Busy Bees Childcare Reviews

Updated May 18, 2022

Found 243 of over 258 reviews

3.5
Busy Bees Childcare CEO Cheryl Creaser (no image)
Cheryl Creaser
Pros
  • "My daughter will start nursery in January too(in 23 reviews)

• "Busy Bees employee rewards and benefits(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Love working at my nursery however a con is Pay difference between long standing and pay scale for new employees(in 18 reviews)

• "Long hours, high pressure, expectation to go(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,889

959 Comments

Teachers

159.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Busy Bees Childcare~37402
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Just LOVE my job!

Apr 23, 2022 - Centre Director in Basingstoke, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding, great training and progression opportunities. Feel privileged to work with such a dedicated staff and make a difference for all the families that come through our doors.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for the lovely feedback you have provided. It's wonderful to hear that you find your career with Busy Bees to be rewarding. Everyone is aware that one of Busy Bees main priorities is to ensure each child has the best start in life, but another priority is ensuring our employees are well looked after and given as many opportunities as possible to progress their career with us. Thank you for everything you do at your Centre and for being part of the Busy Bees team.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee

They Spit you out when finished with you

May 15, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training opportunities and genuinely I believe the intention was to give children the best start in life but….

Cons

Unless you get Outstanding you are definitely not appreciated here! Such a Disgrace, ive witnessed the area managers slagging off other managers calling them thick. They are users and once finished with you spit you out despite the hard work done. I will be leaving ASAP

Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all the feedback we receive. We're delighted to hear you were able to take advantage of the training opportunities we offer here at Busy Bees. Please be assured that along with giving our children the best start in life, our staff's well-being is also at the forefront of what we do. We do not tolerate speaking ill of others within the business and name-calling. We would love to hear more on this, please email us with more info (it will be anonymous) at nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com so we can get this escalated appropriately.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Apr 7, 2022 - Senior Room Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support, Career progression opportunities, family feel, lovely Centres, competitive salary, great holiday entitlement. Staff appreciation.

Cons

Long hours not necessarily a con as most early years jobs are Long hours.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for sharing with us your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that you find Busy Bees to be a great place to work. We're very proud of the benefits we're able to offer our employees and it's people like yourselves that make Busy Bees a great place to work. Thank you for everything you do to support our children and we hope you will continue to develop your career with Busy Bees for many more years to come.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Bad for your mental health

Apr 22, 2022 - Nursery Room Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Parents cared about staff and acknowledged our efforts

Cons

Expected overtime and made to feel you couldn’t turn it down as the nursery would be left over ratio Bad morale Not valued Too much expected, with no paperwork time given Management doesn’t take on board that staff are struggling and not able to meet expectations Staff higher up don’t seem to realise the pressure they put on nursery to be at full occupancy, leaves management booking in children when there is no space. No issue ever fully resolved Huge lack of resources, staff end up buying their own as told nursery cannot buy any - then told we need to plan better activities but have no resources to do so Staff inductions no longer carried out to high standard due to lack of time to spend time training inexperienced and unqualified staff which overall effectives quality or care.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Busy Bees do value each and every one of it's employees, but it's also wonderful to hear that parent's also appreciate our colleagues and all that they do for their children. In regards to the points you have mentioned under cons, this seems to be perhaps more Centre specific and something we would really like to investigate further. Please could you reach out to us (your details will remain confidential) at nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com to allow us to address this with the relevant departments. Many thanks.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Apr 4, 2022 - Area Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Busy Bees are investing in their staff teams with great salary reviews, birthday recognition day and amazing training opportunities. Dedicated to provide the best start in life. Company values are strong.

Cons

Early years is not a recognized profession but this is not BB's fault.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review for Busy Bees. It's wonderful that you recognise the dedication from our employees to provide children with the best start in life, something we are very proud to be able to do. Thank you for the part you play in this and for ensuring your teams progress their careers with Busy Bees.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Busy bees

Mar 29, 2022 - Nursery Practitioner in Sevenoaks, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- possibility to climb the ladder -lots of formation

Cons

-low salary -take lots of time from personal life

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate all the feedback I receive. We're delighted to hear you appreciate all of our incredible career opportunities, we take pride in our fantastic training and recruitment department. You'll be happy to hear that our salaries have recently been reviewed to better reflect the work that our staff do, they have been amended as such. Busy Bees understand the importance of work lie balance and ensure all overtime is at the employee's discretion. Thanks again for your review, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Positive place to work

Mar 24, 2022 - Safety Team Manager in Newcastle, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team working Always developing and evolving Listens to staff Values staff Supportive of staff and wellbeing

Cons

Busy bees are flexible no negatives to think of.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate all the feedback we receive. Here at Busy Bees our staff and children's safety and well being are at the epicentre of what we do, we take pride in our fantastic support and growth opportunities, along with our fantastic staff. Thank you again for your review and for your long-standing hard work here at Busy Bees, we appreciate you!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic employer

Mar 17, 2022 - Group Chief Financial Officer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, ambitious company, put the children first

Cons

Hiring qualified staff is difficult, can place pressure on staff

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the positive feedback. As you know, we pride ourselves on putting the children first, they will always be our number one priority. We're working hard on our recruitment drive for qualified staff, hopefully in the near future we'll be able to ease the pressure on existing staff. Many thanks

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Worst company I’ve ever worked for

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely nothing - awful company

Cons

Senior team including Cheryl Creaser are absolutely vile and do not care about the staff or children. The senior head office team haven’t even visited half the nurseries they have purchased and are extremely money driven, being on 6 figure salaries while 80% of their employees are on minimum wage is a disgrace.

Recruitment Manager

We are sorry to hear of your negative views of Busy Bees. Having begun her career in our centres, working as a Practitioner herself, Cheryl has a deep understanding of what's required to be an effective early years educator and absolutely prioritises the children and staff in our centres above all else. Our leadership team prioritise giving children the best start in life, just as our tag line suggests, and so we always want to hear when people feel we have fallen short on this. If you have more information you'd like to share, please send it to nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com and we would be grateful for the chance to investigate.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not great

Mar 27, 2022 - Nursery Practitioner in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The children were literally the only pros

Cons

40 hour weeks and then expected to do even more work at home. Not only had to get observations every week but also had to complete extra documents due to certain childrens needs. I feel like the workload was overloading at times. During my time with the company, 5 months in I fell pregnant and due to extreme sickness I had to tell my manager quite early on. Two weeks after I told them I was subsequently let go for “attendance” even though I only missed work to attend appointments for the pregnancy

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all the feedback we receive. We're happy to hear you enjoyed working with the children. Please note that all overtime is at the discretion of the employee and each role has contracted hours that the employee is made aware of at the start of their employment. Please can you advise us further on your situation and reach out to nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com so this can be dealt with properly as we take these accusations very seriously. Thanyou again for taking the time to leave a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 243 Reviews

Busy Bees Childcare Reviews FAQs

Busy Bees Childcare has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 258 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Busy Bees Childcare to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Busy Bees Childcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Busy Bees Childcare. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

51% of Busy Bees Childcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Busy Bees Childcare 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Busy Bees Childcare Job Seekers