Busy Bees Childcare Employee Reviews about "busy bees"

Updated Jul 29, 2021

Found 26 of over 269 reviews

3.6
Busy Bees Childcare CEO Cheryl Creaser (no image)
Cheryl Creaser
Pros
  • "My daughter will start nursery in January too(in 23 reviews)

• "Busy Bees employee rewards and benefits(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Love working at my nursery however a con is Pay difference between long standing and pay scale for new employees(in 18 reviews)

• "Long hours, high pressure, expectation to go(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

169.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Busy Bees Childcare~37402
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "busy bees"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for.

Mar 2, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Ewloe, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic opportunities for personal development within setting and company. Great company support with training both online Virtual learning academy as well as providing face to face training. Access to online app called UP which is a great support tool for staff to use to support children's planning and development. Management support at my setting is amazing, they are very approachable and supportive and praise and reward staff regularly whether it's a thank you, praise of good practice verbally or treats are given, extended lunch, lunch brought for team or team night out! Busy bees provide staff with access to life works which enables staff to seek help and advice on a wide variety of subjects both work related and personal. I have worked for busy bees for over 10 years and I couldn't praise them enough especially my manager.

Cons

Really can't think of anything.

Recruitment Manager

Hi, Thank you for your review about Busy Bees, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us and our future employees. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with us. It is people like you that help Busy Bees give every child the best start in life. Thanks again Sarah

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst company I've ever worked for

Jul 29, 2021 - Early Years Practitioner in Portishead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication and relationships with parents and caregivers. The staff are the best part of the company, trying everyday for the sake of the children to keep a sinking ship afloat.

Cons

This company does not pay sick pay except for management and if you do take a sick day you're penalised for it (as if you want to lose money!). I didn't attend a single team meeting in the year that I worked there and I had no training offered to me even though this is something that is stated in the job advertisement. The company is greedy and selfish and never shows any appreciation to staff, mental health is certainly not a priority at Busy Bees! Some members of staff were being paid below minimum wage which is illegal and the general consensus was that everyone felt overworked, underpaid but most of all underappreciated and unnoticed. When regional directors came in to "inspect" our rooms not once did they say "well done", they didn't even crack a smile or start a conversation with us, no interpersonal skills. Head office would give us incentives to improve the rooms and garden by using resources which we'd have to get donated for free (saving them money) and then we wouldn't even get thanked when we did it. These jobs included fitting things in the garden, painting, gardening and decorating rooms. To top it off, in terms of the children, the food is worse than meals I've seen served in my Nan's nursing home and the rooms are filthy. All the cleaners do are sweep a bit and change the bins. They don't touch the windows, skirting boards, surfaces and certainly don't mop (this didn't even improve when covid hit). As a parent I wouldn't board my dog here. Honestly the most surreal workplace I've ever had the displeasure of working at and I truly wish I had more positive things to say.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great way to progress

Jul 18, 2020 - Key Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Busy bees offer lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

Managers do not seem to promote high quality child care High expectation of working hours without reward

Recruitment Manager

Hi, Thank you for your review about Busy Bees, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us and our future employees. If you do want to detail any of these points, please speak to your Area Director. Thanks again Amy

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

Jul 7, 2019 - Early Years Educator in Braintree, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff support systems have been put in place. Busy Bees employee rewards and benefits Bank holidays off Some flexibility for work hours Career opportunities

Cons

Can sometimes be a lot of paperwork

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Early years practitioner

Apr 20, 2019 - Early Years Practitioner in Chichester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind staff and management, Laddo, the children, benefits of busy bees

Cons

Work load and no time to do it in! Always rushing to get work done as it is work overload and most important thing is the care of the children.

Recruitment Manager

Hi Thank you for your review about Busy Bees, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us and our future employees. We will take on board what you have said and pass on to the relevant parties. If you have any further comments or would like to discuss things further then please contact us on 01543 678450

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Review of Ealing Common Nursery

Nov 2, 2018 - Relief Staff in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This review is ONLY for Busy Bee's Ealing Common Nursery, and not a review of Busy Bee's as a whole. Supportive and understanding colleagues, creativity is encouraged, management is very direct yet respectful with feedback, flexible working hours, training and advancement opportunities, loads of laughs!

Cons

Space is tight, they're owned by Busy Bees.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A fantastic company to work for.

Aug 7, 2018 - Financial Administrator in Reading, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Children are at the heart of all that Busy Bees believe in, and how they operate and the opportunities to progress within Busy Bees are always readily available with their in house training department.

Cons

Sounds like I am being bribed, but honestly, I cannot think of any.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Senior Room Manager

Jun 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The ethos behind Busy Bees is very much valued and believed in by Executive Management within the company. The company as a whole have a very strong passion within childcare and providing high quality childcare and learning opportunities for all children. The team within my nursery are all very hard-working and all want the best for the children. The company have a vigorous recruitment process with the ambition to employ highly qualified, experienced and/or passionate individuals with robust safeguarding policies. There are policies and procedures in place to protect the children and staff at all times.

Cons

There can be long working hours due to staff shortages within the sector and struggles with recruitment of quality practitioners.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poorly organised let you down

May 21, 2018 - Nursery Practitioner
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working with the children the parents are nice. and have a good team of staff that i work with who I know provide a great standard of care. Busy bees have provided some new re-sources.

Cons

Often short staffed poor cover of sickness/holiday they don't like using cover staff though we need them. Often when higher management come in they can be very rude seem to look down on you. Put you on overtime without asking part time and full time staff. Very disorganised often change things and don't tell you. Expect you to cope with low staff plus do mountains of paperwork. Low pay for really hard work and a lot of stress.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company to work for!

Aug 8, 2017 - Manager in Hillingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Busy Bees gives a wide range of training opportunities which helps to progress within the company!

Cons

People stay in their roles for a long time which can be hard to progress within the same setting.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews