BuroHappold BIM Coordinator Reviews

Updated 20 Jul 2016

4.5
BuroHappold Chief Executive Officer Neil Squibbs (no image)
Neil Squibbs
0 Rating

"BIM Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Bim Manager in Hong Kong

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Global Worksharing effort. Crative environment

Cons

Slow Decision making. Can be drawn out, but things finally happen

BuroHappold Response

HR team

Hello Thank you for your comments. It's great that you feel encouraged by the creative environment and feel part of our one global team. We appreciate your feedback, we strive to ensure our processes are efficient and are consistently looking at our new tools to facilitate easier decision-making. We hope you have a flourishing career with us. The BuroHappold Team

"Struggling with growing pains"

Former Employee - BIM Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BuroHappold full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and projects. Amazing health plan, good PTO policy. Company makes decent effort to touch base with employees through semi-quarterly all office meetings. Many young, friendly engineers.

Cons

Management not keeping a tight enough leash on the staff, there's a lot of disorder and a lot of ambiguity about who is responsible for what on a typical job. Repeat clients are getting hard to come by. Salary is a bit low across the board, but at the same time health insurance premiums are about 60% less of what I've seen elsewhere, and they are great plans. So that balances this out somewhat. There is no work/life balance at BH, and while it's not an explicit expectation, 60 hour weeks and days that end at midnight or beyond were not uncommon. For the most part employees are fairly compensated for this high workload. There is a bit of a resource allocation problem when it comes to the (woefully understaffed) drafting team. Engineers should be expected to carry more of the load when it comes to things like AutoCAD instead of relying on a busy middleman to do less involved tasks.

Continue reading

"Need to unify approach"

2.0
    Current Employee - BIM Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, good projects, good engineering

Cons

Heiarchry is such that a BIM person works for everyone and is the boss of no one.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews