C2 Education Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

C2 Education Reviews

Updated 17 Jan 2020

C2 Education Executive Chairman Peter Waller (no image)
Peter Waller
Pros
  • "C2 creates an environment that allows tutors to truly assist their students(in 44 reviews)

• "Hopefully you will have a good center director like I have had(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "Communication can be hit or miss, dependent on center director / coordinator(in 47 reviews)

• "No benefits as it is a part-time position(in 35 reviews)

1. "Very Supportive and Collaborative Work Environment"

Current Employee - Tutor in Little Neck, NY

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

C2 Education at Little Neck fosters a supportive work environment for the staff. Everyone is open to hearing new ideas on ways the center can help improve student performance. Each student plan follows an individualized plan of study. The teachers are encouraging and reassuring which helps the students be more enthusiastic and motivated to learn.

Cons

When a student wants to change his/her curriculum suddenly, it can be a little difficult on the tutors' end to find new study materials that would work best for the student's style of learning. This is not a big con and can be solved easily with proper communication with the EC and CD.

C2 Education2020-01-17
  2. "A good other job"

Current Employee - Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you like teaching and working with committed students, you'll enjoy this job. Hopefully you will have a good center director like I have had.

Cons

Given that my position is literally the value creator for the company, you would think we (teachers) would be given gratitude. I kid you not, one year the teacher appreciation was observed by letting us wear what we wanted. The materials are not edited carefully and are not updated on a regular schedule. The management seems more concerned with producing leads than making sure the quality of the product is excellent. No windows. Seniority does not mean that you will receive the most hours at your center. This is effectively a zero-hour contract job.

Advice to Management

Come to the party and do something meaningful for teacher appreciation day. Pay good money to teachers to make contributions to your materials. Make $15/hour the minimum wage for any work (it is 2020!).

C2 Education2020-01-09
  3. "Decent Part Time Job"

Current Employee - English/History Tutor

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you need a small, part time job, this is great. Easy on your schedule, pays well.

Cons

The training is excessive and takes forever.

C2 Education2020-01-07
  4. "Decent pay, fulfilling"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Pay was good could maybe be better, calculated with respect to educational background and experience -Fulfilling job -Somewhat flexible work hours

Cons

-Sometimes need a bit more prep time for the lessons

C2 Education2019-12-31
  5. "Extremely fulfilling, flexible hours, chances for raises"

Current Employee - Teacher in Little Neck, NY

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for more than a year

Pros

The students are, without a doubt, the best part of working at C2 Education. Obviously, the types of students you encounter will vary, but most of them understand the level of investment that their parents put into their education and will do their best to make the most of the experience. There's nothing more satisfying and endearing than seeing the students gain the confidence to achieve the results that the ultimately obtain. Additionally, the hours are extremely flexible and there's an opportunity for a raise every half year. Your starting pay is dependent on the subjects you will be able to teach as well as your education level. Little Neck center, in particular, is extremely busy and has sufficient traffic to ensure that the work schedule you end up with will be fairly consistent though there is no guarantee. Even so, there are opportunities to still perform clerical duties like answering phones or checking and arranging binders. Put simply, I came for the straightforward nature of the job and the flexible hours but stayed for the students.

Cons

Obviously, there isn't room for much advancement seeing as it is a part-time position. The company also provides insurance opportunities, but it is not paid for already. The center is rather busy, so it is sometimes easy to lose track of where students stand on their interim tests, which should be given on the regular for proper tracking of progress, especially since there can be fluctuations from test-to-test that are due to luck or an off day. This is an area that is very inconsistent, as some students can get through 4-5 practice tests while others only get to 1. The company also places a lot of emphasis on its own curriculum, sometimes to a fault. The 3:1 ratio is a staple of the company, and it works well for the most part since rotating to another student is easy enough when the other have work to do. However, for school-specific work, C2 ironically doesn't have much in terms of curriculum. There often isn't ample notice given for what a student will work on, so it can be difficult to prep ahead, particularly if that student does not come with his or her own material.

Advice to Management

Communication with the parents or students could be improved. Tracking down and recording test scores, for instance, is something that a test prep center should be concerned with, but it is sometimes overlooked. This also ties scheduling practice tests to gauge progress and something as simple as a follow-up to see what specific school topics are being worked on. This is probably more symptomatic of the fact that the center has changed management a few times since the situation is improving.

C2 Education2019-12-20

"Not a conducive workplace: needs to clean up in-house management"

Current Employee - Education Coordinator

I have been working at C2 Education full-time

Pros

Education based companies have a good mission that can leave a satisfactory feeling when work is done for the day. Student improvement is always a joy shared with staff. Work is usually left at the door.

Cons

second-hand observations of discriminatory conduct by superior authorities (primarily racist, sexist). From what I have noticed, most go under-reported due to fear of loosing job security. I frequently observe questionable sales and business practices by superiors that do not follow company policy.

Advice to Management

Prioritize clientele satisfaction over monthly sales targets. Conduct investigations at C2 centers about discriminatory conduct and business practices with all personnel.

C2 Education2020-01-01
  7. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at C2 Education part-time

Pros

Very flexible hours, decent pay

Cons

Sometimes students cancel last-minute and there aren't enough students for all teachers to work with I was also asked to teach subjects that I hadn't studied for a long time

C2 Education2019-12-19
  8. "Good place to work part-time"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Good pay, Satisfying work

Cons

Unreliable scheduling that's dependent on students

C2 Education2019-12-16
  9. "Help students succeed their SAT and ACT scores."

Current Employee - Math Tutor

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Flexible hours. Nice people

Cons

If you want more hours, that can be problematic because they pay you hourly and based on their needs.

C2 Education2019-12-13
  10. "No Benefits. Inconsistent Schedule. Money Hungry"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for more than a year

Pros

Only here for the students.

Cons

No benefits whatsoever for part time even if you work over 30 hours. Schedule is never consistent and some week you could be working for only 6 hours. Upper management only cares about meeting budget.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and focus on your current students rather than sales.

C2 Education2019-12-24