develop great careers, work with awesome people, and continuously help make Bullhorn a great place to work.

3. "An amazing company that I couldn't stay away from..."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was previously employed by Bullhorn for 5.5 years and had an amazing experience. Another role arose that appeared to be very good opportunity, however, after a short period (11 months), I returned to Bullhorn. Bullhorn has an amazing culture that is promoted, lead and driven by the entire Senior Leadership Team, everyone works as one and constantly drives towards excellence. As a fast growth technology company, Bullhorn has never forgotten the importance of making everyone feel valued and ensures that everyone has the opportunity to voice their opinions. An inclusive organisation in every sense.

Cons

Nothing to add here

Bullhorn2019-08-30

"The Power of People"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

What I love about Bullhorn, and what’s kept me so excited to work here since that first day in 2010, is not just how much the business invests back into the product, but more importantly it’s people! Having started at Bullhorn as a temp admin I never imagined I would be able to take the career path that I have, and that is down to the coaching and mentoring I have received over the years. There is a big focus on investing in the future, and I'm incredibly excited to currently be a part of the new Leadership Experience program which enables me to network and collaborate with other leaders across the business, all driving towards a shared goal. A number of the C-Level Exec team started Bullhorn in entry level roles - this is a HUGE motivator for myself and those in those entry level roles now. It has enabled Bullhorn to create a great culture whereby employees feel the Execs are approachable, and events such as the annual Sales Kick Off emphasizes this, along with them providing transparency across strategy. I owe a lot to the senior leadership team, particularly our CRO who has both encouraged and supported me through my career at Bullhorn since day one, and ensured I continue to push my boundaries - taking to the main stage at Engage London was a nerve-wracking but hugely proud moment of mine! As a female leader in a pretty male-dominated industry it can be difficult, but I have been incredibly lucky to work for such an inclusive and supportive company, and one that has a huge investment into Women in Recruitment, opening up doors for mentors and networking both inside and outside of Bullhorn. There's a reason why retention is high at Bullhorn.

Cons

If you don't want to work in a fast-paced, ever-growing, global company, then Bullhorn is not for you.

Bullhorn2019-03-26

"Inspirational vision and an amazing culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Using words like “vision” might read like platitude, but before Bullhorn I’d never spent more than 2 years or so with the same company. That’s because in every role, you learn your job in 3 - 6 months, become proficient in 1 – 1.5 years and then your job becomes routine. And routine is boring. I’ve been with Bullhorn for over 5 years and never lacked excitement; we’re always looking for the best way to serve our customers. That translates in product development rates like I’ve never encountered, heightened focus on customer experience and always being inquisitive about the industry. This creates new challenges we must deal with every day and above all, is a great engine for career growth. I love it! The other thing I cherish is our culture of inclusivity. My colleagues are of all ages, from various backgrounds and cultures. A true melting pot and I don’t think we would be as successful as we are without it.

Cons

Being such a dynamic organisation does create challenges, as well. Communication and coordination becomes more difficult. Sometimes things get very busy, which really tests your ability to prioritise and you become more reactive than you’d like to be. But luckily, being part of a great team, you get to lean on each other to achieve success.

Bullhorn2018-11-22

"Impeccable."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everything I wasn't getting at my old company - Culture and core values make Bullhorn special - Everyone loves contributing, the calibration and internal communication is electric, stuff just gets done and to a high standard - Loads of internal promotion opportunities, promotion within 12 months is becoming an expectation and a good challenge for me to have to deal with - There is a consistent focus on continual improvement and always having the best interests of the customer - They survey employees, owns up to mistakes and course correct - They are human, sometimes life happens - Care about society and giving back, allowed 4 days paid time off annually to participate in charitable events

Cons

Sometimes a few too many meetings but I understand the need to create synergy across departments. Sometimes a challenge to find improvement opportunities, Bullhorn is a well-oiled machine.

Bullhorn2018-10-18

"Great people, great career growth!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bullhorn International has a great dynamic - a close-knit group of sharp and hard-working people who are passionate about doing a good job and working together to do so. There's a real sense of teamwork and regardless of whether or not it's "your job", people care about helping one another out and that's evident from day 1. The international business has a long growth trajectory ahead, opening up the door for larger teams and increased scope. I've always found that management gives employees a lot of responsibility (and early on in your career) and it's easy to see how what you do on a day-to-day basis has a real impact on the business.

Cons

Not necessarily a con... but because it's fast-growing and there are a lot of things to absorb right away, that could seem overwhelming as a new starter but if you're the type of person that loves to jump in, ask questions, and get started, then you'll thrive!

Bullhorn2018-10-23
  8. "Amazing focus on People!"

Current Employee - Event Marketing Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young team Great product Lots of perks Laser focus on objectives Lots of internal promotion

Cons

Bit far too me There are cooler/better offices

Bullhorn2018-08-17
  9. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Renewal Specialist in London, England

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, management and culture

Cons

Can't think of one, it was a great place to work

Bullhorn2018-05-12

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bullhorn is a company that offers a lot of chances to its employees. This can be a change in role of promotions within. The landscape is always evolving through growth and acquisitions. The culture is great and something that the company prides itself on is the way employees are treated. This is from the very top all the way down.

Cons

I like change within the company however that could be seen as a negative for other people. Communication between departments could be better.

Bullhorn2018-04-20

April 23, 2018Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for contributing to the great culture!

Found 319 reviews